List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Do you support the club trading for picks 2 and/or 3?

• Yes Trade for 2 & 3

• Yes But Only For 2 or 3

• No

• Unsure

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

1727568210766.png

Trade & Free Agency Dates

Free Agency Period - Friday October 4th 9am to Friday October 11th 5pm

Trade Period - Monday 7th October 9am to Wednesday October 16th 7.30pm

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats easy! Take a pay cut and sign for about 500k a year and we will chuck in a free farm or two!
Don’t forget a nice cotton on brand ambassador role as well

Meh, let Geelong grab the damaged goods, it'll come back and bite them in one form or another. We're playing the good and smart game.

I think it's a given that salary cap trading will be implemented, if not next year then certainly the year after. This will add another dimension as to how clubs can build their lists and will be a vital cog in the machinations. Those clubs who can take advantage will have a leg up on the others particularly with Tassie entering the draft landscape in 3 years time.

There's currently a mild form salary cap trading which we've seen with the Treloar, Grundy and Bowes trades, I have no doubt that the Tigers will be juicing up the salaries in the Bolton and Rioli deals too.

The Tigers have cleared a monumental amount of salary off their books, firstly through the retirements of Dusty, Grimes, Pickett and Naismith, secondly by releasing Bolton, Bakar, Rioli and Graham. I would hazard a guess that it would be around $5m. There's a substantial rise coming next year in TPP's but I would think that most of that would already be factored into contracts, possibly through front loading.

There's also been a change in banking TPP's where 95% was the threshold and clubs could bank that 5% for two years. It's now 90% and that 10% can be banked for 3 years. If the Tigers took full advantage then they could build a warchest of around $5m.

I don't think that Richmond will target many FA players over the next 2 years, maybe some young fringe players if they see value. I do expect that they'll hit the draft hard and could easily end up with 10 first round picks over the next 3 years and likely more than that with salary cap trading. Mark my words though, we're in a great position to hit the FA market hard before Tassie comes in and I mean real hard.

How does Oliver’s contract fit within the TPP? Head scratcher for mine. Adding in Bailey Smith and paying up a few kids who have kicked on.

It’s all very strange to me.
Dees pay all or some of his salary for a while. Like what happened with Grundy's salary & like we did with Delideo and might do with D Rioli. If Cats reckon they need another midfielder that's one solution.

Jack Bowes trade in reverse. Cats give Dees a pick for taking Oliver.

I don't watch every game but vs RFC, they had Atkins, Close, Holmes, Bruhn all go OK in the middle. Stengle got a lot of clearances too.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Back