Votes: 54 38.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's Harley Reid we are landing the big Doozy

Its Happening Ron Paul GIF

or maybe Finn Callaghan im pretty sure we wanted to trade up in the 2021 trade to first get JHF, and then Callaghan

I was trying to work out how we could maximise a comp pick for him LOL

660 AFL players based on last year's figures. (AFL introduced 10% pay rises)

• 1st Round pick means top 5% (roughly 30 players) need to earn over $900K a season. :crossmark:
  • End of 1st round pick next 10% (15%, roughly 100 players in total) need to earn over 700k a season. :crossmark:
  • 2nd round compo pick next 15% (30%, roughly 200 players in total) need to earn over approx 550K a season :crossmark:
  • No pick compo bottom 30% (roughly 200 players in total) so any player earning under 300K a season :crossmark:
  • All other players earning between $300,001 to $550,000 would receive 3rd round pick after their pick :whitecheck:
So, i guess that's about pick 40 for Graham if the rumours are true? can't see West Coast giving him more than 550K a year.
He'll get a round 2 compo.
Yeah, I looked it up contract length isn't a factor for compo; however age of a player is. Considering Graham is 26 then that is close to perfect age wise. Let's hope its more than 550k hey :hearteyes:

Yeah, not sure but read it in an AFL article, ill see if i can find the actual link.

View attachment 2066065
I believe they are about to change the formula so that length is factored into the compo. Should be announced any day now.

What's the chance each of the players speculated to leave, are actually traded?

My guess is -

Baker 90% (Wants to go, can't stop him, WA clubs desperate for him)
Dusty 10% (1 game extension or retires)
Rioli 40% ( See Bolton below)
Graham 60% (Coach wants him out but hasn't enough value to warrant just giving him away)
Bolton 30% (Has a long contract and we will only let him go for a price other teams would not be willing to pay)

What do you think?
I think Bolton 90 % how often does a player not get were they want when they ask the question.

Just can't see all of Bolton, Rioli, and Baker going. I think the club just won't have the confidence to commit to a rebuild and would prefer to consider this year as a write-off due to injury, grab a couple youngsters with out picks and have another crack next year.

There does seem to be a lack of leadership from the club at the moment, not helped by gale leaving with no replacement yet. The only public messaging I'm seeing is just from poor old Yze saying he doesn't fault our effort. What's the new pres up to??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Huge for us

Right so if we want our NGA kid Tanner Armstrong, who is projected to go at pick 13 next year (yes I know there's a long way to go) we won't be able to match an opposing club's bid before our pick? Just wondering if this is how it'll work.

Agree though this year it is huge for us.

Right so if we want our NGA kid Tanner Armstrong, who is projected to go at pick 13 next year (yes I know there's a long way to go) we won't be able to match an opposing club's bid before our pick? Just wondering if this is how it'll work.

too much business to sort out in this draft to worry about something that may not come into the wheelhouse

Maybe that’s why Graham is likely to be picked up by WC or is this an indication that Freo is a done deal for Baker?
My understanding is we told Graham a while ago to explore his options. So he's not actually walking out on us. I can't say on Baker to be honest.

From a selfish point of view I’ve got a young fella that’s going to be old enough to start following the game properly in the next couple of years and if all these trades happen I need to quickly start thinking of strategies to keep him a Tiger because we’re going to suck hard

My son is 4 and I tell him we win every week. Tell him we haven't lost a game. It's his truth.

I've also told him Essendon are the poor people of the AFL and it's quite numerous when he sees bombers supporters at Auskick.

Armstrong is 2026, not next year.

It's Harley Reid we are landing the big Doozy

Its Happening Ron Paul GIF

or maybe Finn Callaghan im pretty sure we wanted to trade up in the 2021 trade to first get JHF, and then Callaghan

200-5.gif

200-2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back