List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Do you support the club trading for picks 2 and/or 3?

• Yes Trade for 2 & 3

• Yes But Only For 2 or 3

• No

• Unsure

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

1727568210766.png

Trade & Free Agency Dates

Free Agency Period - Friday October 4th 9am to Friday October 11th 5pm

Trade Period - Monday 7th October 9am to Wednesday October 16th 7.30pm

Last edited by a moderator:

It has to be a certainty that pick is ours if Bolton truly doesn’t care what team he plays for

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Bolton, Baker, Graham for Picks 3, 13, 23 and the compo for Graham at 22 is actually far better than even dealing with freo

Leaves us
Pick 1
Pick 3 (Bolton)
Pick 6 (Rioli)
Pick 13
Pick 21
Pick 22
Pick 23
Pick 29

Don't be a dh
F**k you. I have an opinion and I am entitled to it. If our current leaving players were good enough we would not have been so abysmal. They particularly showed no leadership to our youngsters.

What needs to happen for our rebuild:

Baker, Rioli and Graham go. This should net us first round picks and something in the 20's of which we could maybe bundle for another pick in the teens.

Bolton is the key player that should 'only' go if we receive significant return. He is by far the best player being discussed in this trade period hands down. He is also the best current player on our list by quite some margin. And he is contracted. Freo should be bending over completely if they want him.

If the offer is 9 and some par late first round pick which is barely a first rounder, then tell them no chance and he stays with us. It's actually more beneficial to have him around the club to teach the new and up and coming players of which there isn't much spark currently.

Next year will be a massive year for Taranto, Hopper and McAuliffe. I envy the Hawks currently and wonder if Yze should be taking the same approach i.e travelling to speak to leaders.

We will get pick 1 again next year and have the chance to spread the picks over 2 years if we don't see anyone left we 'reallly' want live in the draft. Teams can overpay for a player they really want.

Or no one respects him, and they left because they know what competence looks like, and he aint it.
There would be plenty of others looking to move if that was the reason. I believe Yze put the heat on these guys to be the new leaders and they couldn't commit to it. By leaders I don't just mean Captain or Vice Captain, but actually leading the way as far as training standards and on field performance/discipline.

Baker and Graham were probably the only two who showed any sort of leadership in terms of committing themselves body to the way Yze wanted the team to play but Baker was also one of the players who'd give away undisciplined free kicks through frustration. IMO their moves are the least annoying as they aren't moving to a contender where all the hard work has been done. Instead, they are going to a club that is in a similar situation to us and they'll need to be leaders there. It's clear though that both were more invested in playing for McQualter hence the decision to head to WCE as soon as he was announced as coach.

I'll be interested to see if Bolton tries to get to WCE as well, now that McQualter is coach as it would make it even more obvious that none of them ever bought in and if that's the case then I'm even happier that they're gone

Anyone else pissed off with Bolton, Baker, Graham and Rioli? As the days get closer to trade week the more I think these 4 guys have let us down.
They were supposed to be our next leaders for the young guys and it seems they got what they wanted and think it's best to move on for their own self interests.
No different to Dimma IMO and now I won't them out.

Baker - was out of contract and has always admitted the pull of going back to WA. No issues and believe he truly loves the club.

Graham - how much of it is seeking an increased role as a full time mid? Never really got the opportunity under Dimma or Yze. As an out of contract seeking a different role I’m ambivalent to his leaving.

Bolton - having two young children myself, I understand the pull of being around family. The fact he hasn’t nominated a club indicates that this is a genuine reason to move. No issues.

Rioli - this is the one I’m not comfortable with. Not going for more money, family (although appreciate the Tiwi Islands a lot closer) or a different role. Seems to just want to be back with Dimma.

And for completions sake Dimma - I truly believe that he was at the end of his tether at RFC. Just wasn’t a group he could coax something out of and possibly his personal life impacted key relationships (as Cotchin said). Think he was done and the reset - however brief - probably has helped.

Or no one respects him, and they left because they know what competence looks like, and he aint it.

Let’s not lower the influence that Dimma would have had on this group even after he left. All of the players leaving until midway through 2022 had only played under one AFL coach. Dimma was obviously a very strong personality and had 14 years to develop his own style (which went through changes as well known) and had the time to go through the rollercoaster of being unsuccessful to successful etc.

Coming into an established and strong environment totally fresh like Yze did would always mean a high level of difficulty in not only implementing game style and his own coaching style (which until you sit on the big chair with the reigns in your hand is purely theoretical) whilst still learning and developing as to what you want to be and stand for as a coach would have been extremely difficult.

I have no doubt that some players would prefer Dimma to Yze, the challenge now for Yze is to take those learnings from last year and adapt in year 2, and for the players themselves to be patient and work together to collectively develop. The fact that we had so many re-sign, including the likes of Broad etc. shows that the playing group is still largely behind Yze.

There would be plenty of others looking to move if that was the reason. I believe Yze put the heat on these guys to be the new leaders and they couldn't commit to it. By leaders I don't just mean Captain or Vice Captain, but actually leading the way as far as training standards and on field performance/discipline.

Baker and Graham were probably the only two who showed any sort of leadership in terms of committing themselves body to the way Yze wanted the team to play but Baker was also one of the players who'd give away undisciplined free kicks through frustration. IMO their moves are the least annoying as they aren't moving to a contender where all the hard work has been done. Instead, they are going to a club that is in a similar situation to us and they'll need to be leaders there. It's clear though that both were more invested in playing for McQualter hence the decision to head to WCE as soon as he was announced as coach.

I'll be interested to see if Bolton tries to get to WCE as well, now that McQualter is coach as it would make it even more obvious that none of them ever bought in and if that's the case then I'm even happier that they're gone
Harsh on Rioli. Bloke couldn't have done more to lead by example. Busted a gut until the final siren of the season.

If Bolton goes to West Coast

It's genuinely going to be a better deal for us, Pick 3 is a lock, Baker will help us attain Pick 13, Pick 23 will be added in for Bolton (we'd want two first rounders, but would surely accept a high first round Pick and an early 2nd round pick) then Graham compo

Leaves us with 1, 3, 6 (rioli), 13, 20 (rioli), 21, 22 (Graham compo), 23

Way better than what Freo are offering. So yes, I'm at that stage where freo is only used to pressure WCE, but if we can take their draft hand, I'm all for it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Harsh on Rioli. Bloke couldn't have done more to lead by example. Busted a gut until the final siren of the season.
True, will win the best and fairest tonight and I have a feeling it will be by a distance, and should increase his trade value

Anyone else pissed off with Bolton, Baker, Graham and Rioli? As the days get closer to trade week the more I think these 4 guys have let us down.
They were supposed to be our next leaders for the young guys and it seems they got what they wanted and think it's best to move on for their own self interests.
No different to Dimma IMO and now I won't them out.
Bolton and Rioli I am, as they're both much much harder to replace and I fear that we're not going to get true equal value for them. While I get the family thing with Bolton, if we were still around the mark for finals I don't think he'd be leaving, so I'm a bit shitty at that, and Rioli just seems like a fully selfish move (which is ok if players do whats best for them, but as a fan, that's how I'm viewing it).

Baker has been pretty open for a while (at least behind closed doors) about the move west so while I'm still disappointed he's going, I think that one's a bit easier to swallow as its not exactly out of left field. I also feel like he is replaceable.

Graham I'm not too fussed about. I don't think we'll miss him.

Riley Beveridge saying Graham to West Coast not done yet, could still sign with us

That shipped sailed long ago. We matched the 4 year offer so if Graham wanted to stay we would've by now seen the articles Jack Graham re-signs. He will head to West Coast on the proposed 4 year deal on more money than what we offered.

I'm having massive Mandala effect with remembering Jack Graham resigning on a 1-year deal. I remember there being poor quality photos taken on a really sunny day recently published but I am evidently going crazy

A little harsh sure, and I don't question his on field performance it's more the off field stuff. If Bolton wasn't doing things required and going his own way about things, I'd have liked to have heard that Rioli tried to get him back into line as a leader of the Indigenous players.

A little harsh sure, and I don't question his on field performance it's more the off field stuff. If Bolton wasn't doing things required and going his own way about things, I'd have liked to have heard that Rioli tried to get him back into line as a leader of the Indigenous players.
You need to remember he's a Rioli from the Tiwi Islands, I've worked with a few Aboriginal peoples from the Tiwi island, they're incredible at prioritising family.

He's doing footy for brotherhood, family and financial. Rioli wouldn't be focused on being the no.1 guy at the club the way someone like Cotchin or Selwood would.

IMO Rioli has gone above and beyond, he let's his footy do the talking and he was incredible in a horrible team, he will be unbelievable next year

Tigers in line for extraordinary draft bounty

The Tigers will shape the trade period with deals for outgoing stars.

Herald Sun - Jay Clark & Jon Ralph

Richmond will believe it is perfectly placed to head to the national draft with a phenomenal six selections in the first 21 draft picks as the club’s trades for three outgoing stars take shape.

The AFL’s free agency period kicks off on Friday, with compensation for St Kilda over Josh Battle’s departure the most intriguing question mark given a six-year Hawks offer of just under $900,000 a season. ST KILDA and Greater Western Sydney are among the clubs breathing a sigh of relief, after the AFL informed teams that 'Band 2' compensation picks will fall before North Melbourne's pair of end-of-first round selections.

Sydney and Gold Coast, who own the pair of Kangaroos picks, now face the prospect of falling further down the draft order should any of this year's free agency departures be deemed worthy of 'Band 2' or end-of-first round compensation.

But Richmond’s monumental decision to allow contracted players Shai Bolton (Fremantle) and Daniel Rioli (Gold Coast) to leave will shape the trade period, which runs from October 7-16.

Uncontracted vice-captain Liam Baker is also on the move with a move to the Eagles everything but confirmed.

Some of those players made clear as they departed that coach Adem Yze needed to take more control of a young group with more discipline and a defined game plan as well as working on his existing strong relationships.

[PLAYERCARD]Liam Baker[/PLAYERCARD] is Western Australia bound. Picture: Getty Images

Liam Baker is Western Australia bound. Picture: Getty Images

There was a level of frustration that some players old and younger were allowed too many liberties around their professionalism and adherence to game plan.

The club is aware of the player feedback, even though senior players were also frustrated at Bolton playing on instinct and diverting from the game plan at times.

Departing chief executive Brendon Gale made clear in a recent podcast that Yze was prepared to “take a lot more responsibility” and “start to really put his fingerprints on this team” in 2025.

While Richmond is yet to lock in trades with rival clubs the centrepiece of those trades will allow Richmond to secure one of footy’s best draft hauls in recent memory, excluding expansion sides.

Richmond has asked Gold Coast for their No. 6 pick and another early selection for Rioli and while that seems a ridiculous ambit claim the Suns are prepared to hand over their No. 6 pick as part of a deal.

[PLAYERCARD]Daniel Rioli[/PLAYERCARD] and [PLAYERCARD]Shai Bolton[/PLAYERCARD] are likely on the move. Picture: Getty Images

Daniel Rioli and Shai Bolton are likely on the move. Picture: Getty Images

Fremantle is prepared to offer one of picks 9 or 10 for Bolton (contracted to 2028) and the Dockers’ No. 16 pick but not both of picks 9 and 10.

The Dockers would have used picks 9 or 10 to secure the 26-year-old if Baker chose them.

But with Baker choosing West Coast, the Tigers are likely to secure Hawthorn’s No. 13 draft pick after the Eagles secure it in a trade for Tom Barrass.

So while all of those deals could yet have many other elements — including Richmond even handing back later picks — the Tigers will believe they can secure four picks within 16 for that trio.

With their own picks currently 1, 21, 29, 39, 41, 47, 57, 66, 72, it will give Richmond six picks within 21.

Early bids on Brisbane’s Levi Ashcroft and Gold Coast’s Leo Lombard will push out some of Richmond’s draft selections.

But on draft night if the Tigers keep those picks they could hope to have two of the first seven picks, four of the top 15 picks and seven of the top 35 picks given they also retain pick 29.

If the Tigers can use picks like 29, 39, 41 and 47 and trade them to a club like the Suns or Gold Coast for an earlier to use for academy players they can again strengthen their draft hand.

[PLAYERCARD]Adem Yze[/PLAYERCARD] has a big task ahead of him at Richmond. Picture: Getty Images

Adem Yze has a big task ahead of him at Richmond. Picture: Getty Images

Gale told a club podcast in August he was confident Yze would put his imprint on the club next year as it quickly bounced back up the ladder.

“We have had a coach come in. And we believe he’s extremely capable and he’s carried himself extremely well but it’s fair to say he comes into the program which has been successful,” he said.

“He is following a coach of historical standing (Damien Hardwick) and he has premiership players everywhere, and I reckon he’s just sat back a bit, coupled with an incredibly unprecedented run of injury. And what you will see of Adam next year is a coach that takes a lot more responsibility.

“This is his team and he will intervene and poke and prod and start to really put his fingerprints on the team which will create its own energy and momentum.

“At this stage there is an opportunity to turn this club around in a couple of years. We have a really strong platform, a strong organisation, a culture and shared understanding of what it takes and our own supporters understand what it takes. It’s not reacting, it’s making evidence-based decisions and we will be back in no time.”

Liam.jpg

shai and dan.jpg

Last edited:
Here you go campaigners the 2025 Free Agents List.

2025 FREE AGENCY LIST
*Qualifies as previously delisted
^Qualifies as previously moving clubs as a free agent

ADELAIDE
Matt Crouch
Darcy Fogarty
Wayne Milera
Lachie Murphy
Reilly O'Brien
Brodie Smith
Taylor Walker

BRISBANE
Joe Daniher^
Darcy Gardiner
Ryan Lester
Cam Rayner
Brandon Starcevich
Dayne Zorko

CARLTON
Tom De Koning
Sam Docherty
George Hewett^
Jack Silvagni
Jacob Weitering
Orazio Fantasia*
Matt Kennedy

COLLINGWOOD
Mason Cox
Jamie Elliott
Will Hoskin-Elliott
Jeremy Howe
Brayden Maynard
Brody Mihocek
Scott Pendlebury
Steele Sidebottom
Oleg Markov*

ESSENDON
Sam Draper
Jayden Laverde
Jake Stringer

FREMANTLE
Andrew Brayshaw
Nat Fyfe
Oscar McDonald*
Alex Pearce
Jeremy Sharp*
Michael Walters

GEELONG
Mark Blicavs
Jeremy Cameron^
Tom Atkins

GOLD COAST
Rory Atkins ^
Sam Collins*
Brayden Fiorini
Sean Lemmens
Alex Sexton
David Swallow
Nick Holman

GWS
Callan Ward
Jacob Wehr*

HAWTHORN
Luke Breust
Jack Gunston
James Worpel
Seamus Mitchell*

MELBOURNE
Jake Melksham
Charlie Spargo

NORTH MELBOURNE
Luke Davies-Uniacke
Brynn Teakle*
Aidan Corr^
Toby Pink*

PORT ADELAIDE
Darcy Byrne-Jones
Tom Clurey
Kane Farrell
Dylan Williams*

RICHMOND
Noah Balta
Tom Lynch^
Dion Prestia

ST KILDA
Zaine Cordy ^
Brad Crouch^
Jimmy Webster
Liam Stocker*
Hunter Clark

SYDNEY
Joel Hamling^
Jake Lloyd
Lewis Melican
Luke Parker
Dane Rampe
Robbie Fox

WEST COAST
Oscar Allen
Tom Cole
Jamie Cripps
Jack Darling
Jayden Hunt^
Jeremy McGovern
Jack Petruccelle
Dom Sheed

WESTERN BULLDOGS
Oskar Baker*
Marcus Bontempelli
Liam Jones^
Tom Liberatore
Ed Richards
Caleb Poulter*
Lachie Bramble*

Here you go campaigners the 2025 Free Agents List.

2025 FREE AGENCY LIST
*Qualifies as previously delisted
^Qualifies as previously moving clubs as a free agent

ADELAIDE
Matt Crouch
Darcy Fogarty
Wayne Milera
Lachie Murphy
Reilly O'Brien
Brodie Smith
Taylor Walker

BRISBANE
Joe Daniher^
Darcy Gardiner
Ryan Lester
Cam Rayner
Brandon Starcevich
Dayne Zorko

CARLTON
Tom De Koning
Sam Docherty
George Hewett^
Jack Silvagni
Jacob Weitering
Orazio Fantasia*
Matt Kennedy

COLLINGWOOD
Mason Cox
Jamie Elliott
Will Hoskin-Elliott
Jeremy Howe
Brayden Maynard
Brody Mihocek
Scott Pendlebury
Steele Sidebottom
Oleg Markov*

ESSENDON
Sam Draper
Jayden Laverde
Jake Stringer

FREMANTLE
Andrew Brayshaw
Nat Fyfe
Oscar McDonald*
Alex Pearce
Jeremy Sharp*
Michael Walters

GEELONG
Mark Blicavs
Jeremy Cameron^
Tom Atkins

GOLD COAST
Rory Atkins ^
Sam Collins*
Brayden Fiorini
Sean Lemmens
Alex Sexton
David Swallow
Nick Holman

GWS
Callan Ward
Jacob Wehr*

HAWTHORN
Luke Breust
Jack Gunston
James Worpel
Seamus Mitchell*

MELBOURNE
Jake Melksham
Charlie Spargo

NORTH MELBOURNE
Luke Davies-Uniacke
Brynn Teakle*
Aidan Corr^
Toby Pink*

PORT ADELAIDE
Darcy Byrne-Jones
Tom Clurey
Kane Farrell
Dylan Williams*

RICHMOND
Noah Balta
Tom Lynch^
Dion Prestia

ST KILDA
Zaine Cordy ^
Brad Crouch^
Jimmy Webster
Liam Stocker*
Hunter Clark

SYDNEY
Joel Hamling^
Jake Lloyd
Lewis Melican
Luke Parker
Dane Rampe
Robbie Fox

WEST COAST
Oscar Allen
Tom Cole
Jamie Cripps
Jack Darling
Jayden Hunt^
Jeremy McGovern
Jack Petruccelle
Dom Sheed

WESTERN BULLDOGS
Oskar Baker*
Marcus Bontempelli
Liam Jones^
Tom Liberatore
Ed Richards
Caleb Poulter*
Lachie Bramble*
Think we might be another year off really being a big player for FA
Just due to how it works all the “good” ones tend to be a little bit old for us right now until we have a better idea of what our core will be building around has

I'm unsure on Cameron Hicks, made a call we're into Peatling half an hour after Tom Morris tweeted he met with "Victorian clubs". In the days since then, Twomey and other reputable journos have linked 7 clubs with Peatling. We've not been named once. I think it's guesswork from him, as many have saidl and I don't think its unfair to call it out so we're wary of his mail

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Back