List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Do you support the club trading for picks 2 and/or 3?

• Yes Trade for 2 & 3

• Yes But Only For 2 or 3

• No

• Unsure

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

1728031802671.png

Trade & Free Agency Dates

Free Agency Period - Friday October 4th 9am to Friday October 11th 5pm

Trade Period - Monday 7th October 9am to Wednesday October 16th 7.30pm

Richmond have been linked to the following players:
Ben Hobbs
Elijah Tsatas
Jai Culley
Connor Stone
Jacob Konstanty

Last edited:
Yeah but freo must be considering their development cycle. They’re not rebuilding they would absolutely be thinking they’re a top 8 side. No way they’re hitting the draft they want match winners that can make the difference now
Exactly! It's a very strange comment about the 'sugar hit', They'd be getting Bolton for 6 years, in my mind that's not a sugar hit. Is a shot at a premiership a sugar hit? No ****ing way! It's certainly at odds with what the CEO had to say, where the time is now and I quote "Fremantle CEO Simon Garlick has declared the Dockers’ time to deliver is now and the club will no longer spend time looking into the future as they strive to win their first premiership".

There's absolutely no way that they're backing out of this deal despite the bleatings of Walls.

It'll be 10-11-18

Exactly! It's a very strange comment about the 'sugar hit', They'd be getting Bolton for 6 years, in my mind that's not a sugar hit. Is a shot at a premiership a sugar hit? No ****ing way! It's certainly at odds with what the CEO had to say, where the time is now and I quote "Fremantle CEO Simon Garlick has declared the Dockers’ time to deliver is now and the club will no longer spend time looking into the future as they strive to win their first premiership".

There's absolutely no way that they're backing out of this deal despite the bleatings of Walls.

It'll be 10-11-18

Spot on. I’m sure Blair is sitting in his chair laughing his ass off at this bullshite

Spot on. I’m sure Blair is sitting in his chair laughing his ass off at this bullshite
You'd think that this type of decision would have to be run via the board.

They'll override a list manager in this instance.

Much like Dimma demanding Rioli and not giving a **** as to the cost in picks.

It'll be 10-11-18

yes the whole article was "yes we know Bolton is a star, but you know i have to say some stupid shit to make out we're playing hard ball for our supporters"

Can you two get a room and get it over with. Pretty please.
Discover No Way GIF by ADWEEK

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Band 1 compo requires you to be in the top 5% of contracts held by players 25 or over in the AFL.

There are about 350-400 players 25 and older on contracts in the AFL. So Battle needs to be inside the top 20 of those. Ie he needs to be roughly equivalent of the highest paid player 25 years or older at a random club. At worst top 2.

If Josh Battle is inside the top 20 odd contracts for players 25 and older in the AFL he needs to be on more than at least quite a lot of these guys:

Adelaide: Dawson, Laird, Fogarty
Brisbane: Neale, Cameron, Andrews, Dunkley, McLuggage
Carlton: Cripps, McKay, Curnow, Weitering, (Williams, McGovern?)
Collingwood: Mitchell, Moore, DeGoey
Essendon: Shiel, Merrett, Parish, McKay
Fremantle: Fyfe, O'Meara, Pearce, Darcy
Giants: Greene, Coniglio, Whitfield, Kelly, Sam Taylor
Geelong: Stewart, Cameron
Suns: Miller
Hawks: Sicily
Melbourne: Gawn, May, Petracca, Lever, Oliver
North: Uniacke
Port: Aliir, Wines,
Richmond: Lynch, Bolton, Hopper, Taranto
St Kilda: Hill, Steele
Swans: Grundy, Heeney, Mills
Eagles: McGovern, Yeo, Kelly, Waterman
Bulldogs: Treloar, Bontempelli, English

There are 58 names there. The way I read it, Battle is supposed to be being paid more than all bar 20 of those maximum in order to trigger band 1 compensation. I have bolded 38 names. Those are guys known to be on high contracts or absolutely should be given all the circumstances(their achievements, ability and or their club's salary cap position.)

How the **** is Battle in the top 18-20 paid players out of all these guys? He is like a 5th-6th most valuable player in a team at his absolute peak.

Brandon Ellis signed a $575k pa deal when the cap was $13m so 4.4% of the cap. This apparently was not in the top 60 or so contracts needed to trigger band 2 compensation. Yet Battle reportedly on around $900k - 5.1% of the cap of $17.7m is somehow in the top 5% of paid players 25 years or older.

Very very odd, to say the least.

Demons were sh*te for eternity, Frawley gets them pick-3. Roos were sh*te for eternity, McKay gets them pick-2. Saints haven’t won a flag for 58-years …. Battle gets them pick-8.

Tigers win a flag… Ellis gets us pick-40.

What we should do is retain Rioli and Bolton and have them agree to reduced 1-year deals on $2m each for 2025. Then they come out of contract end of ‘25 and become free agents, and when they leave the other clubs get them for ‘free’, and assuming we finish bottom we have picks 1,2,3 in the draft.

Why not fight corruption with corruption

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

No he’s not over the first 5m. Graham needs 20m to reach top speed. By then the horse has bolted.
Not sure if anybosy has that infor but would love to see both their combine 20 mtr times
I wouldnt say Perryman is any faster to be honest but only going by what i have seen of him

We really, really, really need to push the limits on the Graham compo. GWS compo is beyond belief.
Wce to pay JGTI 950k
Agree too pay 50% of Bakes wage to throw the afl hounds off both clubs.
Simple.

It'll be 10-11-18
it won't because it is not good enough, pick 3 from West Coast or f off

Can you two get a room and get it over with. Pretty please.

And can I join?

I may finally get the BJ I've been posting here for

Bit of difference between Lynch and Josh ****ing Battle though LOL
FA can be your friend or your enemy.
Buddy to Syd under FA Hawks got pick 19 ffs.
In 16 Dusty leaves for Norf.We get 2 1st rnds.
In 18 we get Lynch via FA.
24 as tigs2010 mentioned be good if all 3 were FAs

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Back