List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Do you support the club trading for picks 2 and/or 3?

• Yes Trade for 2 & 3

• Yes But Only For 2 or 3

• No

• Unsure

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

1727568210766.png

Trade & Free Agency Dates

Free Agency Period - Friday October 4th 9am to Friday October 11th 5pm

Trade Period - Monday 7th October 9am to Wednesday October 16th 7.30pm

Last edited by a moderator:
🤔hmm eagles trade in Bolton and Baker this year, then trade for warner next year when the afl introduces trading picks 3 years in advance? They've got harley there already and are somewhat on the clock as all vic clubs are circling. Reid, Bolton, Warner they've already got Allen, they then just need to find a key back.

tiges head to draft with 1,3,6,13,18,21,23

wwest Coast might get Chad next year

Yeah. Loyalty sometimes is brave. I was loyal to this club and even was a coterie member during 37 years of shit.

But in this context, yes they are pea hearts. Sorry to hurt your feelings.

Pea heart is not normally a term used specifically to describe people you feel are being disloyal.

The most disloyal behaviour anybody can demonstrate is undermining a cause from within. You could fairly argue that in this era of mainly fair trade and free agency compensation and salary caps it is almost impossible for a player to be disloyal by leaving for another club.

In this case it appears the club will be more than fairly compensated. So what the **** are you even on about?

Tigertwobobwatch.

Not oissed off at all. 2 / 2 / 2 / 3. 9 x flags and played their hearts out for the club. Now when they are all 26yo+ we scoop up half a dozen top-25 picks to launch into our next era.

Genuinely wish them well and feel it’s great timing they are leaving.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I don't see them doing us a favor at all, I see that it's more lucky that we are going to get something for them.

I want them gone but I'm not going to send them off with a thankyou, that's for sure.

Don't think Pea Hearts is fair.

Graham sacrificed more than any other player has over the last 7 years in both roles and playing injured, only reward is whipping boy on here. Baker has given everything and wasn't an easy decision, while Bolton is simply timing and the likelihood it works out for everyone. None of those players were at the club when Rance, Riewoldt and Cotch put the club before themselves to stay loyal off the back of a shocking 2016.

Rioli on the other hand. Ignoring what was worst first 100 games by any player who ever played for Richmond minus a prelim final which he lived off for years. Is joining a fellow traitor in Dimma and was the first to make a decision to leave despite having everything handed to him here and having no real connection to where he is going beyond the coach. The likes of Butler, Stengle and Higgins have had dominant seasons for other clubs due to him being the favoured child and them having to seek greener pastures. He is lucky we have GC by the balls and have to force them to give up a lot for him otherwise he would be copping it from everywhere.

Interesting take on Graham, I see a guy who was tempted by Carlton before changing his mind, tempted enough by Port Adelaide to visit their facilities and now tempted with the Eagles by doing the same. Perhaps he gives his all when he commits but I don't think he is 100% loyal.

Doesn't surprise me these guys failed at leading our club this year.

Pea heart is not normally a term used specifically to describe people you feel are being disloyal.

The most disloyal behaviour anybody can demonstrate is undermining a cause from within. You could fairly argue that in this era of mainly fair trade and free agency compensation and salary caps it is almost impossible for a player to be disloyal by leaving for another club.

In this case it appears the club will be more than fairly compensated. So what the **** are you even on about?

Tigertwobobwatch.

When the going gets tough. The pea hearts get going.

Arguing with you on this forum is really a waste of my time regardless.

They’ve won/ been big parts of flags we never thought we’d see (I used to covet finals wins, but now the currency I want most is cups), are going to clubs I don’t really care about & we’re gonna get paid through the nose for them. Sooner this than them just punching the card for the next 4-5 years.
And Daniel will be a deserved winner of our B&F - has worked his butt off all year, even though he knew it’d bounce back fast.

If you want a US sports model, including cashing out stars, this is it.

Of course, it’s not by design, so that’s a difference, but I don’t currently feel huge pain or anger seeing them go. Ask me again when they’re kicking our butt, or if we airswing on 6/7 first rounders 🤦‍♂️

Interesting take on Graham, I see a guy who was tempted by Carlton before changing his mind, tempted enough by Port Adelaide to visit their facilities and now tempted with the Eagles by doing the same. Perhaps he gives his all when he commits but I don't think he is 100% loyal.

I think that's the definition of a pea heart ^

After a few flags and a club taking a punt on him when everyone else passed too.

Graham can go for nothing, makes me feel ill thinking anyone viewed him as a potential successor to Cotchin's captaincy.

Yeah. Loyalty sometimes is brave. I was loyal to this club and even was a coterie member during 37 years of shit.

But in this context, yes they are pea hearts. Sorry to hurt your feelings.
sooo brave...so me me me, so salty, so much mayo. fact of the matter is the club understands the 4 guys and partners predicament/s and preferable lifestyle choices and in 3 cases have left the door agar for whats best for all concerned, with JGTI they have flung the door wide open for him to seek his trade elsewhere.

Tigertwobobwatch.
fight GIF

I think that's the definition of a pea heart ^

After a few flags and a club taking a punt on him when everyone else passed too.

Graham can go for nothing, makes me feel ill thinking anyone viewed him as a potential successor to Cotchin's captaincy.

After the likes of Cotchin and Jack sacrificed so much for them and wanted to build the club for them to be part of, first sign of hard yakka off they go.

It’s worked out perfectly for us. It’s actually going to be brilliant in the end, so couldn’t care about these guys anymore, but, if I isolate what I think of them, yep, pea heart.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thats the business. A lot easier to be loyal to one club when said clubs first offer is a 5 plus year deal on 700k plus compared a two year deal on 400k.

The only player who deserves criticism is Rioli, the rest have valid reasons for leaving.

Thats the business. A lot easier to be loyal to one club when said clubs first offer is a 5 plus year deal on 700k plus compared a two year deal on 400k.

The only player who deserves criticism is Rioli, the rest have valid reasons for leaving.
if Daniel Rioli was engaged to a lass born and bred in Ferntree Gully, who worked as a hairdresser in Blackburn South he still would be playing at Tigerland in 2025. Dimma was a minimal factor, less travel time to his homeland also factored in. love him and hope he does well but can't see him getting the toy boys any higher than 8th.

Blessing in disguise. We are bottom on the ladder with them playing and we somehow can offload a 28 year old Rioli who was previously unable to break into our side and hated in here, Bolton who is not who you build a side around as he taps out when it gets hard, and Baker (B grader at best). You can’t build a premiership core around them, they are cherry on top types who fill utility needs. The fact we will get borderline startup concessions for them is glorious.
When Dee’s players are mentioned the club very strongly closes conversations down. When tiges players mentioned we hardly hear boo! Reckon the club is pretty happy with where it’s at and most likely encouraging the movements! If it all pans out even close to the way this board is suggesting is going to be a huge win for us tiges!

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Back