Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Jack Graham

Votes: 54 38.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hawks did offload Mitchell and O'Meara for what they could though. Noah Balta would be our current equivalent of Sicily 5 years ago.

Nah Norf got rid of all of the senior guys in one go. It'd be like us getting rid of all of Vlastuin, Lynch, McIntosh, Grimes, Prestia, Martin and Broad. Plus we have better middle aged players than they did.
Mitchell and O’Meara were both older when the hawks moved them on if we are thinking similar moves I think Short and maybe Vlastuin closer to the mark but they are a touch older

Has anyone actually heard any definitive reports that Shai, Bakes & Daniel want to go or is it all innuendo/click bate still?
Smoke & Fire TJ.
Why cams at the airport when Dan was up there?
Why would freo to even bother with Bolton knowing he has a long contract unless they got wind of something?

I wonder if it all plays out like this;

Trade 1

Fremantle get: Bolton + Baker

Richmond receive: 7, 12, 16, 25

Trade 2

GC get: Dan Rioli

Richmond receive: 11, 20

We could maybe even get pick 6 instead of 11 from the suns for Rioli if we pay a lot of his salary and threaten to bid on lombard etc

Trade 3

Lions get: 36, 39, 41, 54, 57, 63 (1874 points)

Richmond receive: 17 (1025 points)

Richmond draft hand: 1, 7, 11, 12, 16, 20, 21, 25

You forgot Brisbanes pick 17 in the draft hand.

GC keep pick 20, we pay a significant portion of Rioli's contract for the next few years and gain pick 6+11. (Probably dreaming but depends how much they want him. Paying part salary would be enticing to them)

Trade 7+16 to WC for pick 3.

Draft hand: 1,3,6,11,12,17,21,25

1. Draper (Explosive mid)
3. Lalor (Mid/FWD)
6. Smith (Agility/Accumulator mid)
11. Berry (or take a punt on Hotton, both quick goalkickers)
- If the swans want to move up the order, picks 18 & 19 for 12+25.
17. Shanahan (2nd/3rd Tall KPF, great mark, booming kick)
18. Faull (195cm KPF, solid at ground level tall, tackles etc) or best available tall.
19. Trade for F1
21. Trade for F1

Wouldn't be the worst start to a rebuild. Add in the 3 early picks in 2025 and we are well on the way.

GC keep pick 20, we pay a significant portion of Rioli's contract for the next few years and gain pick 6+11. (Probably dreaming but depends how much they want him. Paying part salary would be enticing to them)

3. Lalor (Mid/FWD)
18. Faull (195cm KPF, solid at ground level tall, tackles etc) or best available tall.
19. Trade for F1
21. Trade for F1

Wouldn't be the worst start to a rebuild. Add in the 3 early picks in 2025 and we are well on the way.

Surely West Coast wont split picks again. Last time they did it cost em Sheezel.

Surely West Coast wont split picks again. Last time they did it cost em Sheezel.

If Barrass leaves they will have another decent pick or two. With the depth of the draft it might be worth it for them to take an extra pick in the top 20 and help set up the rebuild/incoming coach.

I’d plug my Mum if we had that haul.
Great Job Reaction GIF

FWIW, I'd rather we didn't lose any of Baker Bolton or Rioli because they are key players in our side moving forward, but with the way things are looking it would very well appear that we will lose all 3 at seasons end. It'll sting no doubt, but I believe that in the long term we'll be better for it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trade 1

Trade 2

We could maybe even get pick 6 instead of 11 from the suns for Rioli if we pay a lot of his salary and threaten to bid on lombard etc

Trade 3

Richmond draft hand: 1, 7, 11, 12, 16, 17, 20, 21, 25
We shouldn't go all out on this year's draft. Get some picks for next year too. It's not a sprint. We're rebuilding for the next 2-3 years.

I feel like Freo are getting seriously rooted in your 1st trade. Could do...

Trade 1

Fremantle get: Bolton + Baker + 41

Richmond receive: 7, 12, 25, Future 1st

We should pay a big part of Bolton's salary for 2 years as well. We have nobody else to spend it on.

Trade 2

Richmond receive: 6, 20

We could maybe even get pick 6 instead of 11 from the Suns for Rioli if we pay a lot of his salary and threaten to bid on Lombard etc - <<< I would do exactly this. They could afford Dusty as well if we did this, and we'd get another FA compo pick (even if it's only ~40, better than nothing)

Trade 3

Lions get: 36, 39, 54, 57, 63 (1462 points)

Need to take into account that Brisbane need to have enough list spots to accommodate all of your suggested picks in a trade. It's too many. We can just leverage the fact that we "rate Ashcroft as the best kid in the draft" to force their hand.

If we lose Graham and get Pick 22 (band 3 compensation)...

Leaves us with 1, 7, 12, 17, 20, 21, 22, 25, 40 and Freo's future 1st.

Can look to trade the 20-25 picks on draft night for more future picks, if our targets aren't still on the board.

FWIW, I'd rather we didn't lose any of Baker Bolton or Rioli because they are key players in our side moving forward, but with the way things are looking it would very well appear that we will lose all 3 at seasons end. It'll sting no doubt, but I believe that in the long term we'll be better for it.
The order I want to keep is Rioli, Baker, Bolton.

It's just unfortunate that it looks like GC will pay out the ass for Rioli, so we should take it.

Baker is a heart player of the club and I'd love him to stay for his plug-and-play attributes, but he's out of contract and has given us amazing service for a rookie pick. Let him go home.

Bolton has the potential to be a superstar, but our team doesn't look like it will be successful in the next 2-3 years, which will be his prime. He's not the type that will provide protection to our new batch of kids, and he's been part of 2 premierships. Let's get a great draft haul for him and let him enjoy his career back home.

3. Lalor (Mid/FWD)
19. Trade for F1
21. Trade for F1

We then shift all our later picks for future picks & do it all again the following yr.

We have alot of experience left if those 3 left. Balta down back and Vlastuin ,Broad .Tarranto and Hopper in the guts with Nank. Up forward is the area maybe we lack but they make no difference to that area them leaving. Short is another one time to go. I just hope the club is bold enough and courageous to see their is a big opportunity to set up our list next 2 seasons.

Trade 1

Trade 2

Trade 3

Richmond draft hand: 1, 7, 11, 12, 16, 17, 20, 21, 25
Maybe combine 16 and 17
To say essendon for pick 8??
Trade 21 into next year

Sure, if you ignore the 5 first round draft picks that come in as well.

Essendon loaded up on soft players in a weak draft with Cox, Reid and Perkins.
We get lalor.--hotton - Reid

Hopper and Taranto would be our equivalent of Mitchell and O'Meara. Not Shai.
I think the hawks would have if they could have , they were desperate for early selections , they took the view , a bit like the position we face that these guys are locks in our side and yet we still lose every game , the mix has to change

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back