Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Jack Graham

Votes: 54 38.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
For a so called expert Twomey is very naive. He's worth way more than that when contracted.

I suppose Twomey does rub one out each night thinking about all the stars in the draft. Half of which turn out to be complete busts and spuds.

We'll just play Poker with Freo. This is what we want.... Freo go no this is all we can give... so we hold and hold and wait for them to fold. If they don't fold then he stays. He's entertaining to watch. It's a win/win.

Same with Gold Coast for Dan. I'd be hitting up GC for their first 2 picks and a future first providing we give them a large chunk of salary cap relief and late picks for their academy kids.
I think they'll come around before Freo does as Dimma will demand it and he wants guns now and not draft picks. They get them from their academy anyway.
Twomey has had the Richmond hate ingrained in him after working at AFL house for so long. Campaigner can heck off.

Dimma wants some of his old toys now his new ones are already rusting. I reckon we'll bend GC over and they'll cop it sweet.

Pick 5,20 for Rioli, pick 30 and paying three quarters of his salary.
Pick 9,10 for Bolton
Pick 17 for Baker
Pick 22 for Graham
Pick 14 from Brisbane for points.

That is an absolute amazing draft hand in one of the deepest drafts we’ve seen for a long time. 9X picks inside 22. This is a draft with a genuine top 30 that are all very highly rated prospects.
Getting the pick of 9/30 is just wild. You are in a position to pretty much completely remodel your whole list based on one draft hand and comepletly fast track a rebuild.

I don’t think we’ll end up with that many picks but we will still have a very good draft hand.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

5 and 13 for rioli with later picks for points going back to GC?
Massive overs but very hard to know any of the trades without knowing how much salary we are contributing and how that is even valued in a trade. We will have so much space from Bolton (sounds like Freo have the cap space for him) so could pay a huge amount.

GC have enough points for Lombard.

so the pies are getting fatracca with no draft picks 🤣🤣🤣
Insanity Going Crazy GIF

Ralphy shot his load early. Not the first time I bet
Just checked the Jon Ralph article on the HS website and mention is made of the fact that Shai’s Manager confirmed he hasn’t formally asked for a trade. But he did say he would like to play in Perth next season if we are offered a good enough deal.

Just checked the Jon Ralph article on the HS website and mention is made of the fact that Shai’s Manager confirmed he hasn’t formally asked for a trade. But he did say he would like to play in Perth next season if we are offered a good enough deal.
Yeah Ralph is on money. Morris trying to twist the hasn't asked for a trade but has said he wants to go home. Unless he's asking us to delist him he's effectively asking for a trade without using the word trade 😁

It sounds like Twomey is going off the assumption that Rioli wants to leave and Richmond is following their history of being good to deal with. Like I said, what Twomey has already suggested would sound like overs to an opposition supporter, so not sure your metaphor is the most apt.

Isn't this what most Richmond supporters are thinking anyways with what we potentially could get in a trade sense and by "blowing up" the list?
I just don't see the logic with people saying 12 and 20.

Is 12 and 20 overs for Dan - maybe. (although I'd say no)

Is 12 and 20 overs for a contracted multiple years Dan? Good lord no. That's awful. Way short of the mark.

Richmond good to deal with? We get deals done as we're not Essendon, but most of the deals of previous years have been players coming in, not going out. Very different. Also a lot of the players we have traded out were not best 22.

Both Rioli and Bolton are top 5 Richmond players (probably top 3)
To think we'd trade them under contract for a bag of beans is nothing short of absolute batshit crazy.

Massive overs but very hard to know any of the trades without knowing how much salary we are contributing and how that is even valued in a trade. We will have so much space from Bolton (sounds like Freo have the cap space for him) so could pay a huge amount.

GC have enough points for Lombard.
Salary is worth a lot to the Suns with their talented list. Wasn't long ago they gave up pick 7 to get some more cap space.

I'd pay most of Rioli's contract if it got us both 5 and 13.

Salary is worth a lot to the Suns with their talented list. Wasn't long ago they gave up pick 7 to get some more cap space.

I'd pay most of Rioli's contract if it got us both 5 and 13.
We should absolutely be trying to offer some $$$$ for a pick. Couldn't agree more with your post. Twomey rekons lukocious "is on close to 7 figures"
If a player of his ilk is on that then they must have serious cap/retention issues

Club would absolutely never ever ever take so many picks in a single draft. It just makes absolutely no sense to not kick some down the line to next year.

You limit the opportunities for development and stack up contract renewals and essentially guarantee that you lose some of them when they don't get enough opportunity.

You're also working your way well down the list of guys you want rather than getting your top picks of 2 separate drafts.
Yeh you’re taking 6-7 picks for sure and then turning some picks into next years first round, even if they are predicted to be in the 14-18 range. Need to nail the next two drafts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back