List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Do you support the club trading for picks 2 and/or 3?

• Yes Trade for 2 & 3

• Yes But Only For 2 or 3

• No

• Unsure

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

1728031802671.png

Trade & Free Agency Dates

Free Agency Period - Friday October 4th 9am to Friday October 11th 5pm

Trade Period - Monday 7th October 9am to Wednesday October 16th 7.30pm

Richmond have been linked to the following players:
Ben Hobbs
Elijah Tsatas
Jai Culley
Connor Stone
Jacob Konstanty

Last edited:
I was hoping that we would accelerate the rebuild in one draft but the cfl has made sure that isnt going to happen

There’s a whole lot of unnecessary melting happening right now.

I posted this somewhere recently via my own detailed analysis of draft picks and performance. I can’t find the details, but in summary:

Picks 1-7 on average are clearly superior to 8 onwards, but there’s almost no difference between picks 8-15.

And then as you get into late teens and 20’s, there’s also no difference. So we are just as much chance of getting the better player at 28 over 22.

In other words, we don’t need to stress about picks dropping back a few spots throughout the late teens and 20’s.

If pick 6 dropped to 9 then that’s a problem. If pick 10 dropped to 17 that’s a problem.

But with what’s happening, there really is no problem at all.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

what cleary said earlier today regarding the eagles is not breaking the rules it can be done geesook took on a big contract of a player and received pick 7 as well now that is a rort so why can we not do it

Because we are not Geelong, the CFL turned a blind eye! if it was us they would go over the finer details with a microscope

I do not have an issue with free agency.
I guess the logic and genesis of it is to protect the weaker, less desirable, clubs.
Otherwise you have a constant exodus to the stronger performed clubs, it becomes skewed.
You could argue that the Saints invested considerable time, money and effort in "grooming" (no pun intended) Josh Battle and should receive some compensation.

What is band 1 $ threshold and what are WC offering Graham.

I need to know before I hang shit on some Geelong and Pies supporters.

I was under the impression it was 5 years plus on $900k. Age 26 and under.

But I’m hearing Battle got $850k and was Band One.

Either it’s dropped or AFL have done what they do and made it up for them.

There’s a whole lot of unnecessary melting happening right now.

I posted this somewhere recently via my own detailed analysis of draft picks and performance. I can’t find the details, but in summary:

Picks 1-7 on average are clearly superior to 8 onwards, but there’s almost no difference between picks 8-15.

And then as you get into late teens and 20’s, there’s also no difference. So we are just as much chance of getting the better player at 28 over 22.

In other words, we don’t need to stress about picks dropping back a few spots throughout the late teens and 20’s.

If pick 6 dropped to 9 then that’s a problem. If pick 10 dropped to 17 that’s a problem.

But with what’s happening, there really is no problem at all.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I’m confused. Forget about the academy and f/s picks were obviously not in the market for those.

The only way the first round gets diluted is because of these absolutely corrupt compensation picks. The aints get pick 8 for a spud that’s what is an issue for us.

And don’t get me started on GWS who once again get a reach around from the AFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What is band 1 $ threshold and what are WC offering Graham.

I need to know before I hang shit on some Geelong and Pies supporters.
Battle and Perryman were 6 year deals $900k+ for band one.

Cumming less money, but also 6 years for band two.

I can't see Graham's deal being close to that :(

Fremantle list boss David Walls says they won’t overpay to bring Richmond star Shai Bolton but conceded two first-round picks was a fair asking price for the dual premiership star.
The Dockers are set to be one of the biggest players in this year’s trade period when it opens on Monday because of their strong draft hand which includes picks No.10, No.11 and No.18.
Bolton has requested a trade back to WA with Fremantle in best position to get the South Fremantle product home despite his four years still to run on his contract at the Tigers.

Walls said they had begun conversations around bringing Bolton home and conceded they had to give up two picks to land the top-end talent.
“We’ve caught up a few times and we’ve talked so it’s step-by-step … they’ve got a fair idea where we sit with it all. And Shai’s pretty keen to come, it’s just being able to work it out with Richmond,” Walls told The West Australian.
“It’s expensive but he’s got four years to run on his contract and he’s a top-end player. He was leading their best and fairest at round 16 this year, he’s always finished in the top five.
“When you look historically that lines up. There are first-rounders and then there’s first rounders as well. If you’re talking the top 10 or around that mark or if you’re talking pick 16 through to 18 or 19 there’s a bit of a difference with that. But it wouldn’t be too far off the mark.”
Richmond are likely to want the Dockers top two picks of 10 and 11, but Fremantle are reported to want to only send one of those along with 18 to get the deal done.
Walls said the Dockers weren’t yet at a stage in the negotiations where they were haggling over which of the three first-round picks they’d trade but warned if it got too expensive, they were comfortable to not do the deal and bring in young talent.
“We’ll set what we think is the right price to pay but like all these things we’ll position ourselves to do what’s best for the club,” he said.

“We’re not going to be just looking for that sugar hit, short-term win we’ll be looking at what is a fair price to pay, bring him in and get an immediate impact.
“If it gets too expensive, we’re happy to go back to the draft. And it’s a good, good draft to be, so we’ve got to work out where it sits and what Richmond’s expectations are which we haven’t got to yet.”

The Dockers also had interest in Richmond vice-captain Liam Baker, who has instead chosen to reconnect with former Tigers assistant coach Andrew McQualter at West Coast.
“We would’ve liked to have brought him in and we’ve pursued him for a number of years going back to his last contract,” Walls said.
“We’ve said it at a level too where we say you’d like to bring him in but it’s not like we’re going to overpay and be ridiculous with what we’re giving up for him.
“We look at it and say our fallback position is we’ve got the early pick, you haven’t spent the money so your (salary) cap’s in better shape and you’ve also got a first-round pick to use.
“It would’ve been nice but the alternative is a good result as well.”

This> the Dockers weren’t yet at a stage in the negotiations where they were haggling over which of the three first-round picks they’d trade but warned if it got too expensive, they were comfortable to not do the deal and bring in young talent.

Freo have already stated that they want to bring in top end talent to help them get back to finals. Bolton fits the bill.
So he says not haggling yet which of the 3 first rounders to hand over, well it seems they will yield as if they are just going to walk away and hand Bolton over to west coast on a platter.

So, its going to be picks 10 and 11 for Shai Bolton and maybe some pick swaps!

fair my arse, David Walls can suck it and Freo are in no mans land, it is official.

Baker was smart picking West Coast

Walls is deluded, the conversations should be over already
Magic... This isn't your first trade period but you could have fooled me.
He is lying. Of course they've already had the conversations about the picks.

Don't believe everything you read.

Battle and Perryman were 6 year deals $900k+ for band one.

Cumming less money, but also 6 years for band two.

I can't see Graham's deal being close to that :(

Im hearing battle was under 900K, between 800-850K.

For Graham It hasn't been made clear as yet. Still time to up the contract length and money and make a deal with the eagles for bakes on the cheap

If you were the Saints and now have picks 7 & 8 you'd pick the player you really wanted at 7 and then pick Kako at 8 just before Essendon has their turn. That would piss them off royally, as bombers would have planned that Kako might get past their first pick.

How much does SOS still hate Essendon?
They will offer their pick 7 + next years first to freo for Andrew brayshaw
Then offer pick 8 + second round pick this year tied to Adelaide for sam Houston

pie fans making youtube videos welcoming perryman to collingwood and they are bragging about getting him i wrote a comment you guys must like potatoes
a giants fan commented saying he is not that good of a player and you are paying top dollar for a bog average player

Think it’s only fair we give Clarke and Mini a club life memberships if they facilitate this for us
Maybe part of the deal
We all ( as in all Richmond members]buy a Melbourne based West coast membership. All of a sudden West coast crowds in Melbourne increase by 20- 40 thousand a game

I was under the impression it was 5 years plus on $900k. Age 26 and under.

But I’m hearing Battle got $850k and was Band One.

Either it’s dropped or AFL have done what they do and made it up for them.
Battle's deal is over 6 years. Only the first 5 years count for the compensation formula, I believe.

So they probably did something like year 6 on $100k, but averages out to $850k per year over the whole deal. Artificially inflates compensation. Perryman would be doing the same I assume.

Magic... This isn't your first trade period but you could have fooled me.
He is lying. Of course they've already had the conversations about the picks.

Don't believe everything you read.
for those that may not know David Walls is the son of richmond ex coach and Carlton Hall of Famer, Robert Walls, our worst coach in my memory the northey/walls swap i still have nightmares about.
as a Channel 7 commentator Walls also gave Fremantle players all the votes when the Tigers flogged them by 16 goals.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Back