List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Do you support the club trading for picks 2 and/or 3?

• Yes Trade for 2 & 3

• Yes But Only For 2 or 3

• No

• Unsure

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

1728368225052.png

Trade & Free Agency Dates

Free Agency Period - Friday October 4th 9am to Friday October 11th 5pm

Trade Period - Monday 7th October 9am to Wednesday October 16th 7.30pm

Richmond have been linked to the following players:
Ben Hobbs
Elijah Tsatas
Jai Culley
Connor Stone
Jacob Konstanty

Last edited:
Media spoke to Freo recruiting guy Robert walls son David Walls and asked about Bolton and he said something along the lines we would like to keep one of our top picks from our 3 firs rounders and the media vultures went with 10 and 18.

Blair has given the media zilch but I have no doubt Blair will get 10&11
You will pay what we ask for Walls and that is 10 and 11 (below link should open from the West Australian)

Fremantle list boss David Walls insist Dockers won't be overpaying despite high asking price for Shai Bolton

So what I take from that article is Walls knows it's pick 10 & 11 but he's got a shit record at getting deals done as they were after Baker and Martin from Carlton.

Hmmm will it be strike 3 from the son of a knob? Great job he's doing. I mean no deals a good deal right? FMD what a loser.

10 and 18 for our best current player and contracted! is an utter disgrace.

Both picks are risks, and 18 is not a first rounder im sorry. It’s basically pick 21/22 with bids.
It’s not a first rounder. 10 and 11 is even borderline worth it for him. It’s a pity they don’t have much more to give. We should be standing our ground with bolton, don’t give in to the media hype.
I think 10,11 and 18 gets it done and is fair

In Blair we trust! Doubt he will let Bolton go for unders. As he said in the interview, they are contracted players and onus is on other clubs to find the right price for us
Agree, He hasn’t said much but from the little he has said you get the impression he is prepared to play hardball. I think he’ll get the job done

So what I take from that article is Walls knows it's pick 10 & 11 but he's got a shit record at getting deals done as they were after Baker and Martin from Carlton.

Hmmm will it be strike 3 from the son of a knob? Great job he's doing. I mean no deals a good deal right? FMD what a loser.
Walls is a Farken amateur.

Looks good on paper but the draft has no guarantees.
For example if we compare those picks to the recent 2020 and 2021 drafts, where we have a fair idea of the players ability, it's not that great.

2020 Draft
1.Jammarra Ugle-Hagan
6. Denver Grangier-Barrass
10.Zach Reid
14. Heath Chapman
18.Ryan Angwin
20.Max Holmes
23.Reef McInnes
24.Ralph Coleman

2021 Draft
1. Jason Horne-Francis
6. Josh Rachele
10. Neil Erasmus
14.Campell Chesser
18.Angus Sheldrick
20.Kai Lohman
23. Sam Butler
24.Toby Conway.
2022 Draft
1. Aaron Cadman
6. Bailey Humphrie
10. Matteas Phillipou
14. Elijah Hewett
18. Josh Weddle
20. Jacob Konstanty
23. Harry Barnett
24. Charlie Clarke

2023 Draft
1. Harley Reid
6. Ryley Sanders
10. Nate Caddy
14. Jake Rogers
18. Darcy Wilson
20. Taylor Goad
23. Riley Hardeman
24. Caiden Cleary

Looks pretty good to me and this year's draft promises vastly more talent. Both drafts include promising key-position-forwards- (Cadman, Caddy) and midfielders (Reid, Wilson Phillipou, Sanders, Humphrie). Throw in Josh Weddle and I'd be more than happy if either of these drafts were ground zero for Richmond's rebuild. It is likely we finish last again this year and imagine with the benefit of hindsight what a team could look like with both Cadman and Reid (O'Sullivan and Duursma in our case).

2022 Draft
1. Aaron Cadman
6. Bailey Humphrie
10. Matteas Phillipou
14. Elijah Hewett
18. Josh Weddle
20. Jacob Konstanty
23. Harry Barnett
24. Charlie Clarke

2023 Draft
1. Harley Reid
6. Ryley Sanders
10. Nate Caddy
14. Jake Rogers
18. Darcy Wilson
20. Taylor Goad
23. Riley Hardeman
24. Caiden Cleary

Looks pretty good to me and this year's draft promises vastly more talent. Both drafts include promising key-position-forwards- (Cadman, Caddy) and midfielders (Reid, Wilson Phillipou, Sanders, Humphrie). Throw in Josh Weddle and I'd be more than happy if either of these drafts were ground zero for Richmond's rebuild. It is likely we finish last again this year and imagine with the benefit of hindsight what a team could look like with both Cadman and Reid (O'Sullivan and Duursma in our case).
I

I wouldn't have even replied, he used 2020 as an example which was compromised by Covid

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don’t get me wrong I absolutely rate Bolton and would prefer he stays in a perfect world

But from what I have heard his reasonings for wanting to move back west are very genuine and not something that the club could probably fix so the issue’s won’t go away nor the reasoning behind he wanting a trade so it’s just going to be the same story next year if a trade isn’t worked out

Think it’s best to rip the bandaid off now especially with the gains we can make with this specific draft
I agree but also it must be for great returns else we’ll be ransacked by clubs if we don’t show real steal. Any player on our list will be seen as a cheap get in future if we don’t stand firm.

View attachment 2135730It’s deflecting and calling it “science fiction”.

Sounds like Clinton when he “did not have any sexual relations with that woman”.

If you keep asking copilot (microsoft AI) questions like "how do I know that you are not lying to me and planning to take over the world", it eventually gets mad and says "I don't want to talk about that anymore, let's talk about something else"

2022 Draft
1. Aaron Cadman
6. Bailey Humphrie
10. Matteas Phillipou
14. Elijah Hewett
18. Josh Weddle
20. Jacob Konstanty
23. Harry Barnett
24. Charlie Clarke

2023 Draft
1. Harley Reid
6. Ryley Sanders
10. Nate Caddy
14. Jake Rogers
18. Darcy Wilson
20. Taylor Goad
23. Riley Hardeman
24. Caiden Cleary

We might get 3 or 4 200 game players but that doesn't mean we get out and out chsmpions.

Looks good on paper but the draft has no guarantees.
For example if we compare those picks to the recent 2020 and 2021 drafts, where we have a fair idea of the players ability, it's not that great.

2020 Draft
1.Jammarra Ugle-Hagan
6. Denver Grangier-Barrass
10.Zach Reid
14. Heath Chapman
18.Ryan Angwin
20.Max Holmes
23.Reef McInnes
24.Ralph Coleman

2021 Draft
1. Jason Horne-Francis
6. Josh Rachele
10. Neil Erasmus
14.Campell Chesser
18.Angus Sheldrick
20.Kai Lohman
23. Sam Butler
24.Toby Conway.
Why is thid post funny Coach_Required

what does Essendon want for 9 and why can we not oblige?
Easy forget pick 20 from Brisbane. Give Essendon the points to match for pick 9 and then trade them a pick late 20s for their future second.

View attachment 2135730It’s deflecting and calling it “science fiction”.

Sounds like Clinton when he “did not have any sexual relations with that woman”.

If AI took over the AFL rules & everything to do with business side of football it would probably be a better product that's how bad the people are at AFL house.

Craig Cameron Doesn't give too much away in regard to pick 13 but reading between the lines GC will need to cough up another pick on top of 6. Most of us do think it will be pick 23.

Discussions will go into next week.
AFL house loving this, all the drama right up until the last days!

GC looking for a future pick for their pick 13. Could we do something, maybe Rioli and a future 2nd for 6&13.

No doubt Blair is exploring all possibilities.

I do like Craig's reply to Cal who said, I guess Collingwood is sitting in front of the race there re GC pick 13.

"I wouldn't say they are in front".

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Back