List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Do you support the club trading for picks 2 and/or 3?

• Yes Trade for 2 & 3

• Yes But Only For 2 or 3

• No

• Unsure

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

1728031802671.png

Trade & Free Agency Dates

Free Agency Period - Friday October 4th 9am to Friday October 11th 5pm

Trade Period - Monday 7th October 9am to Wednesday October 16th 7.30pm

Richmond have been linked to the following players:
Ben Hobbs
Elijah Tsatas
Jai Culley
Connor Stone
Jacob Konstanty

Last edited:
The biggest issue with compo is comparing it to current salaries rather than next years when the offer is for next year with a larger salary cap.

What kind of dumb campaigner idea is it to compare 2025 salary to 2024 rates? Laura Kane, you've done it again.

for those that may not know David Walls is the son of richmond ex coach and Carlton Hall of Famer, Robert Walls, our worst coach in my memory the northey/walls swap i still have nightmares about.
as a Channel 7 commentator Walls also gave Fremantle players all the votes when the Tigers flogged them by 16 goals.
Walls is the definition of a loser coach

Battle's deal is over 6 years. Only the first 5 years count for the compensation formula, I believe.

So they probably did something like year 6 on $100k, but averages out to $850k per year over the whole deal. Artificially inflates compensation. Perryman would be doing the same I assume.
So what you're saying is an 7 year deal for JGTI, 900k per year for first 5, and 100k per year the next 2. Front loafing a contract while they can sounds fair to me!!! Also Baker to WC for future 3d totally unrelated as he threatened PSD

28 pages later and

- still no decision between FOS and Jagga

- mayor posters still flirting as cringeworthy as ever… (you know who you are 🏳️‍🌈)

- ex bomber turned into premiership gun retired early before any temptation of going back to that shit stain of a club.

- Bolton is worth every bit of a top 5 pick let alone 9 & 10.. pay up like we know u little inferior brother of WA

- Baker and Graham will be Eagles next Captain and VC so absolute max value for their trades
Good story in the age today says its between Lalor and FOS. And also top 30 look great. Our goal has to be as many picks in top 30 as possible

Attachments

• Screenshot_20241005_085728_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20241005_085728_Samsung Internet.jpg
    268.8 KB · Views: 23
Cbs No GIF by HULU
Please explain
It's only fair if we get a band 2, he is more accomplished player than Perryman & Cumming.

If GWS were given band 2 compensation for both, I don't think anyone would be saying it's a rort.
Accomplishments don't carry much weight, it's length and value of the contract, plus the age of the player that has the biggest impacts.
The biggest issue with compo is comparing it to current salaries rather than next years when the offer is for next year with a larger salary cap.

What kind of dumb campaigner idea is it to compare 2025 salary to 2024 rates? Laura Kane, you've done it again.
secret smell GIF

Désolée there is no such thing as baguette in Australia
There is a way better chance of the Aust Viet communities producing a decent baguette than we have have of trading in high picks and actually being able to select players at that number.

Hi Aints, there's a bit of member kissing coming your way. Be sure o have he pants a ankles in readiness.

The CFL up to their meddling ways again. Does anyone know the names of the clowns are that corrupt the draft year in, year out?

hows the cfl

made sure the battle compo was right before freos 9 and 10 to stifle us

they dont even hide the corruption

Their agenda started against us when a Carlton campaigner was in charge.

Lockett agreed to come to Richmond, met with John Northey and said, I want to be a Tiger, AFL blocked that and said he only goes to Sydney.

Since then, maybe even before, we’ve been hated.

FWIW I expect that we'll see his decision being made across the weekend and Graham likely departs for the Eagles and gets us a band 2/3 pick and we'll then do a pretty simple deal for Baker, which I wouldn't be shocked to see it being their 2024 & 2025 R2 picks.

Round 2 & 3 picks are very underwhelming, I am not expecting the world, it just feels like being short changed.

Round 2 & 3 picks are very underwhelming, I am not expecting the world, it just feels like being short changed.
I'm talking about getting pick 20 (end R1) or 25 (after our R2 pick).

As mentioned the picks that Battle Perryman & Cumming got their clubs were because the club that signed them overpaid in terms of contract value to ensure they get them across. I believe that we asked WCE to hold off on submitting a deal for Graham until we got an idea about what it will take to get us that band 2 or 3 pick and in return we'll do a deal for Baker that gets us fair compensation, but also allows WCE to continue their list build.

Brisbane are in a bit of hurt points wise, I think we should be making a play for not only their 1st rounder this year but also their F1.

The way compo picks gave already pushed all picks down, I think we need to try and clear out as many of our late picks as possible.

If all the trades go through we could still hit the draft with picks 1, 6, 10, 11, 14. Not including Brisbane's pick 20.

I can't see us drafting more than 6 kids so we have a lot of extra picks we need to move on.

No he’s not over the first 5m. Graham needs 20m to reach top speed. By then the horse has bolted.
He does under the unique Louie fitness and conditioning system of keep 'em injured, keep me in gig. As This system is not tin place at many other clubs, it is assumed that Grahams fitness would improve

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure we get their 3 rd 1 picks. Though if we dug our heals right in and gave a later pick back, like our rd 2 pick or f2 pick, you would think we'd be some chance. But another possibility may be give us pick 66 and Freo's F2 along with their 2 earliest picks, or the pick now at 30(likely to slide to around 35.) Or some sort of player who is a realistic chance to step straight into our 22 but is not looking like being a key player for them, a Sturt, Brandon Walker or one of the younger guys if Richmond fancies one of them. If the player doesn't want to come, throw an extra 6 figure sum on his contract to see if that improves his attitude to life.
You can take Will Brodie if you want? Was good enough a couple of years ago? Probably still has plenty to offer.

Sturt and Walker are locks in our Best 22, Walker finished 10th in the BnF and Sturt finished 4th in our goalkicking only playing half the season, just re-signed him too.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Back