List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Do you support the club trading for picks 2 and/or 3?

• Yes Trade for 2 & 3

• Yes But Only For 2 or 3

• No

• Unsure

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

1728031802671.png

Trade & Free Agency Dates

Free Agency Period - Friday October 4th 9am to Friday October 11th 5pm

Trade Period - Monday 7th October 9am to Wednesday October 16th 7.30pm

Richmond have been linked to the following players:
Ben Hobbs
Elijah Tsatas
Jai Culley
Connor Stone
Jacob Konstanty

Last edited:
They won't. They need points this year.

It would be F1 only. Great for Brisbane, nowhere near enough for Richmond. That's why it's not being discussed.

The will need their F1 for points as well. Unless they are trading out players I can’t see them making a move for Lynch.

I think something tricky is happening with Jack Graham. Certainly enough to ensure we get band 2/3 compo, which will be a consideration in any trade with WCE for Baker.

Baker for 14 (from Hawthorn).

Rioli for 6 + 23 hurts, but it's the maximum value we'll get for him at the trade table. We might need to send back a pick in the 40's.

Bolton is they key to another top 5 pick (and enough to give us a shot at 2 of FOS, Lalor and Smith).

Bolton + pick 20 (from Brisbane for our junk picks) for #3. I think that deal could get done.

That gives us 1, 3, 6, 14, 23, 24, 25 as our first seven picks. A very good draft hand that brings in 3 of the top 10 and 7 players inside the top 30 (after father-son, academy selections). Essentially the pick of the mids and then a couple of talls.

Thoughts?

Just get the feeling there’s gonna be some scrambling for points on the day for FS & academy selections which will still put RFC in a strong position….

They won't. They need points this year.

It would be F1 only. Great for Brisbane, nowhere near enough for Richmond. That's why it's not being discussed.
what do you mean no where near enough for RFC??? on what measure no where near enough?

this is what I do not understand, you state Lynch is no where near enough but happy to trade Bolton out for unders, why? If their is a reason fine, but whatever the reason it has nothing to do with footy contribution for the years ahead on the field

My logic in particular is to do with affects to us in terms of winning premierships. Lynch cannot help us win our next premiership unless he plays 36 or later, highly unlikely. Bolton can and because Bolton is younger he holds his value

so how is a F1 not enough for Lynch and pick 3 is not enough for Bolton??

If Lynch goes what am I missing??? he can come back as a future coach if he wants, what the hell am I missing?

Last edited:
I think something tricky is happening with Jack Graham. Certainly enough to ensure we get band 2/3 compo, which will be a consideration in any trade with WCE for Baker.

Rioli for 6 + 23 hurts, but it's the maximum value we'll get for him at the trade table. We might need to send back a pick in the 40's.

Bolton is they key to another top 5 pick (and enough to give us a shot at 2 of FOS, Lalor and Smith).

Bolton + pick 20 (from Brisbane for our junk picks) for #3. I think that deal could get done.

That gives us 1, 3, 6, 14, 23, 24, 25 as our first seven picks. A very good draft hand that brings in 3 of the top 10 and 7 players inside the top 30 (after father-son, academy selections). Essentially the pick of the mids and then a couple of talls.

Thoughts?

Personally I think Rioli is worth 2 firsts if Shai is, so I’d like to see 6+ 23 & F2 from GC. Not sure we’ll get that but it seems GC are determined to get it done pretty sure Cal Twomey mentioned 2 firsts for Shai & Rioli early on.(I may be mistaken though) an indigenous leader may help GC keep more of their indigenous talent as well as brings that great attack off halfback, as well as another avenue to goals?

Just get the feeling there’s gonna be some scrambling for points on the day for FS & academy selections which will still put RFC in a strong position….

Agree, I don't think the pick swaps and upgrading/downgrading happen until on the night.

Likely the reason we haven't made calls on McIntosh etc as we need to carry all junk picks and list spots into the draft for Brisbane and then trade it on the night once Ashcroft bid comes

After bids Freos picks will probably look like 12,13,21.
Hawthorns first will push out too 17.
Gold Coasts will be 7,16,26

12&13 for Bolton is still unders for mine.
7&26 for Rioli is unders.
17 for Baker is probably unders aswell.
If we get band 3 comp for Graham then we’re looking at pick 41 which is pretty average considering.

I would be playing a lot tougher if I was Richmond as we’ve two of these players under contract and are in the drivers seat.

I see so many simple trade scenarios in this thread but given how many picks and players we are managing, you can bet your ass that we will 100% be partaking in our fair share of 3 ways.

Eg. Freo's offer to us, we tell Freo to convince WC or Norf to swap with them instead and get us picks 2 or 3

I'd be keeping an eye on what the Saints and GWS do when it comes to trading up the order. 7 & 8 puts the Saints in a strong position to target either 2 or 3, while GWS could use a combination of their 15, 16 & 21 to target one of the Saints picks, then use that and the left over from 15, 16 & 21 to then target 2 or 3 themselves.

For example:
Saints could very well target pick 2 & 25 from North or pick 3 26 & 32 for picks 7 & 8. Both North & WCE would love to have 2 top 10 picks to target players they need to continue their builds.

GWS could offer 16 & 21 to Saints for pick 8 & 46, then offer 8 15 & 46 for 3 & 26 from WCE or 2 & 25 from North.

Both scenarios are quite possible and makes us trading up for those picks not as simple as it once was.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pick #11 + Baker for pick #3 is the best Eagles will get for #3

#6 + #18 will get pick #2 if we decide thats how we play it

But i would be wanting to hold #6 if we could
#1 , #2 , #3 , #6 , #21 , #22 would be a fantastic result if Blair could get that somehow
draft picks.png

Hypothetically if Brisbane came to us and offered this years first and future first for lynch and only if lynch wanted to go would we take it and we pay his wage next year I say grab it while we can as we all know Lynch won’t be part of our next premiership chase
Don’t like this at all. If they come to us wanting him, why would we pay part of his wage in 2025? IMO, this should only happen when the club is trying to get rid of the player & paying part or all of his wage is a sweetener. Not the case here.

Thoughts?
Other than Baker - they are terrible deals.

I'd be keeping an eye on what the Saints and GWS do when it comes to trading up the order. 7 & 8 puts the Saints in a strong position to target either 2 or 3, while GWS could use a combination of their 15, 16 & 21 to target one of the Saints picks, then use that and the left over from 15, 16 & 21 to then target 2 or 3 themselves.

For example:
Saints could very well target pick 2 & 25 from North or pick 3 26 & 32 for picks 7 & 8. Both North & WCE would love to have 2 top 10 picks to target players they need to continue their builds.

GWS could offer 16 & 21 to Saints for pick 8 & 46, then offer 8 15 & 46 for 3 & 26 from WCE or 2 & 25 from North.

Both scenarios are quite possible and makes us trading up for those picks not as simple as it once was.
You say quite possible and I'd say extremely unrealistic

After bids Freos picks will probably look like 12,13,21.
Hawthorns first will push out too 17.
Gold Coasts will be 7,16,26

12&13 for Bolton is still unders for mine.
7&26 for Rioli is unders.
17 for Baker is probably unders aswell.
If we get band 3 comp for Graham then we’re looking at pick 41 which is pretty average considering.

I would be playing a lot tougher if I was Richmond as we’ve two of these players under contract and are in the drivers seat.

Or we take 7 & 26 for Rioli, do deal with Brisbane that includes their pick 20. We offer 7 & 20 to West Coast for pick 3 ( this gives West Coast and extra pick in the 1st round plus still have a top pick in a deep draft) so basically we end up getting pick 3 for Rioli trade.

Eagles also would be more prepared to give us 17 for Baker if they know they already have an extra pick in the 1st round. 17 for Baker isn't unders.

We could do something similar for Bolton, take picks 11 & 12 ask North if they would trade down pick 2, we could end up with pick 2 for Bolton.

Go to the draft with picks 1,2,3, 17, 24, 32

You say quite possible and I'd say extremely unrealistic
Don't be shocked to see deals along those lines floated and possibly even made over the next week and a half. Saints and Giants will both look to move up to the top 5 to get their hands on the top end talent and they have the draft capital to make it very tempting to the likes of North WCE Crows & Melbourne

Don’t like this at all. If they come to us wanting him, why would we pay part of his wage in 2025? IMO, this should only happen when the club is trying to get rid of the player & paying part or all of his wage is a sweetener. Not the case here.
paying a wage has nothing to do with getting rid of a player.

If you are getting rid of a player say to Lynch we are getting rid of you. Money has nothing to do with it.

However, with Lynch the narrative is bingo, newsflash, Dusty has retired and it ain't happening for us, Lynch could be Buddy Franklin, does not matter, it is not about Lynch it is about RFC currently not in contention, how about Lynch has more opportunity to win more premierships at the Lions??? More success, better life for Lynch, but don't sell your house in Melbourne, you can come back if you only want a short stint in QLD, the world is Lynch's oyster, no one is getting pushed out but it helps RFC and team because we need to hit the draft hard

Bolton, on the other hand could still be around when we play in our next GF

Flog Morris explaining how ladder position is the most important factor in determining a compensation pick.
It's a very good point though. There's outrage when McKay gets pick 3 vs Buddy getting pick 19, but there's a very good reason for it.

FA compo works great as an equalisation measure IF the AFL stops handing out priority picks like lollies.

Not for us it is. As well as our No 1 pick and first pick of the 2nd round and subsequent rounds plus the PSD and rookie drafts we are just lucky that we have players who are leaving who have capitol.

This draft is choc full of talent and we will have the most first-rounders. Players up to 30 in this draft would likely be a first-rounder in any other draft, like 12 to 20.

Why do you think North and the Eagles want to give up picks 2 and 3 as they want multiple first-rounders due to the level of talent on offer. If all else fails we will still have 1, 6, 10, 11, 14, 20, 23, 24

Hopefully we can get our hands on pick 2 or 3 and GC 13 (longshot) which will add to the above picks which will turbo charge our rebuild.

Just on 2021 Gibcus and Brown look like beauties. I rate Judson Clarke and will be a regular. Banks is looking ok and Sonsie im 50/50. If we get 3 out of 5 making it we have done well. Its a numbers game the more high end picks we have the more likely we will nail them.

Gibcus looked very promising but 2 long term full season injuries out of 3 years doesn't scream 200+ game player. Sonsie is going downhill. Banks is so meh and in the worst season in our entire history with all the opportunities he hasn't really done anything, Shifter Sheahan said he's a beautiful user either side by foot but haven't seen it. Judson was in and out of the team mainly playing sub again 2 long term injuries. And Brown dazzles people with a few nice kicks but plods a lot and goes missing and has plenty of opponents torch him.

Gibcus potentially could be a star, potentially could be lost to the game in a couple years. With a full list to choose from (even factoring all our departing players) Sonsie, Banks aren't best 22... arguably Judson isn't either. Best case scenario Gibcus could potentially be a star defender, Brown a competent role player....... by virtue of how disgustingly pathetic our non tall fwds are Judson should get plenty of opportunities when he recovers, whether he can become a good contributor is anyone's guess. Overall not looking like a great haul to get excited about so far.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Back