Colina (cat b rookie)

Likely departures/additional retirements:
Baker
Bolton
Graham
Grimes (retired)
Naismith (retired)
D.Rioli

2025 is going to be a new look Richmond side that's for sure.

fc6a2cfd-6105-4367-b16d-ff3b471c352c.jpg

computer sitting GIF by South Park

We could arguably do worse than trade for one or two veterans on short term deals, not sure how it would fit into the strategy though. Thinking a sneaky grab like Goldstein or Wingard could do a job reasonably reliably and take a question mark out of our team selection.

Oliver's looking like a good shout

We could arguably do worse than trade for one or two veterans on short term deals, not sure how it would fit into the strategy though. Thinking a sneaky grab like Goldstein or Wingard could do a job reasonably reliably and take a question mark out of our team selection.

Oliver's looking like a good shout
The obvious concern with Oliver is that he’s another yarran , no doubting his ability , he’s a gun and 500% better than hopper

Oliver is cooked off field. He makes no sense from a list perspective and he's form has been terrible because he clearly isn't a professional. Culturally he would not be the guy to put around a young list.

People questioning how we would possibly get him for a pick in the 20's don't understand that even that is paying too much. Salary cap is everything these days and Oliver got 7 years and over a million which is the worst contract in footy. Clubs are going to start paying other clubs to take those contracts on like the Bowes deal. The only way Oliver deal makes any sense is if they give us pick 7 to take on the contract. We are effectively buying an extra pick which I am all about and Melbourne can then go splash that cash in the free agency market.

Oliver is cooked off field. He makes no sense from a list perspective and he's form has been terrible because he clearly isn't a professional. Culturally he would not be the guy to put around a young list.

People questioning how we would possibly get him for a pick in the 20's don't understand that even that is paying too much. Salary cap is everything these days and Oliver got 7 years and over a million which is the worst contract in footy. Clubs are going to start paying other clubs to take those contracts on like the Bowes deal. The only way Oliver deal makes any sense is if they give us pick 7 to take on the contract. We are effectively buying an extra pick which I am all about and Melbourne can then go splash that cash in the free agency market.

maybe we can give them Hopper to take Oliver and their first pick, pick7

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where's the Oliver stuff coming from?
Grock mentioned on the Pod that he had heard Yze is considering a sit down with Oliver to chat about the future.

but a lot of boxes would need to be ticked for it to be entertained i reckon.

apparently North are interested in Broad lol.
this ties in to what Tiger71 said a while ago that Kangaroos were hell bent on targeting some of our senior players to try and restore their experience and boost their culture.

i don't think broad will go though.

this ties in to what Tiger71 said a while ago that Kangaroos were hell bent on targeting some of our senior players to try and restore their experience and boost their culture.

i don't think broad will go though.
If Broad was to go it would be on the train back to WA with Bolton & Baker.
No chance he would leave us to go to Norf..they could ask all the want.

Grock mentioned on the Pod that he had heard Yze is considering a sit down with Oliver to chat about the future.

but a lot of boxes would need to be ticked for it to be entertained i reckon.

But if you could get him going again .... looks absolutely like someone that needs a fresh start and sitting on a massive contract isn't going to help him mentally either ....

No way in hell we trade lynch
Don't care if we have to get him on the ground in a wheel chair , bad enough the goat retired
And more are leaving , fmd I love the bloke
Tearing Geelong apart in the 2019 prelim
Lynch in another team would kill me
He's a tiger for life end of story.

List management is about how much talent we will have in 4-5 years. Probably should not be based on not wanting to see a current player in another team’s colours, regardless of what he did in 2019.

If someone offered a first round pick for him and we pay a % of his contract, you would say no ?

If Broad was to go it would be on the train back to WA with Bolton & Baker.
No chance he would leave us to go to Norf..they could ask all the want.
yeah agree, I don't think he will go, but I fully understand why North would ask the question and try their luck!

edit; Not sure Baker will be on that WA train either.

List management is about how much talent we will have in 4-5 years. Probably should not be based on not wanting to see a current player in another team’s colours, regardless of what he did in 2019.

If someone offered a first round pick for him and we pay a % of his contract, you would say no ?
It’s totally about seeing what the team looks like in 5 years, I’ve seen how they go about it.
And no, I would definitely NOT trade Lynch

It’s totally about seeing what the team looks like in 5 years, I’ve seen how they go about it.
And no, I would definitely NOT trade Lynch

Lynch won’t be there in 5 years. A draft kid will be 23 by then, about to hit his prime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back