List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Do you support the club trading for picks 2 and/or 3?

• Yes Trade for 2 & 3

• Yes But Only For 2 or 3

• No

• Unsure

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

1728368225052.png

Trade & Free Agency Dates

Free Agency Period - Friday October 4th 9am to Friday October 11th 5pm

Trade Period - Monday 7th October 9am to Wednesday October 16th 7.30pm

Richmond have been linked to the following players:
Elijah Tsatas
Jai Culley
Jacob Konstanty

Last edited:

what did he say, dont hold out on us now
Justified Richmonds stance on opening trade discussions with GC for Pick 6 & 13.

• Suns were into him most of the year
  • In his Prime
  • Suns need ready now players and Rioli is perfect, win now or risk losing their current key players (King ,Rowell etc)
  • He hasnt got just 1 yr on his contract, he still has 3.....

Did said 6 & 13 probably a reach, but 6 + just like where its heading - both teams waiting on other deals to drop.

The pile on continues:

No other team cops the ire of media like us. Why the actual **** does this happen? Geelong gets praised for basically being corrupt and doing insanely beneficial deals, but we line up a fair trade or two and the whole world is imploding?

Also ffs Gold Coast bloody initiated this, he wasn’t leaving otherwise!!!!!

Cats were "deep in September" the 2 years before Cameraman arrived, including the Grand Final the very year before he arrived, and clearly the second best team in 2019.

In fact, they went:

2016 - PF
2017 - PF
2018 - EF
2019 - PF
2020 - GF

Cameron arrives

2021 - PF
2022 - GF(Premier)
2023 - 11th
2024 - PF

Average finishing position for 5 years before Cameron arrived: 3.6th

Average finishing position since Cameron arrived: 4.5th

So we could as easily say Tyson Stengle has made the difference by your reasoning. Or the removal of a dynasty team from their finals opponents made the difference. Except the difference is they have finished lower on average in 4 years since Cameron arrived then they did in the 5 years prior to his arrival.

Bolton has proven he can play in a multiple flag team. He has proven he can be a material difference in whether his team wins a flag or not IN BIG GAMES. He has been AA selected, the highest rated forward in the AFL, and top 15 in coaches votes in a season.

If Cameron was somehow on a massively different level to Bolton, then all these things would not be true:

• Bolton is getting paid more
  • Bolton has been a higher rated player
  • Bolton has played in more flags and been critical to at least one flag
  • Bolton is about to be traded for more than Cameron was traded for.
  • Cameron's team has a lower average finishing position in the 4 years since he arrived than they did in the 5 years prior, and by a clear margin.

A lot of people think Cameron is some sort of unarguably absolute top level player, and Bolton picks and chooses when he performs, but is somehow disappointing. Cameron is a massive bootfiller v weak teams. Bolton has been a serious hinge factor in a flag winning finals campaign, at 21 years of age.

Bolton didn't have a great year in 2024, but seriously, how would Jeremy Cameron have gone playing forward for Richmond in 2024?

don't know how accurate but Sportsbet

Jeremy Cameron (Geelong Cats) - $1.05 million

A truly elite goalkicker for first Greater Western Sydney and now Geelong, Jeremy Cameron exploits in front of goal have ensured he takes home quite the pay packet.

Allegedly he had to take a pay cut when he moved from GWS to Geelong in 2021, but it can’t have been too much as he still takes home over a cool $1 million every 12 months.

Shai Bolton (Richmond Tigers) – $1 million – $1.1 million

Shai Bolton is a midfielder and forward for the Richmond Tigers. He debuted for Richmond in Round 9, 2017, against Greater Western Sydney.

Initially playing as a small forward, his role shifted over the seasons to the midfield. His speed and evasiveness made him a promising player, but he wasn't as consistent as he could be.

His breakout season was in 2020, playing a key role in Richmond's premiership-winning campaign. He's the only player of Aboriginal descent among the top earners.

End of the day 176cm Bolton's a small forward. TBH Cameron at Richmond this year .... vs Suns 60 inside 50s for 10 goals.
Cameron instantly improve us.
We needed better replacement for Riewoldt.

Last edited:
OMFG ….just listening to Cornes and when assessing the Bolton offer of 10 & 18 he actually added up the points and said that’s the equivalent of around pick 2-3 … and said, ‘How’s that not fair?’.

I thought I’d enjoy trade period but the lack of expertise is infuriating.

So if we were offered 4 x picks from 35-50 for Rioli we should take it because they add up to pick-10 in points ..??

It’s genuinely bemusing how supposed experts on trade radio can be so dumb in this space.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

He read the Sun piece

Shouldn’t have too. If you’re a halfway competent football journalist you should have seen this coming the minute they all started linking Rioli to the suns. Plenty on here made the link.

Draft Points for high picks is standard trading strategy for at least 7 seasons.

We have draft points and Rioli and want high picks, GC has high picks and need draft points and want Rioli. It’s ****ing 2+2 not calculus.

don't know how accurate but Sportsbet

Jeremy Cameron (Geelong Cats) - $1.05 million​

A truly elite goalkicker for first Greater Western Sydney and now Geelong, Jeremy Cameron exploits in front of goal have ensured he takes home quite the pay packet.

Allegedly he had to take a pay cut when he moved from GWS to Geelong in 2021, but it can’t have been too much as he still takes home over a cool $1 million every 12 months.

Shai Bolton (Richmond Tigers) – $1 million – $1.1 million​

Shai Bolton is a midfielder and forward for the Richmond Tigers. He debuted for Richmond in Round 9, 2017, against Greater Western Sydney.

Initially playing as a small forward, his role shifted over the seasons to the midfield. His speed and evasiveness made him a promising player, but he wasn't as consistent as he could be.

His breakout season was in 2020, playing a key role in Richmond's premiership-winning campaign. He's the only player of Aboriginal descent among the top earners.

End of the day Bolton's a small forward. TBH Cameron at Richmond this year .... vs Suns 60 inside 50s for 10 goals. Cameron instantly improve us.

Cameron is a glorified receiver TTT. Very good at what he does, but he is not turning a weak team into a competitive team. He relies heavily on the team getting him into positions where he can receive uncontested ball. That's useless in big finals, which is why he averages 2.3 goals + assists per game in PF and GF's, despite his team setting up to get the ball to him in any uncontested situaton they can(definitely not the case with Bolton and Richmond.)

Last edited:
OMFG ….just listening to Cornes and when assessing the Bolton offer of 10 & 18 he actually added up the points and said that’s the equivalent of around pick 2-3 … and said, ‘How’s that not fair?’.

So if we were offered 4 x picks from 35-50 for Rioli we should take it because they add up to pick-10 in points ..??

It’s genuinely bemusing how supposed experts on trade radio can be so dumb in this space.

The whole points thing is an abomination, I hate it when people bring it up on this forum too, you can literally manipulate it any way you want depending on the argument you're trying to make.

I know it's romantic and stuff but I'd be in favour of just scrapping the Father-Son and Academy picks all together. More trouble than its worth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shouldn’t have too. If you’re a halfway competent football journalist you should have seen this coming the minute they all started linking Rioli to the suns. Plenty on here made the link.

Draft Points for high picks is standard trading strategy for at least 7 seasons.

We have draft points and Rioli and want high picks, GC has high picks and need draft points and want Rioli. It’s ****ing 2+2 not calculus.
Yeah reporting it as 6 + 13 for Rioli straight out was surely wrong.
6 & 13 for Rioli & points that are damn close to 13, or possibly include F2/3, doesn’t make for a sexy tweet

Perf knows Trade Period finishes next Wednesday.... right?

They aren't handling the fact we control these trades with Bolton and also Rioli are they - Bakes a different story to an extent but reckon that is done and waiting for Barass deal.

I love it - we can ask what we want - might not get it, but that is actually how most deals begin - offer, counter offer etc

It's amazing though all things considered how many WA trade experts are on Bigfooty and the media though .... i never knew ....

The guy is dumb as dogshit to start with despite his nerdy glasses and then he has no idea how the system works despite how much we’ve been ripped off

Not sure how much you can attribute to his lack of IQ or how much he hates Richmond. Maybe it’s both
Alot of hate amongst the media of the Tiges.
Grudge because we wouldn't let them near Dusty.

The pile on continues:

I'm not sure why they are all still melting, we asked for 6 & 13 and Gold coast said no.

Are they melting and wanting the AFL to block something that isn't even real? Or they talking about wanting the AFL to block pick 6?

Getting sick of hearing negative feedback on Richmond every damn year. We cant do anything right, when we win they want to bring us down, when we lose they want to kick us while we are down.

Trying to ignore it but it's getting difficult not to bite, AFL to block a player swap for picks would have to be a first ever. The AFL let Suns give up a top pick for nothing, yet this one it's all outrage on a very good player.

Really starting to hate this sport.

It really is starting to piss me off, I even heard this morning on radio that GWS should be making a play for Brisbane's pick 20 to stop Richmond getting it.

He's one of the more reasonable ones. Seems much more tolerable since he returned from his forced hiatus.
Would be even more tolerable if could just get one go at this.

Ultimate Warrior Wrestling GIF by WWE

The whole points thing is an abomination, I hate it when people bring it up on this forum too, you can literally manipulate it any way you want depending on the argument you're trying to make.

I know it's romantic and stuff but I'd be in favour of just scrapping the Father-Son and Academy picks all together. More trouble than its worth.

Yeah the points thing is so dumb. Say you have three absolute Dusty level talents and then from 4-30 they are all looking pretty average, does any team really go "Oh wow, you have offered us 10-20, all expected to be duds, sure take our pick one and get Harlstin Cotchin into your club"

Pricks.

We might if 13 is still on the table, although they'll probably push that to next year but 23 is certainly available
Looking back i admit 6 & 13 was abit ambitious.
6 & 23 seems about right.
Then on trade 23 for 10 & 11 from Freo.
Freo then can trade 23 for a f1.
Then offer 2 teen picks too ess for pick 9.
1/6/9/10/11

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Back