Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Jack Graham

Votes: 54 38.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, reckon Rioli wants out because he has been through the shit years and wants to finish with a chance of more success. (Dimma would be a big pull factor for Dan)

Baker & Bolton are from WA so figure they might be better off going now than sticking around.

Graham knows his time is up and wants security of a pay check for a few more years.

What? He played in granny in his second season.

Bolton if we lose I won’t be too flat. Has annoyed me this year with his inconsistencies and dumb decision making. Don’t get me started on his goalkicking..
Graham, well I think everyone can see his time with us is probably done. He has seriously, seriously plateaued since our flag years. He is slow, and doesn’t impact the way he used to.
Baker, well I’ll be flat as a tack but the guy gives it 100% every week and has given us two flags. For a rookie, we really got lucky with him. The pull to go home to WA must be strong for all WA players given how far away it is.

Now Rioli is the one I’ll be really disappointed to lose. Would be sitting top 2 in our BnF now easily. His ran and dash from HB over the last two years has been so important. And right now he’s by far our best option for that role. Do whatever we can to keep him.

Bolton if we lose I won’t be too flat. Has annoyed me this year with his inconsistencies and dumb decision making. Don’t get me started on his goalkicking..
Graham, well I think everyone can see his time with us is probably done. He has seriously, seriously plateaued since our flag years. He is slow, and doesn’t impact the way he used to.
Baker, well I’ll be flat as a tack but the guy gives it 100% every week and has given us two flags. For a rookie, we really got lucky with him. The pull to go home to WA must be strong for all WA players given how far away it is.

Now Rioli is the one I’ll be really disappointed to lose. Would be sitting top 2 in our BnF now easily. His ran and dash from HB over the last two years has been so important. And right now he’s by far our best option for that role. Do whatever we can to keep him.
Hard to argue with much of that

If they take Jack Graham,

They can have Baker for 23 and JG compo pick would be 22. And they take Graham off us

Spot on only one i would be upset with is Rioli only one that tries his heart out for the jumper but if he wants to go so be it. Bolton I wouldn't lose sleep if we get proper compensation the rest, Baker has been done deal for more then 12 months now and club knows this.
So, the Baker deal "has been a done deal for more than 12 months now and the club knows this"...yet the Club made him Vice Captain in the off season. Despite knowing he was leaving. Also, clearly Baker has been torn all season about whether to stay or go. None of that gels with your statement.

Everyone needs to just settle the **** down.

Rumours flying everywhere being reported as fact.

This sort of rubbish is why social media is a cancer. People just write anything they want in a vain attempt to be first so they can say nah nah na nah nah I knew it first. Despite getting 95% of their guesses wrong. Primary school level bullshit.

From a selfish point of view I’ve got a young fella that’s going to be old enough to start following the game properly in the next couple of years and if all these trades happen I need to quickly start thinking of strategies to keep him a Tiger because we’re going to suck hard
If you can't brainwash your kid into following the best team in the land you shouldn't have bought life into this world. Sort your priorities out campaigner

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Club needs to make hard calls and be brave last couple seasons we have been to soft and conservative. We can set up our list with the players that we trade out with the picks for the next 2 drafts before Tassie comes in to.
I hope that’s the plan , reckon most footy people would say we re nuts if we reject 4 x r1 for rioli and Bolton ,,,,,

Club needs to make hard calls and be brave last couple seasons we have been to soft and conservative. We can set up our list with the players that we trade out with the picks for the next 2 drafts before Tassie comes in to.
It’s not really a hard call, because even if we were to keep everyone of those players , and have no injuries next year we are still only mid ladder at best. The worst possible position for us to finish.

We still have the Premiership players, Nank, Vlaustin,Meatball ( here he’s going another year), Balta, Lynch to guide the kids.

Really is a no brainer.

Baker, well I’ll be flat as a tack
Bolton 27.23 this year, 158.141 career. Baker 11.10 this year, 51.54 career.

Nah we will be able to match, so it's a good change for us in theory.

Essendon are the biggest winners here I think.

Under the rules when Jamarra Ugle-Hagan was drafted, if a player in your NGA was bid on anywhere in the draft, you could match it and get them. But Ugle-Hagan being basically a freebie to the Bulldogs was seen as a complete and utter rort, given how good he was, so the AFL changed the rules so if an NGA player was good enough to get drafted in the top 20 (or maybe 40?), then you could not match that bid, you miss out.

But now they are changing it back to the rules for when Ugle-Hagan was drafted, you can just match a bid anywhere. As to why, no one knows, it is kinda crazy, they changed it because of players like Ugle-Hagan and are now just changing it back again without any real reason.

Isaac Kako is a top 5-15 draft range talent, small forward, Essendon NGA. If the rules stayed as they were and a team tried to draft him early, Essendon would just miss out, OR if he was still available they would likely have to draft him at their own first draft pick if they really wanted him. But now, even if someone wants him at pick 1 (obviously not gonna happen but just for example), Essendon still get the opportunity to match. Very fortuitous timing for them, smells fishy if you ask me (Brad Scott being a former high up member of the AFL after all...).
Ok thanks for explaining. Think I misinterpreted it a fair bit initially 😂

Edit: Wait so, is this why Mac Andrew and went to GC? Because Melbourne couldn’t match the bid and he didn’t last to their pick?

Ok thanks for explaining. Think I misinterpreted it a fair bit initially 😂

Edit: Wait so, is this why Mac Andrew and went to GC? Because Melbourne couldn’t match the bid and he didn’t last to their pick?
After JUH went at pick one they changed it so an NGA player had to last past forty (was twenty for like one year) for you to be able to match

As Blind Freddy could have predicted (but the AFL apparently didn’t) the clubs immediately cut back spending on the NGAs because what’s the point. To reverse this lack of spending the AFL has also reversed the rule

Does suck for Melbourne though. They got stooged pretty bad

After JUH went at pick one they changed it so an NGA player had to last past forty (was twenty for like one year) for you to be able to match

As Blind Freddy could have predicted (but the AFL apparently didn’t) the clubs immediately cut back spending on the NGAs because what’s the point. To reverse this lack of spending the AFL has also reversed the rule

Does suck for Melbourne though. They got stooged pretty bad
The funniest part of the cheese platter one is Andrew went to the club getting the most academy help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back