Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Jack Graham

Votes: 54 38.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So now the question is who do we delist to free up the extra spots to take the picks we could be gaining?

If we remove Baker Bolton & Daniel, that's 3 spots. Grimes & Naismith retired makes 5.

That leaves Prestia Martin Graham Smith McIntosh Pickett Maurice Cumberland Green & Dow as senior listed players currently without contracts for next year, with Prestia reportedly going on in 2025.

For mine I'd go Martin(retired) McIntosh Pickett Cumberland.

That would give us a senior core of 12 to buid around:
Vlastuin
Prestia
Ross
Taranto
Short
Lynch
Koschitzke
Balta
Hopper
Nankervis
Graham
Broad
This shows exactly why we cannot let so many senior players go, thats a scary weak core.

Graham also lets set to go.

We have to make sure we spread these picks out.
This might sound silly on the face of it but if Bolton wants to go to West Coast, I'd rather their future first instead of a couple of Freo's mid first round picks from this year.

I don't have the heart to tell him

Dance Dancing GIF by Apala 9

He's lightning quick

rainn-wilson.gif

We have to make sure we spread these picks out.
This might sound silly on the face of it but if Bolton wants to go to West Coast, I'd rather their future first instead of a couple of Freo's mid first round picks from this year.

They might be even better next year with Bolton though. I say we just load up with as many picks as we can this year, then if we feel like there's a few we can trade into next year then do that.

Starting to think our best move off field has been Matty Clarke to West Coast.

Baker, Graham. LOL

Even West Coast supporters don't want Graham for free lol
Yeah they've worked out we are shit and we don't want him lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m currently at 10 players leaving.

Dylan Grimes- Retire
Dustin Martin- Retire
Sam Naismith- Retire

Thomson Dow- Delisted
Noah Cumberland- Delisted
Mate Colina- Delisted

Liam Baker- Trade to WA
Dan Rioli- Trade to GC
Shai Bolton- Trade to Freo

Jack Graham- Move to Eagles as a FA

Dylan Grimes- Retire
Dustin Martin- Retire
Sam Naismith- Retire

Thomson Dow- Delisted
Mate Colina- Delisted

Liam Baker- Trade to WA
Dan Rioli- Trade to GC

Spot on only one i would be upset with is Rioli only one that tries his heart out for the jumper but if he wants to go so be it. Bolton I wouldn't lose sleep if we get proper compensation the rest, Baker has been done deal for more then 12 months now and club knows this.

I am concerned about putting our eggs in to one draft. Everyone knows you don’t build a premiership list from 1 draft.

You are lucky to nail 2 or 3 picks from the same draft. Here is our history of our premiership team from drafts

Deledio (traded to GWS)

2005- Bust

Riewoldt, Edwards

Cotchin, Rance

2008- BUST

Dusty, Astbury, Grimes (Rookie)

Houli, Grigg trade

Ellis

Vlastuin, McInosh

2013 -Bust

Butler. Short, Lambert, Soldo, Castagna all Rookies

Rioli, Broad,

Bolton, Graham, Stengle (Cats Premership) Nank, Prestia, Caddy (trades)

Higgins, Balta. Baker (Rookie)

Ross
i think its more now or much much later with Tasmania coming in

They might be even better next year with Bolton though. I say we just load up with as many picks as we can this year, then if we feel like there's a few we can trade into next year then do that.
They might be, but over-investing in one draft isn't the play IMO. Bolton will make them better yes, but so much better that they make finals? I don't think so. Especially considering it looks like Barrass is going to the Hawks. With Tassie coming in we have to hit these next two drafts hard.

With any luck Hartley is ahead of the game this off-season.

There has already been murmurings about being able to trade salary cap for draft picks in future years. Eg. In 2025 and 2026 we give $500k to Freo each year to help them retain players in a top-4 team, in return for pick-16.

Moving on Rioli and Graham in addition to Baker and Dusty likely leaving enables us to utilise this if it comes in big time with Lynch’s huge contract ending in 2025.

I’ll be very surprised if a mechanism like this doesn’t come in for 2025 or 2026, as the AFL is desperate to find ways to help poor teams regenerate quicker than a 7-year rebuild.

I’d be very surprised if Blair is not making decisions with this partly in mind…. And if nothing comes in we have a war chest to front end contracts or entice free agents (or Harley Reid :)

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

So we turned ty Vickery into pick 29 being shai. And shai will turn into 2 or 3 first round picks.

Amd Graham was after pick 50 or so and being turned into early 20s.

And.both won q couple of premierships

Baker is a rookie spot into q first rounder. And rioli was a late first round pick turning into 2 first round picks
All after winning 3 premierships with us.

You have to say we are making like pirates. The afl wants equalisation to be early picks when you.bottom out but we won premierships and are now getting multi picks. Next premiership starts here gents!!!
Still speculative picks v known talent. No gurantees in any round of the draft.

Dylan Grimes- Retire
Dustin Martin- Retire
Sam Naismith- Retire

Thomson Dow- Delisted
Mate Colina- Delisted

Liam Baker- Trade to WA
Dan Rioli- Trade to GC

Think they are happy with Dow’s development this year. Doubt they will delist him

Rioli is the player we must keep. We won’t stand in the way of the WA guys wanting to go home and JGTI is a RFA. The one we dig our heels on is Rioli. We will get the picks we need from FRE and WCE. I don’t want us drafting HBF from this draft pool. We need midfield depth a KPF x 2 and another Ruck to develop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back