Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Jack Graham

Votes: 54 38.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dunne indicating we will hold pretty strong for a good deal, mentions they respect and are supportive of the players requests but goes onto say ''they're contracted players, it'll take an extraordinary deal to make those moves.''

Good to hear
Like a few others - been saying that for weeks and have repeated to suggest extraordinary deals.

But continue to get told "That's unrealistic, "we ain't getting that", "he's not worth that!", "no way would they do that deal".

Do you believe it now when the CEO says we want "Extraordinary deals"?

And there's still people saying 9 & 17 for Shai. Mind boggling.

Both Freo and GC will pay a premium.
Even the Baker deal will be OK for us. If they want to be campaigners, they can take him in the draft or we'll take him with pick 1 in PSD.

Make absolutely no mistake, we're going in with no lube.

Bolton for picks that will end up around 11 and 21? I don't think so.

That 23 is sliding to 30 odd. You don't let Baker go for that.

Plus we will almost certainly be able to trade up for a first rounder.

I still think Eagles will up their offer to Graham to get a favourable deal on Baker, likely their next 2 x rd 2 picks.

There will be other complexities. But we should get the picks starting at 9, 10 for Bolton as a minimum. Rioli pick 6 on its own would do that, but I think it might have a lot more complexity to it. But our worst case should be picks starting at:

1, 6, 9, 10, 14, 21, 22, 23 in this years draft. Those picks probably slide to 1, 7, 11, 12, 17, 27, 28, 29.

But there will be all sorts going on, salary subsidy, potentially accepting a salary dump, trading up, trading down, future picks and so on. At the end of it all we should have at least 5-6 rd 1 picks this year plus 3 of the first 4 picks in rd 2 at our disposal.
21, 22 & 23 will be interesting given we'll be getting some serious offers for 21 after night 1, which is pick 1 on night II

F*** trading for pick 2. There’s a reason why Norfies are desperate to get rid of it. Can’t let those bums outsmart us.
You're overthinking it brother.

The good thing there is there is no hedging. They are doing precisely what they should do, prioritise a flag at the earliest point possible, all in. So they will want proven ready made players and salary paid or to dump back ended players. All of which likely suits us down to the ground.
Paying salary would actually work for us. helps us getting a better deal & also, given we have to pay 95%, it'll help avoid overpaying mid range players just to get us to that #.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

just let graham go ffs, hes use buy date is cooked
I get this and probably agree, but he’s only 26, 2 flags and that’s the player type & history where we are about to get VERY thin.

Been discussed as a future captain in the past, tackles like a bastard, can lace out a kick I50 & is one of the best gut-runners we have. Hardly gonna blow up the cap either.

I can understand why Blair & co would really like him to stay. He’s a potentially important bridge (and a Richmond hero).

I get this and probably agree, but he’s only 26, 2 flags and that’s the player type & history where we are about to get VERY thin.

Been discussed as a future captain in the past, tackles like a bastard, can lace out a kick I50 & is one of the best gut-runners we have. Hardly gonna blow up the cap either.

I can understand why Blair & co would really like him to stay. He’s a potentially important bridge (and a Richmond hero).

Imagine if he lost weight off the legs in his prime and gained agility.

Can't wait till he's injured again in a 3rd quarter and next week hobbles around or alternatively misses 4 weeks and then rushed straight back in 😍
Nah, the butcher is gone now... Graham will be back to moving better than the busted arse he's appeared to be in the last 2 seasons. Having said that, it's all just a ploy to make sure WC offer him a contract that will nett us band 3 compo...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back