List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Do you support the club trading for picks 2 and/or 3?

• Yes Trade for 2 & 3

• Yes But Only For 2 or 3

• No

• Unsure

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

1728031802671.png

Trade & Free Agency Dates

Free Agency Period - Friday October 4th 9am to Friday October 11th 5pm

Trade Period - Monday 7th October 9am to Wednesday October 16th 7.30pm

Richmond have been linked to the following players:
Ben Hobbs
Elijah Tsatas
Jai Culley
Connor Stone
Jacob Konstanty

Last edited:
Cornes completely off topic starts ranting about how West Coast should walk Baker through the PSD.

Salty campaigner has never got over Richmond beating Port in his 300th game,
Don't know why people get worked up over this bloke. Offers nothing, just like that dumb campaigner old man of his.

Don't know why people get worked up over this bloke. Offers nothing, just like that dumb campaigner old man of his.
I get more frustrated that other people in the media don't call each other out for that kind of shit. How is this a trade show and no one goes asks "Ok Kane, Richmond have pick one in the preseason draft; please enlighten us as to how West Coast can walk him through there and also hope that North don't go after him?"

Agreed, he's just a human headline / clickbait machine. He actually keeps his employment by people talking about him.

People too dumb not to see that.

RICHMOND​

2024 FINISH: 18TH (2-21)​

DRAFT PICKS: 1, 24, 32, 42, 44, 50, 60, 69, 75
TARGETS: Ben Hobbs
DEPARTING: Dylan Grimes, Dustin Martin, Marlion Pickett, Sam Naismith (retired)
STILL WAITING: Matthew Coulthard, Mate Colina, Thomson Dow, Kamdyn McIntosh, James Trezise
HOW THE DEALS GET DONE: Itā€™s a fire sale at Richmond. Liam Baker, Daniel Rioli and Shai Bolton want out. Does this work? Baker to West Coast for pick 14 (secured from Hawthorn in the Tom Barrass trade), Rioli and a sweetener to Gold Coast for pick 6 and Bolton to Fremantle for picks 10 and 18. Thatā€™s good business for the Tigers. Jack Graham looks set to depart for West Coast as a free agent. The Tigers have reportedly shown interest in Hobbs and need some ready-made players to avoid being horrendously bad in 2025.
TEAM NEEDS: Picks, picks and more picks. The Tigers know where they are and they need star-level teenagers. Some AFL standard players would help take the pressure off the kids, and they would need those players right across the field.
WHY NOT: Someone like Essendonā€™s Will Setterfield would help take the heat off the young midfielders and would be a solid citizen for young Tigers to learn off.
where is this from?

Tresize contracted.

TARGETS: Hobbs? choking on me metamusil

NEEDS: Some AFL_ EFC standard players? EFC depth players >> Hopper, Tarranto, Prestia, Ross, MRJ.

WHY NOT: Setterfield & Hobbs already. Why not Tsatsas too to confirm some rumour sometime. just to have a huge trifecta win vs essadon.

Will Setterfield would help take the heat off the young midfielders and would be a solid citizen for young Tigers to learn off.

Hopper, Tarranto, Prestia, Ross, MRJ ... are the AFL mids to take pressure off our high draft kids.

Problem with bringing in depth players...its going to be a 3 year contract minimum. Like Kosi.

Last edited:
I'm tipping (excluding the Graham move), that we get the Shai Bolton deal done first and likely this week.
Mainly because I think we need to get that trade done early so we can start tabling offers for pick 2 and/or 3.
I feel like Freo are resigned to the fact that they need to give up 10 and 11.

The Rioli deal will likely be next and my guess is it will be 6 and 23 for Rioli, 42 and 44. I thought we would be in for pick 13 but that pick has turned into hot property and Gold Coast will be able to leverage a better deal elsewhere.

There won't be a rush on the Baker trade and I think that one gets done on the last day of trade as we will likely be trying to extract pick 3 from West Coast as part of the deal. By that stage we will have 6, 10 and 11 plus our first pick in the second round.
Might be a booty hole clencher that trade.

Maybe we can trade pick 14 we get for Baker and send it to Collingwood or Carlton for their Future first? I'd probably go Collingwood considering they have more chance of their mid 30 year olds getting injured and derailing their season.

Then we can death ride someone next year knowing we will have 2 first rounders in 2025.
No way we deal with carlton.14 more than likely turn into 15+ next year.
Pies-yes
Cats-Yes

As they're taking first round picks for these kids they can simply continue to trade out the following years R1 pick for picks in the current draft. I've mentioned a couple of times that it's possibly don't trade their R1 pick this year and instead offer up their 2025 pick to get the points they need this year
No one wants to trade out of this year's draft. I doubt they'd get a first-rounder for their future first. So their first pick and more would be swallowed up in an Ashcroft bid.

Target the Lions 2025 R1 pick instead of this year. Very hard to go back to back so the pick could be better than this years.
Even if it's better it'll be worse.

RICHMOND​

2024 FINISH: 18TH (2-21)​

DRAFT PICKS: 1, 24, 32, 42, 44, 50, 60, 69, 75
TARGETS: Ben Hobbs
DEPARTING: Dylan Grimes, Dustin Martin, Marlion Pickett, Sam Naismith (retired)
STILL WAITING: Matthew Coulthard, Mate Colina, Thomson Dow, Kamdyn McIntosh, James Trezise
HOW THE DEALS GET DONE: Itā€™s a fire sale at Richmond. Liam Baker, Daniel Rioli and Shai Bolton want out. Does this work? Baker to West Coast for pick 14 (secured from Hawthorn in the Tom Barrass trade), Rioli and a sweetener to Gold Coast for pick 6 and Bolton to Fremantle for picks 10 and 18. Thatā€™s good business for the Tigers. Jack Graham looks set to depart for West Coast as a free agent. The Tigers have reportedly shown interest in Hobbs and need some ready-made players to avoid being horrendously bad in 2025.
TEAM NEEDS: Picks, picks and more picks. The Tigers know where they are and they need star-level teenagers. Some AFL standard players would help take the pressure off the kids, and they would need those players right across the field.
WHY NOT: Someone like Essendonā€™s Will Setterfield would help take the heat off the young midfielders and would be a solid citizen for young Tigers to learn off.
Jesus Christ. Who wrote that ****ing garbage?

People need to get pick #13 out of their heads as its not going to happen
GC needs 1st round picks next year for 4 academy kids that all are looking like 1st rounders this year and they are the priority for them long term.

Rioli is for now and they are happy to pay full value #6 and in this draft it certainly is full value for a contracted Daniel Rioli
The only thing we may get extra would be #20 or #26 with a later pick going back

Ill take that
This is what I don't get. We don't want fair/full value (for the 500th time) We want overs, well overs. The club has made that very clear.

If it was to be be 20 on top of 6 then I wouldn't be giving anything back below 40. Even then I'm not sure that will cut it.

Apart from demanding 'extraordinary deals' people underrate what a player like Dan would bring to a club like Gold Coast.

Standards, attitude and what it takes to reach the top. Something that stacks of people here don't see or rate but Hardwick clearly does.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

where is this from?

Tresize contracted.

NEEDS: Some AFL_ EFC standard players? EFC depth players >> Hopper, Tarranto, Prestia, Ross, MRJ.

WHY NOT: Setterfield & Hobbs already. Why not Tsatsas too to confirm some rumour sometime. just to have a huge trifecta win vs essadon.

Will Setterfield would help take the heat off the young midfielders and would be a solid citizen for young Tigers to learn off.

Hopper, Tarranto, Prestia, Ross, MRJ ... are the AFL mids to take pressure off our high draft kids.

Problem with bringing in depth players...its going to be a 3 year contract minimum. Like Kosi.
Hilarious...

Hobbs, Setterfield and Tsatas...

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/dOl2LFw0RbTMc" width="480" height="442" style="" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="">via GIPHY</a></p>

Draft picks would perform better....

where is this from?

Tresize contracted.

Josh Barnes, Lachlan McKirdy, Simeon Thomas-Wilson, Callum Dick, Eliza Reilly and Mark Duffield@H/sun

Forget about storing picks up for next years draft... particularly beyond round 1. There is a reason why everyone is desperate to get picks in the top 30 this year. We should be ALL IN on using every pick we possibly can get - our first 5 picks might be the equivalent to Pick 1 next year in talent.

And there is every chance we lose more experience next year.

Finally... we should not be entering any discussion with other clubs for trading up to picks 2 & 3. Let them throw the world at us... l'd prefer to keep 6 picks inside 20-odd than drop down to 5, just to get pick 2 or 3. There's reports FOS could drift as low as 6-7 spots, we'll always get the drifters.

I'm tipping (excluding the Graham move), that we get the Shai Bolton deal done first and likely this week.
Mainly because I think we need to get that trade done early so we can start tabling offers for pick 2 and/or 3.

The Rioli deal will likely be next and my guess is it will be 6 and 23 for Rioli, 42 and 44. I thought we would be in for pick 13 but that pick has turned into hot property and Gold Coast will be able to leverage a better deal elsewhere.

There won't be a rush on the Baker trade and I think that one gets done on the last day of trade as we will likely be trying to extract pick 3 from West Coast as part of the deal. By that stage we will have 6, 10 and 11 plus our first pick in the second round.
Get a couple deals done early so we can enter the Houston/Smith deals.

Pick swaps can happen after the trade period. Shouldn't be rushed and accepts unders.

Freak and I will be pissed if we dont take him
A taller version of Tex Walker, dominated the Colts as he's a fair unit, but has a lot of skill. I'm sure our scouts are all over him.

Wouldn't mind reaching with 14 if that's what we get for Baker, there might be some good players on the board still, but this guy could be the best Fwd/Ruck in this draft.

Yeah I think Pies are in the box seat for GC's pick 13 and for Houston.

They're gonna give away their 2025 1st rounder and maybe a sweenter + Noble
Then give Joe Richards + pick 13 and maybe another sweetener for Houston

Pick swaps can happen after the trade period. Shouldn't be rushed and accepts unders.
I feel like it's easier to leverage a club and try to pressure a result during the trade period. Having Baker as a negotiation chip is handy.
As the draft draws closer, the harder it will be to extract a top pick like 2 or 3 as clubs will have players that they eventually commit to taking.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Back