List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Do you support the club trading for picks 2 and/or 3?

• Yes Trade for 2 & 3

• Yes But Only For 2 or 3

• No

• Unsure

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

1728368225052.png

Trade & Free Agency Dates

Free Agency Period - Friday October 4th 9am to Friday October 11th 5pm

Trade Period - Monday 7th October 9am to Wednesday October 16th 7.30pm

Richmond have been linked to the following players:
Ben Hobbs
Elijah Tsatas
Jai Culley
Connor Stone
Jacob Konstanty

Last edited:
Twomey seems to think 10 and 18 will get it done....
I can see this happening if there are other pick upgrades etc added that we deem to make up the difference between 11 and 18.

Not sure what that would be exactly. Swapping Freos future first for a pick in the 30s from us this year perhaps?

10 + 18 + Freo 1st (2025)
for
Bolton + 32

I can see this happening if there are other pick upgrades etc added that we deem to make up the difference between 11 and 18.

Not sure what that would be exactly. Swapping Freos future first for a pick in the 30s from us this year perhaps?

for
Bolton + 32
Freo will need their F1 for any possible warner trade. So they wont do that deal.

People undervalue Rioli because he won the B&F in a year where we were wooden spooners. Who was top 5 in B&F in 2023? Who was runner up in B&F in 2022 behind Lynchy??

RIOLI

Kevin Hart No GIF by Kevin Hart's Laugh Out Loud

PAY UP. HOUSTON ISN'T THAT GOOD. HOW MANY PREMIERSHIPS DOES HOUSTON HAVE?

for
Bolton + 32
They won't give up future picks as they'll need them if Warner leaves next year...

Freo will need their F1 for any possible warner trade. So they wont do that deal.

Freo want picks next year, and maybe $ as well, for Warner.

They are after 2 A grade players and have a lot of draft capital. But you need a lot of draft capital for one A grader, much less 2.

Next year they can trade out 2 future firsts for Warner. But still need to take 2 firsts over 4 years. So it is all doable. But their ambition is HUGE. Good on them.

But give us the picks we want first.

People undervalue Rioli because he won the B&F in a year where we were wooden spooners. Who was top 5 in B&F in 2023? Who was runner up in B&F in 2022 behind Lynchy??

RIOLI

Kevin Hart No GIF by Kevin Hart's Laugh Out Loud's Laugh Out Loud

PAY UP. HOUSTON ISN'T THAT GOOD. HOW MANY PREMIERSHIPS DOES HOUSTON HAVE?
Interesting they left out the possibility we would cover a portion of Rioli's salary which would justify 6 + more.....

Geez this is boring I want something to happen, anything, doesn’t even have to be Richmond involved.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Blair has salary up his sleeve. Make no mistake, paying a portion of Rioli and Bolton salaries will be tabled if it means locking in better draft picks… it’s a no-brainer.

As I’ve said, it’s then a really ‘easy sell’ for Freo and GC to their fans and will make them feel they’ve got a great deal even though they’ve paid overs in draft collateral….:

“Sure, we gave significant overs when looking purely at draft picks, but Richmond paying a portion of their salary means we can retain our current playing list and attract talent in future years”.

It’s not a card Blair will have played yet … but it’ll come out if Freo stalls on picks 10 and 11.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Freo want picks next year, and maybe $ as well, for Warner.

They are after 2 A grade players and have a lot of draft capital. But you need a lot of draft capital for one A grader, much less 2.

Next year they can trade out 2 future firsts for Warner. But still need to take 2 firsts over 4 years. So it is all doable. But their ambition is HUGE. Good on them.

But give us the picks we want first.
they should give up on Bolton and go full bore for Chad Warner. after all Chad was instrumental in this years granny .. o wait he shat his dacks and did sfa go nuts Freo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They really need to cut the FA to 2 days and Trade period to 3 days. This is complete horse 💩. We've already had a month of dialogue with Freo, Gold Coast and WCE. They can always make it start on a Tuesday and the last day the next Monday so teams have the weekend to finalise things and the the media something to write about. This is painful. A part from porkie Graham the FA were sorted quickly and now the whole trades has just stagnated. The teams would get it done in lesser time easily. The AFL think they're cornering the fans attention but reality is its boring as bat 💩 and we're balls deep in it and reality is you can switch off for 2 days and nothing's progressed. I'm over it.

With silvagni running the show they will still stuff their picks up
Given the Saints history with drafting, SOS is a natural fit.
Cornes seemed chuffed when he thought we were getting fleeced for Hopper and Taranto. Now that he thinks we’re the ones doing the fleecing, he wants “outcry” from the AFL world.

Bottom feeder.
He also regularly (one of his hobby horses) berates clubs for giving in to players and being too accommodating. When we stand up to a couple of guys with 3 and 4 years still on their contracts he whinges.

Sometimes luck can play a part in what picks you get in return as if the player chooses a club up
the top of the ladder their picks aren’t as high.

When Ottens left , the Cats could only muster up 12 & 16 even though he was worth way more.

Freo & Gold Coast have the adequate picks that justify Bolton & Rioli’s worth.

So pay up , we don’t care if it’s a strong draft , you chased them , got them to commit , now pay up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

for
Bolton + 32
They won't give up any future picks. They have some deluded view that they are a chance of getting Warner.

They really need to cut the FA to 2 days and Trade period to 3 days. This is complete horse 💩. We've already had a month of dialogue with Freo, Gold Coast and WCE. They can always make it start on a Tuesday and the last day the next Monday so teams have the weekend to finalise things and the the media something to write about. This is painful. A part from porkie Graham the FA were sorted quickly and now the whole trades has just stagnated. The teams would get it done in lesser time easily. The AFL think they're cornering the fans attention but reality is its boring as bat 💩 and we're balls deep in it and reality is you can switch off for 2 days and nothing's progressed. I'm over it.
Tom Morris said one team told him we know what will get a deal done and same with the other team but we won't do the deal because we have time to force them to pay more 😂😂😂

The way I see it is

GC want to play tough we’ll bid on Lombard straight after we bid on Ashcroft. Lombard could end up being the best player in the draft with his elite speed and agility.

Brisbane don’t let us facilitate the trades of their first and F1, we’ll bid on Ashcroft pick 1.

Fremantle don’t want to come to the party we’ll draft Bo Allan or find a way to trade pick 10 to WC so they get him first.

WC don’t want to come to the party… we won’t trade Baker and we’ll re-draft him.
That’s exactly what we should do , stop being walked over, what are the kids gonna do say I’m not going?they are ours for three years

The interesting thing about the Rioli trade is that Gold Coast have an academy pick set to go Top 10, so Pick 6 is worth less to them. They can trade it for Rioli and still end up with a "Pick 6" worthy player. Most of the talk is about how stupid the Suns are (which is fair) and nothing about how Pick 6 isn't worth as much to them as other people think.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Back