Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Jack Graham

Votes: 54 38.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I can gather we should have a spare pick around 40 even if we trade up with Brissy so can use that for Phillips and see what he's got I guess.
nope, waste of a pick for us. Probably better prospects in the draft

It is not like he is 20 either, he is 22 and really should be hitting his straps for the type of player he is.

better off using 40 to go further up the draft with higher picks if we have no player to use pick 40 on in mind to ensure we get who we want in the top 20 if not top 10

talk about 22 year olds. Blight is a better prospect getting a game this weekend than Phillips because does have excuses, never had the same opportunities/pathway provided as Phillips, bigger body takes longer to develop let alone game

To put things into some perspective, I know JHF was a better prospect in his draft and pick one but JHF is a year younger. JHF had the issues at North, he went to Port, he has been muddling around for a little learning and improving. Recently JHF, despite being a bigger body looks like he is breaking out at AFL level to a degree, I know he is trying to improve his tank by reports and has always shown the talent, he can play in spurts, this is common knowledge, but he looks like he is getting it together now, Port have found a fit for him and he has a role suiting him and the team to showcase his abilities. Phiilips apparently had a good junior career, arguably if he was going to make it he already would have, no way shoild RFC use our pick 40 on him

Last edited:
In regards to the reported players we're targeting I'd say there is no real interest in Hobbs or Tsatas, Phillips is a chance but for a late pick towards the end of trade period once we've done our main deals.

In regards to the reported players we're targeting I'd say there is no real interest in Hobbs or Tsatas, Phillips is a chance but for a late pick towards the end of trade period once we've done our main deals.

I hope you’re right. I’d rather take my chances on the top 40-50 players in this draft than bring in someone that is likely to be nothing more than a fringe player.

This is the sort of draft you pull a Chad Warner at 39.

Last edited:

He is our fourth picked key defender with everyone fit and available. Hardly a priority signing.
Have to disagree his form in the VFL has been excellent, will make it as a player at senior level as well. Must keep.

reality is, if its that low, they probably arent adding pick 20. Changes the game significantly.

How about 5 and a future first?

Have to disagree his form in the VFL has been excellent, will make it as a player at senior level as well. Must keep.
he may not make it But I think he has as good a chance as any.

If I am honest, I have Blight ahead of Miller who seems more athletic but Blight may have more know how footy wise and reading the play possibly. Blight has a imposing figure as well. Few things going for Blight. If Blights busts I would let him bust and not toss him out beforehand. Factoring age as well, arguably Blight has more upside

this is just my opinion of course, nothing more

I am not totally sold on Young either but he has come on better than I thought he would.

Balta is AFL quality, he is a player but I am still not sure his best role is defence especially deep defense.

Gibcus has a lot of potential to but I am not pinning him down to on what he does and where he could deliver the goods either

So for me there is more wriggle room in our defence from my perspective than others probably see

Last edited:
Honestly, if GC get pick 5, they might try and keep it because they don't think Lombard will be bid on before then?

I have not see Lombard, so I only go by comments.

Gold Coast could hold 5 and risk it as you suggest, but it would be risky.

I would like RFC to have 1 and 5 if they can even if it means via other means

I would be surprised Adelaide give GC 5 and I think Gold Coast will win their next two games to

Harry lemmey getting a game this week …… it’s only ever gonna happen when curnow/mckay are out injured. I wonder if it’s worth getting him on the cheap?

Ohh you’re right my bad! Thought he was in the squad but just an emergency
taters gonna tate GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Baker is gone mate. He’s even bought a place over in Perth. No chance he’s staying.
For about the ten millionth time, that was Bake's SECOND investment property in Perth. He purchased one a few years ago and nobody suggested he was moving then.

This one just coincides with him being out of contract. Perth is a great place to invest and he's from WA. Nathan Broad has bought a home in Perth this year and he's signed on again til 2026.

Lots of players buy investment properties, it doesn't mean they're moving imminently. It means they have disposable income. Bakes may well leave but just because he bought a house in Perth doesn't mean he's definitely leaving.

Hoping for a Dees, Giants & Lions win today.

Dees win = over take suns and the suns first pick gets better (if Rioli leaves)
Giants win = Freos pick getting lower (assuming hawks and Dogs win to overtake them)
Lions win = Pies 1st pick (freo has) should stick around the same make on case Bolton leaves)

7,8 & 13
Into potentially
6,7 & 10 (Blues win helps our pick too)

Star Wars GIF

What about Bailey Smith?

24 at seasons end. Fast, outside mid exactly what we need as long as he comes back right from the ACL. Hugo’s best mate!

Good looking so will help keep the members into that sort of thing after losing Dusty (different type of look but who cares).
Yep then draft Hotton and we'd have 9 ACL's on the senior list. No thanks.

For about the ten millionth time, that was Bake's SECOND investment property in Perth. He purchased one a few years ago and nobody suggested he was moving then.

This one just coincides with him being out of contract. Perth is a great place to invest and he's from WA. Nathan Broad has bought a home in Perth this year and he's signed on again til 2026.

Lots of players buy investment properties, it doesn't mean they're moving imminently. It means they have disposable income. Bakes may well leave but just because he bought a house in Perth doesn't mean he's definitely leaving.
Devils advocate here.
Why hasn't he re signed if he's staying.

They obviously had big wraps on Hobbs in his draft year. If he is cheap enough then it's fine as don't think he has got a proper crack at Essendon.
We went for Toranto and Hopper to replace Cochin and Prestia as our midfield bulls with Graham as backup. I don’t think we will change direction on that so do we have a spot for Hobbs now.

Devils advocate here.
Why hasn't he re signed if he's staying.
He may well be leaving.

My point if you read my post fully is that just because he bought a house in Perth doesn't mean he's leaving (because he already bought a house in Perth previously).

The op said that he bought a house in Perth as the reason he was definitely leaving.

Broady is very close with Bakes and said on Daisy's podcast that the longer it goes the more likely he thinks he will stay.

Nobody knows. The mail has been that Bakes is really struggling with the decision.

Say we do take a draft haul and a rebuild all in one go both this year and next. How do we keep them at the club with contracts all ending around the same time?

Hopefully the AFL brings in the extension clauses for rookie contracts to incentivise loyalty

I’m pretty sure I heard that some of the changes being made were to be able to rookie players up to 3-4 years…

If we can get will Phillips for a late second rounder or even early third, it would be great. Clarko has mind fkd him, he needs to gtfo of that club.

I'm all for it
Jesus Christ.

He can't get a game for one of the worst teams in the league and is out of contract.

Giving up a 4th rounder is almost overs.

He's about to get delisted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back