List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Do you support the club trading for picks 2 and/or 3?

• Yes Trade for 2 & 3

• Yes But Only For 2 or 3

• No

• Unsure

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

1728031802671.png

Trade & Free Agency Dates

Free Agency Period - Friday October 4th 9am to Friday October 11th 5pm

Trade Period - Monday 7th October 9am to Wednesday October 16th 7.30pm

Richmond have been linked to the following players:
Ben Hobbs
Elijah Tsatas
Jai Culley
Connor Stone
Jacob Konstanty

Last edited:
This is crazy Issac Cumming gets GWS compo pick 21.

I am hoping Blair Hartley has got something up his sleeve with West Coast and we somehow get band one compo (pick two) for Graham
Just up his contract to 900K and eagles get Baker on the Cheap whatever it takes!
Great idea Sally. 😁

if freo were willing to trade 10,11 and 18 for baker and bolton, they'll be willing to trade 10 and 11 for bolton

Not sure we get their 3 rd 1 picks. Though if we dug our heals right in and gave a later pick back, like our rd 2 pick or f2 pick, you would think we'd be some chance. But another possibility may be give us pick 66 and Freo's F2 along with their 2 earliest picks, or the pick now at 30(likely to slide to around 35.) Or some sort of player who is a realistic chance to step straight into our 22 but is not looking like being a key player for them, a Sturt, Brandon Walker or one of the younger guys if Richmond fancies one of them. If the player doesn't want to come, throw an extra 6 figure sum on his contract to see if that improves his attitude to life.

Compensation shouldn't exist but it definitely shouldn't be handed out if the the contract that the player is receiving cannot be matched by the team he is leaving as they don't have the salary cap for it. GWS could not afford to pay Cumming or Perryman the contracts they got and yet are being rewarded for it, at least Saints actually offered a better contract and Battle decided to leave.

View attachment 2131634

Trade & Free Agency Dates

Free Agency Period - Friday October 4th 9am to Friday October 11th 5pm

Trade Period - Monday 7th October 9am to Wednesday October 16th 7.30pm

Richmond have been linked to the following players:
Ben Hobbs
Elijah Tsatas
Jai Culley
Connor Stone
Jacob Konstanty

Where were we linked to these players

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Jack Graham @ 900k is the most absurd contract I have ever heard of! And I like it! That’s Cotch level money if not even more. Taranto’s on the 750k and is levels above Graham. Pick 2 compo does sound good

My made up scenario goes like this:

Trade Baker for a 2nd this year and F2nd.

Then turn around and trade Bolton for picks 10,11 on trade them for Pick 4.

Trade Rioli for pick 6 and a future 1st

Picks 1,2,4,6.

Then while we still have the comp bent over, grab some more lube and trade Thompson Dow to Saints for pick 8!
You had me until the last line. Lube and Thompson Dow. Are they after a lady boy?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richmond should offer what it must to get pick 13 from Gold coast. It stifles other clubs trading for Houston. Better than Brisbanes pick20.
Rioli 29, 42 for 7, 13, 23.
Bid on Ashcroft pick 1.

Richmond should offer what it must to get pick 13 from Gold coast. It stifles other clubs trading for Houston. Better than Brisbanes pick20.
Rioli 29, 42 for 7, 13, 23.
Bid on Ashcroft pick 1.

They want a F1. No chance we are getting it

Richmond finished last in 2007 and Carlton had first pick in the draft.
That's alright. They picked a cripple and we got our triple premiership captain

There's no real difference for us between band 2 or 3, band 2 is end of 1st round, now pick 22, band 3 is a 2nd round pick immediately after ours, which would be pick 24. What will happen though is that the compo will be band 4, a pick in the 40's. There's not much doubt about that.

No it would be before norths two compo pick's from last year which are now held by Swans and GC
So it would be pick 21 straight after lions pick 20. Swans pick 21 would go to 22 and GC pick 22 would go to 23 and our first pick of the second round would be 24

compo.jpg

Last edited:
That's alright. They picked a cripple and we got our triple premiership captain
It's a sweet irony that the Carltankers and the Meltankers delivered us Cotch and Dusty on a platter.

If Graham goes to Westcoast.
Band 1 = pick 2. 1st rnd pick.
Band 2 = pick 21. End of 1st rnd.
Band 3 = pick 25. 2nd rnd pick.
Band 4 = pick 39. End of 2nd rnd.
Band 5 = pick 40. 3 rnd pick.
Bands 1, 3 & 5 are after your pick in that round based on your finishing position at the end of the season.
With previous Richmond free agents leaving the AFL usually down grade our compensation. So I suspect we will be lucky to get band3.

Has the Saints Predisident been heard bitching and moaning today about how unfair they get treated like he was at their B&F????

It’s the very reason he did have a hissy fit. He knew it would help them get band-1 for Battle. The CFL are full of complete snowflakes - have you seen Laura and Dillon? Absolute lightweights..

the system around Free Agency is one of the dumbest ive seen in any sport.

Why not just do it like the US. You lose a player through Free Agency, you get nothing but the cap space? The NBA trading system works very well IMO - not this winning lotto on compo picks - if you lose a player in free agency for nothing, then that is poor list management

If Graham goes to Westcoast.
Band 1 = pick 2. 1st rnd pick.
Band 2 = pick 21. End of 1st rnd.
Band 3 = pick 25. 2nd rnd pick.
Band 4 = pick 39. End of 2nd rnd.
Band 5 = pick 40. 3 rnd pick.
Bands 1, 3 & 5 are after your pick in that round based on your finishing position at the end of the season.
With previous Richmond free agents leaving the AFL usually down grade our compensation. So I suspect we will be lucky to get band3.

What is band 1 $ threshold and what are WC offering Graham.

I need to know before I hang shit on some Geelong and Pies supporters.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Back