List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Do you support the club trading for picks 2 and/or 3?

• Yes Trade for 2 & 3

• Yes But Only For 2 or 3

• No

• Unsure

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

1728368225052.png

Trade & Free Agency Dates

Free Agency Period - Friday October 4th 9am to Friday October 11th 5pm

Trade Period - Monday 7th October 9am to Wednesday October 16th 7.30pm

Richmond have been linked to the following players:
Ben Hobbs
Elijah Tsatas
Jai Culley
Connor Stone
Jacob Konstanty

Last edited:
both gc and freo will panick at the end

rfc will not as we have no problem keeping them both. blair will
be as cool as a cucumber in the last minute of trade period

pay up or suck eggs for years, simple

i can't understand people saying "trade into next year". Unless you're targeting a player it makes absolutely no sense. We have an all time draft crop and they're saying guys going at 25 could easily be top 10 in other years. It also means you push back the list development 12 months.

Use the every pick possible while the high end quality is there. You would only trade back your picks north of 30 for future trades scenarios and points. If they are being used why use them in 12 months and just make the list younger next year when it didn't neee to be.

There’s little doubt we will turn at least one of our 20’s picks into a F1. And I think another will slide to collect another couple of 2nds and 3rds, as we did last year going from 35 to 40 and picking up a 2nd and 3rd in the process.

In fact I think it’s very realistic we turn a late teens or early 20’s pick into a couple of future seconds by sliding, then trade a mid-20’s pick for a F1 from a top team.

So pick 18 or 20 turns into a F1 and 2 x F2’s.

This is why Blair isn’t doing interviews … he’s setting up his chessboard while other list managers are playing checkers.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

So are people wanting more than pick 6 for Rioli? I think that’s good on its own tbh.

We’ll be getting Jagga/Lalor with that pick.

GC can’t use their picks after pick 6 because they’ll get chewed up by the Lombard bid. He didn’t do them any favours at the combine either as he dominated the sprint and agility tests. He probably goes top 10, possibly even top 5.

The reason why we should be trying to get more is because we have points, and the ability to help GC get future picks.

Brisbane would take pick 29 and 32 for a future first. We can then give GC later picks with as many points or more than pick 29. That means they get the future first they are after + the points they need for Lombard.

In this situation we take pick 13. In the situation we don’t get pick 13 we’d be offering a couple of late picks back if they include pick 23.

The problem is Collingwood have tried to dazzle them with their future first. Collingwood also have picks 36, 52 and 55 so can give them back points. I read Collingwood asked for picks 13, 23 and 29. My guess is they will try to package up 29 and 36 for Brisbanes future first to replace their own or pick 20. They will probably hand GC picks 52 and 55 for points, maybe even Ports pick 39/58 which I imagine they will try to acquire when they get Houston. They will use picks 13 and 23 for Houston.

Basically Collingwood could turn their shitty draft hand and Noble into Houston. And depending on where they and Brisbane finish next year might actually end up with a better first, or they’ll do better with pick 20 this year.

The only thing standing in the way of this deal is us and Rioli.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So are people wanting more than pick 6 for Rioli? I think that’s good on its own tbh.

We’ll be getting Jagga/Lalor with that pick.
Agreed. Pick 6 is a very good player in this draft, not much difference between 1 and 6 or 7. We paid 6 for Prestia who is frankly a better player and 3 years younger when we got him. And folk on here whinged about that.

But we have the whip hand, no we don't. Rioli and Bolton both want to leave, do we want players staying because they we wouldn't let them go. You go your hardest, ask for more, but if 6 is what it takes, you have to be happy with that.

Pick 11 will be actual pick 13 at the draft. North should improve a fair bit next year but you would have to take their f1 over 13 at this draft. North's f1 is still likely to be a top 6-8 pick on draft night, even if they improve sharply.
I'd still take 11 in a super draft, get the kid in and get 12 months development into him. Plus it could also be used to move up the order this year.

I didn't listen, any chance of a summary?
They're going through all the players up for trade this year and Cal essentially said "Freo have offered 10 and 18, Richmond want 10 and 11 so there will be a bit of back and forth but I think it gets done".

why do freo have a problem they are a supposedly in the finals window and dont want to give up 6 spots in the draft to get bolton. peter bell doesnt operate smoothly , maybe he needs to be moved on

its now or never campaigners

Pick 11 will be actual pick 13 at the draft. North should improve a fair bit next year but you would have to take their f1 over 13 at this draft. North's f1 is still likely to be a top 6-8 pick on draft night, even if they improve sharply.

I can think of names available I’d really want at 13. Although if Gold Coast gave us pick 6 + 13 and their future first in exchange for Rioli and Norfs future first, I’m in.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Back