Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Jack Graham

Votes: 54 38.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would we target Jack Macrae? Beverages and the bullfrogs seem to be keen to move him on.

Would somehow make our one paced midfield even slower

One of the by-products of mediocrity, mate.
Overstating worth, importance or value.
You're spot on. Brown has some very good AFL traits, especially his kicking, but has a long way to go in other areas.
hardly a star or even star in the making.
Hopefully he does, but with an absence of stra sin the making, we're clinging to something and overstating how good people currently are.

This is it isn’t it. Well said.

Tom Brown has talent, not saying he’s no good, but the talk on him being a star is absolutely bizarre and the fact people ignore his deficiencies that he’s had since he was a junior, but still make excuses for it, is hilarious and shows there are those who don’t actually want to know the game, they just want yellow and black lenses on. In ten years when we are the new Essendon and haven’t won a final, these types will wonder why.

Tom Brown needs a lot of development to make it. He can get there because of his skill set, but by lord, just stop the overrating.

Tigs71 said that Baker would only leave if the club got a Godfather offer in terms of picks. He said something along the line that he is really enjoying taking younger players under his wing and that he wants to be part of the next come up.

I don't think he mentioned anything recently about Bolton though.
He said Bolton gone. We will look to get one top 10 pick this year and one top 10 pick next year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is it isn’t it. Well said.

Tom Brown has talent, not saying he’s no good, but the talk on him being a star is absolutely bizarre and the fact people ignore his deficiencies that he’s had since he was a junior, but still make excuses for it, is hilarious and shows there are those who don’t actually want to know the game, they just want yellow and black lenses on. In ten years when we are the new Essendon and haven’t won a final, these types will wonder why.

Tom Brown needs a lot of development to make it. He can get there because of his skill set, but by lord, just stop the overrating.
I think what everyone who says Browny is a star means is that he has star potential. I don't think anyone seriously thinks he is an elite player at the moment.

I agree with it all apart from Rioli. Just feels silly to trade him. I understand what we can get for him, but yeah, doesn't feel like a smart move.

I'm very torn as I know this draft is very good and it makes sense to capitalise but I'd argue that Rioli is about to be the most damaging half back in the league.

I think we have to be realistic in where we are at. What does Rioli being the best HBF in the league get us in 2025-26? He was BOG on the weekend and we lost by 10-goals. Maybe he helps us win an extra couple of games, taking us from 18th to 16th … or 16th to 14th … ironically weakening our draft hand in future years.

Then by the time we are hopefully back contending he will be 31yo+.

Eagles had an offer for Barrass last year of 2 x first rounders from Sydney which never eventuated. He will now go to Hawks for 1 x first rounder, and Eagles have lost 12-months of development they would have had in their 2 x draftees they ‘should’ have secured.

Eagles also missed the boat on opportunity in prior years to trade Gaff, McGovern, Yeo … so their rebuild is really only starting end of 2024 when it was clear to everyone it should’ve started end of 2022 when the above players had currency - even if it was only McGovern end of 2022 and Barrass end of 2023 … that’s 4 x top-20 picks they’d have running around right now with 1 and 2-years experience. It’ll end up being 1 x first rounder for Barrass and McGovern is 33yo start of 2025. (Gaff is retired and Yeo has resigned and he turns 31yo in 6-weeks).

I love Rioli and think he has been our best player this year. But right now is not the time for sentiment if multiple quality picks on a really deep draft are on the table for a HBF.

If Baker and Bolton stay, but Graham and Rioli go, that’s IMO the perfect scenario given the age and quality of the players in question and the trade value each commands.

Bolton will still command the same in a trade end of 2025 if we feel it’s the right move and he still wants out. But get invested and stay, alongside a load of elite young talent and there’s no reason he can’t be pivotal in a flag push when he’s still only 29yo.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I think we have to be realistic in where we are at. What does Rioli being the best HBF in the league get us in 2025-26? He was BOG on the weekend and we lost by 10-goals. Maybe he helps us win an extra couple of games, taking us from 18th to 16th … or 16th to 14th … ironically weakening our draft hand in future years.

Then by the time we are hopefully back contending he will be 31yo+.

Eagles had an offer for Barrass last year of 2 x first rounders from Sydney which never eventuated. He will now go to Hawks for 1 x first rounder, and Eagles have lost 12-months of development they would have had in their 2 x draftees they ‘should’ have secured.

Eagles also missed the boat on opportunity in prior years to trade Gaff, McGovern, Yeo … so their rebuild is really only starting end of 2024 when it was clear to everyone it should’ve started end of 2022 when the above players had currency - even if it was only McGovern end of 2022 and Barrass end of 2023 … that’s 4 x top-20 picks they’d have running around right now with 1 and 2-years experience. It’ll end up being 1 x first rounder for Barrass and McGovern is 33yo start of 2025. (Gaff is retired and Yeo has resigned and he turns 31yo in 6-weeks).

I love Rioli and think he has been our best player this year. But right now is not the time for sentiment if multiple quality picks on a really deep draft are on the table for a HBF.

If Baker and Bolton stay, but Graham and Rioli go, that’s IMO the perfect scenario given the age and quality of the players in question and the trade value each commands.

Bolton will still command the same in a trade end of 2025 if we feel it’s the right move and he still wants out. But get invested and stay, alongside a load of elite young talent and there’s no reason he can’t be pivotal in a flag push when he’s still only 29yo.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Youve convinced me

Sell sell sell

Twomey on gettable saying Rioli wants to get to GC, GC want him. Says GC may need to pay a little bit over to get him. But then follows up with that being 12+20.
Thats not enough you salty Essendon campaigner. Who does this flog think he is Dudoro's apprentice or something?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back