Archer Reid 203cm forward
Harvey Johnston 185cm midfielder/forward
Coby Burgiel 185cm defender
Ryan Maric 196cm forward
Noah Long 179cm forward
Campbell Chesser 185cm midfielder
Jai Culley 194cm midfielder
Jack Petruccelle 188cm forward

The ones in italics I'd be happy to ask a question about in addition to the picks
I can't stress this enough.

When you're trading a commodity as valuable as Bolton you DO NOT entertain fringe players as part of the deal.

You trade purely on Bolton's value alone for picks. Any interest in a fringe player gets done in a separate deal.

Why? Is draft pick 30 going to be any better?
I’d suggest Seth & Steely have shown as much or more potential than Noah at this stage(AFL Level) plus incoming draftees will cause a bit of a squeeze as well…. (Just my opinion, love it if NC showed more over the past 4-6 weeks & proved me wrong).

I always get attached to our players & feel it when we delist.

The reality is, we will accommodate Rioli's request. We aint getting 3 first rounders FFS. Stop this unrealistic shit.
Correct. It’s either pick 5 or maybe there is an option of 13 and a young bloke on there list we rate

Matt White

But the deal for Ottens was pretty good at the time. It's just that we pissed the proceeds up against the wall.
Actually the deal itself for Ottens was bad as well. We didn't get fair value for what he was worth at the time. We were demanding a pick well within the top 10 and another 1st round pick, but Geelong could only get pick 12 and 16 which we had to reluctantly accept because he was out of contract.

Back then there was no trading future picks which made getting a fair trade harder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The reality is, we will accommodate Rioli's request. We aint getting 3 first rounders FFS. Stop this unrealistic shit.

Dont be suprised if a kid is part of the deal, we will ask the question.
It's madness to suggest we'd accept a bag of beans, and accommodate his request.
He's contracted for 3 more years and a top 3 player. He'll stay if that's the case.

End of 2022. Signed for 5 years

The 25-year-old said it felt “amazing” to commit to a long-term deal at a Club he felt so strongly connected with.
“It’s awesome, I am basically a Tiger for life now and I would not want to be anywhere else,” he said.

IMG_3979.JPG

It's madness to suggest we'd accept a bag of beans, and accommodate his request.
He's contracted for 3 more years and a top 3 player. He'll stay if that's the case.
No one said that, but thinking we get 3 early picks is ridiculous

You're missing the part about salary cap relief. We pay Dan's contract (and possibly pay extra) and throw back late picks for points for their academy.
It's not just 3 first round picks for Dan.
It aint happening mate.

I think we should look into trying to get future picks into our draft hand.

Rioli (plus paying most of his contract) and our future 3rd for Gold Coast's pick 5, 25 and future 1st.

Bolton for Freo's pick 9, 26 and future 1st.

The likely trade for Baker would be with WC for pick 12 (WC trade Barass for Hawks pick).

We package our 30+ picks (including the Graham compo) for Brisbane pick 14.

We trade pick 25, 26 we got from Freo and GC to GWS for their pick 17 and future 2nd.

In conclusion we will end up with picks 1, 5, 9, 12, 14, 17, 21 for this year's draft; plus Gold Coast first rnd pick, Freo's first rnd pick and GWS second rnd pick in next years draft.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back