List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Do you support the club trading for picks 2 and/or 3?

• Yes Trade for 2 & 3

• Yes But Only For 2 or 3

• No

• Unsure

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

1728031802671.png

Trade & Free Agency Dates

Free Agency Period - Friday October 4th 9am to Friday October 11th 5pm

Trade Period - Monday 7th October 9am to Wednesday October 16th 7.30pm

Richmond have been linked to the following players:
Ben Hobbs
Elijah Tsatas
Jai Culley
Connor Stone
Jacob Konstanty

Last edited:
I get the feeling we're about to do something miraculous:

Ty Vickery -> Shai Bolton -> FOS

Makes you wonder doesn't it, for example finishing last should net you 2 picks inside top 20 to try and rebuild. We are just lucky this year that we have some value in our players who want out.

The AFL had to act, but in fairness they have acted and from next year there should be A) less matching, and B) what matching there is for top 20 type talent will come at the cost of higher value picks than is currently the case. And C) with Richmond near the bottom of the ladder we know there won't be any priority picks given. So these early second round picks should net talent a fair bit higher up the food chain than they do now.

I wonder how it even works with the top 5% of wage earners
Do they just ave out the deal over the number of years because if the case one serious flaw in the system is that the increase in the TPP is being applied to the ave salary’s of today when the ave will increase as the TPP increases every year

They should be using the projected ave payment from the final year of the contract to at least give a better indication of where the contract sits in terms of value

I am uncertain, but the way it reads is it is how high the average salary is rather than how much value is left in the contract.

Ie 6 years left at $700k($4.2m) would not be seen as a higher salary than 2 years left at $1.2k($2.4m).

AFL even if they did tick off the Graham FA and gave us Pick 2 we would need them to approve a deal for Liam Baker that clearly benefits West Coast.

Liam Baker and F2 for Pick 23 and F2 from West Coast could be one that is on the edge.

They wouldn’t sign off a deal that clearly benefits WCE as it would be colluding.

With the FA compensation for Battle and Peatling, they have no choice if WCE offered 5 years at $900k to give us Band One Compensation.

I’m all for it.

AFL even if they did tick off the Graham FA and gave us Pick 2 we would need them to approve a deal for Liam Baker that clearly benefits West Coast.

Liam Baker and F2 for Pick 23 and F2 from West Coast could be one that is on the edge.

They wouldn’t sign of a deal that clearly benefits WCE as it would be colluding.

With the FA compensation for Battle and Peatling, they have no choice if WCE offered 5 years at $900k to give us Band One Compensation.

I’m all for it.
I reckon Jack Graham would like that deal too?

Reckon we have a few tricks up our sleeve

Blair is alot smarter than people think

I mean the Hopper deal was a bust because we finished 10 spots below where we should have

We make a few moves

Rort the graham compo

Nth Pick, West Coast Pick, Essendon pick, are attainable

Interesting to see what he does

West Coast should've hit the AFL up for a priority pick. 3 years of being 💩 should be enough considering they've given plenty of clubs endless handouts and 2 years down the bottom used to be enough. Then they'd have more to trade us. Also when we put our hand out next year and if Balta leaves seeing us with picks 1, 2 and 3 and whatever picks we trade this year would be so awesome watching all the opposition supporters and commentators blow a gasket lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tell WC to up the offer to Graham to 6 years at 850k and they can have baker for pick 25
Mate wce could agree too pay Graham 1.85 mil and we'd still only get end of band 3.

Harry Perryman has joined the Pies, with the Giants receiving a round one selection (currently pick 16) as compensation.

So Giants now have 15&16

Freos pick 16 suddenly becomes 18 or 19. It has to be picks 10 and 11 for Shai or no deal
Cfl doing us a favour without realising it.lol

They wouldn’t sign off a deal that clearly benefits WCE as it would be colluding.

I’m all for it.
What about Baker + 31 + 68 for 25 and 61?

Gets us a few more points to trade to Brisbane, and 25 becomes very useable.

If we also did 6 and 18 for 2 + 24, we'd have the first 3 picks of 2nd round as well as first 3 picks of first.

Is the Isaac Cumming compo released yet? Might give us an indication on what we will get for Graham, although he will likely be getting paid more.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Back