List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Do you support the club trading for picks 2 and/or 3?

• Yes Trade for 2 & 3

• Yes But Only For 2 or 3

• No

• Unsure

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

1728022538174.png

Trade & Free Agency Dates

Free Agency Period - Friday October 4th 9am to Friday October 11th 5pm

Trade Period - Monday 7th October 9am to Wednesday October 16th 7.30pm

Last edited:
Has anyone in the media actually reported what they assume the compensation will be? Have only seen it’s a 4 year deal on the table. Normally they report a guess at what comp teams will receive as well.

Yes its been reported several times that the expected compo pick will be (pick 22) band 3
From what i hear the deal is around 2.5 mill, could be more!

Does 10 & 11 get Shai done? Also I'm interested as to who the Tigers will target with the Plethora of 1st round picks, any rumours on who you guys will take at 1?
yes, despite the melts

Lalor ive seen all over the top 10, surely with the haul you will have he gets taken with 1 of the top 10 picks. Jagga Smith a chance?
If he falls to 6 maybe but that's unlikely.
Sounds like our first two priorities are FOS and Lalor.

Perryman and Battle being in the top 5% of wage earners is horrendous list management by the hawks and pies. The pies might not have the talent they need to keep a list together in the longer term but the hawks sure do.

Wait until the kids come asking for their fair share.
Worth it for Hawks IMO. Battle isn't top tier but he is far from the spud those emotional posters are calling him. He's perfect for Hawks and they'll challenge for the flag next year and still have a bucketload of cap space.

Perryman is a head scratcher for Pies though. He's not a needle mover.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we're coming hard for WCE pick #3. It's doable. Their rhetoric about "wanting to draft youth" ignores the reality that Bo Callahan Allan will probably be available to Richmond at the first pick in the second round. We just need to make them believe we'll take him if they don't split pick 3.

9 + 20 (from Brisbane) gets them what they want. They can stretch for Bo "he's a bust" Allan at 9, or they can be bold and take their chances that he's still there at the end of the first round.

1 + 3 is a dream hand, with #lolNorf sitting at 2.

Do you think theres a chance you move a pick into the 2025 draft? Tough bringing in 5/6 first rounders in 1 year.
Maybe but unlikely.
It's a very deep draft with a lot of talent and we are going to lose a lot of talent.

I'd imagine it would need to be a future top 8 pick to even turn our head. This is just what I think with a bit of educated guessing.

If you were the Saints and now have picks 7 & 8 you'd pick the player you really wanted at 7 and then pick Kako at 8 just before Essendon has their turn. That would piss them off royally, as bombers would have planned that Kako might get past their first pick.

How much does SOS still hate Essendon?

Lets do a deal with west coast get them to increase the contract to 800K+ over 5-6 years (we'll work out the particulars later for what the eagles get back). The CFL will have to give us band 1 compo (pick 2) that would go down well in the AFL community lets do this Richmond heck em!
They would strip us of all our draft picks for trying to work the system like that.

Himmelberg got Adelaide nothing lol We aren't even going to get pick 40 odd for Graham.

Sorry to intrude but I believe that is because they signed Isaac Cumming as a Free Agent. That happened to us when we lost Eddie Betts to the Crows, we didn't get any compo cause we signed Daisy Thomas as a free agent that same off season.

Anyhow I am sure you guys will get some kind of compo for Graham (although probably some token crap band 3 nonsense cooked by the CFL)

Sorry to intrude but I believe that is because they signed Isaac Cumming as a Free Agent. That happened to us when we lost Eddie Betts to the Crows, we didn't get any compo cause we signed Daisy Thomas as a free agent that same off season.

Anyhow I am sure you guys will get some kind of compo for Graham (although probably some token crap band 3 nonsense cooked by the CFL)
AFL is a corrupt organisation, but we are all hooked on it like crack. Worse than gambling.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Back