List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Do you support the club trading for picks 2 and/or 3?

• Yes Trade for 2 & 3

• Yes But Only For 2 or 3

• No

• Unsure

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

1727568210766.png

Trade & Free Agency Dates

Free Agency Period - Friday October 4th 9am to Friday October 11th 5pm

Trade Period - Monday 7th October 9am to Wednesday October 16th 7.30pm

Last edited by a moderator:
This is embarrassingly skin deep analysis but Shorty was really really familiar & congenial with Hinkley after our game over there.
Maybe they’re both just nice guys, but yeah it jumped out at me & if Houston goes, Port can’t really afford to go backwards & clearly have headroom given their Perryman chase.
Just a thought
Wouldn't that be a win win. We get a draft pick and we get rid of Short.😁

Depending on the confidence levels the decision makers have in Samson Ryan (which going by the contract size I guess are high), I reckon we should be asking if Preuss wants to come down to Punt Road to play as the injury fill-in guy if Nank goes down.

Unless of course the club feels like Ryan and OHB can get it done but for the price of a rookie selection I think he'd be ok just to chuck into the trenches if/when Nank misses. Also helps prevent our young string beans from getting belted/stops us from risking Balta in there.
This is what we should of been doing instead of
Giving tooth pick 3 years

Rioli for pick 6 - win (would be even better if we can somehow get a 2nd rounder on top)
Baker pick 13 - win (never expected this pick and still don't believe it)
Bolton pick 9 & 16 - Loss, (I hate it, but I even hate 9 & 10).
Graham - compo - win (don't care if it's a 3rd rounder TBH).

All our late picks don't even come into the conversation, maybe we do lose a pick in the Baker deal (29?) I hope we can maximise those late picks though, happy for future picks if we already have so many picks in the top 30.
Will be pretty stunned if Blair lets Shai go for 9 & 16. He’s got 4 years left on his current contract and has said he’s happy to stay with us if we don’t get what we want in the trade.
It will be 9 & 10 minimum at a guess, but who knows! Blair will get the best deal he can, and Freo will be desperate to secure Shai, given they’ve been chasing him for most of this past season.

Will be pretty stunned if Blair lets Shai go for 9 & 16. He’s got 4 years left on his current contract and has said he’s happy to stay with us if we don’t get what we want in the trade.
It will be 9 & 10 minimum at a guess, but who knows! Blair will get the best deal he can, and Freo will be desperate to secure Shai, given they’ve been chasing him for most of this past season.
He just tells them 9&10 or he stays. Simple.

Blair needs to burn the suns bs it's just pick 6 dreaming bf winner abd under contract. 6 and 20 nothing back or 6 and 12 and something going back to them minor.

As for Shai and aren't 9 and 16 , 9 and 10 or else Dockers can go away.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cooney gearing up for todays mega trade.....

4-20 Weed GIF

Hope he’s stayed off the red cordial and cheezels but I’m not hopeful

Blair needs to burn the suns bs it's just pick 6 dreaming bf winner abd under contract. 6 and 20 nothing back or 6 and 12 and something going back to them minor.

As for Shai and aren't 9 and 16 , 9 and 10 or else Dockers can go away.

Shai on his day is an absolute star. If they ever got themselves into a final and need a match winner he has that class.

They need to pay up if they think they’re in the window

Spot on, I find it baffling that people think that Freo will only offer 9 & 16. 16 could end up in the 20's.

It's like walking into a Ferrari dealership with 20k and saying that's all I've got.

GTFO now would be the response. Go find the rest and come back or don't bother.

Yes, it is! Never gets on the field and even then, he’s very average. Gotta be better then Preuss around surely
Not so far there isn't, not on the cheap anyway. We're not talking about someone to lead our ruck here, or even wanting him to be a second ruck on gamedays. It's just a big mature body in a 'break glass in an emergency' situation.

Has always maintained any of our premiership guys want to leave to better their post football life they go with my blessing.

We’ve probably had the best years of Rioli and Bakes. Bolton is the one of those three that’s the crown jewel.

Now down to Blair and Toce to maximise what’s best for the club. Once a player is out the door to another club I don’t give it a second thought

Rioli - Pick 6 & 12 for Rioli & 29
Rioli - Pick 6 & 20 for Rioli
*Or he stays

Bolton - Pick 3 (WCE)
Bolton - Pick 3 & 23 for Bolton & 21 (Wce)
Bolton - Pick 9, 10 & 16 for Bolton & 21 (fre)
Bolton - Pick 9, 10 for Bolton
*or he stays

Baker
Tom Barress Compo Pick 13

Graham
Have him for free
If we got 20 from GC, I'd do 9 10 and 16 for Bolton and 20. I value 21 higher than 20 in this draft, due to it being 1st pick of 2nd night. Lets clubs have hours, rather than 5 minutes, to strategise and come to us with their best offer if they want the pick. Highest bidder wins.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Back