Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Jack Graham

Votes: 54 38.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because we also got to be concious of how many picks we have this year. If we were to get 22 for Graham, then also knowing we are gonna be down next year and need some draftees into that draft, why not look at getting some picks into next year. Just a thought.
Agree, can’t just go all in on this year

Definitely go hard especially at the top end because of the reports of how strong this draft is but if this year has taught us anything
Lists are becoming increasingly fluid not just using us as an example but even looking at other clubs and seeing a lot of movement of contracted players

Can’t afford to leave ourselves wanting next year or the year after if something pops up that would be silly not to try and capitalise on in terms of trading in a contracted player from another club that may not be seen as an option now or addressing additional list issues in the draft going forward

Having spare picks in the bank is only a good thing

Gonna be crazy here in a few weeks when Harley Reid wants out.
We need more than Harley Reid.
We need three of him.
We need at least four long-term players from this draft.

Well with Dusty and grimes and thinking Graham and bakers money off the books we will be well and truly under the salary but it’s too early to be going and chasing big fish as we don’t have the cattle as yet I’m excited to what kids we bring in the draft and we build upon there

Well with Dusty and grimes and thinking Graham and bakers money off the books we will be well and truly under the salary but it’s too early to be going and chasing big fish as we don’t have the cattle as yet I’m excited to what kids we bring in the draft and we build upon there
Balta is about to be on 3m a season

Imagine if.... Gold Coast need to do some salary cap dumping for now and especially for the coming 3 - 5 years.

Now imagine if they see this year as a great opportunity to resolve that issue.

Now imagine if they see fit to do that salary cap deal with a club that has a contracted player that they want and need and has the cap space to do so.

Now imagine those toes, the hair, the stench. Enjoy.
Bro I admire your imagination, but this isnt a video game.

Agree I don't think we take more than 6-7 picks in the draft.

It's for that reason I can see us taking offers like 13 + Future 1st for Rioli as opposed to 5 + 21.

First point of call should be to bundle up those later picks and move up to the teens/20s and then look to trade some of those picks into 2025 draft.

If Bolton got us 9,10 then could see us trading Baker & 9 for pick 3 to eagles.
May as well keep Bolton and Rioli than take that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lol, we are trying to start a proper build, the last thing we need is to be confused with training intensive might be iffy players that may or may not make it.

Beggars cannot be chooses so Rioli and Bolton have been possibly trades, if clubs still want RFC to be beggars with 9, 10 and 12 that get worse with bids then they stay at RFC.

It is not that hard to comprehend is it?

Comparing the top 10 to the top 20 in this draft is laughable but that is what some wish to suggest

Cause here is the thing, they can still stay at RFC and we get top draft picks from finishing low, if that is what they want?

When we don't we blame Tassie and things get political. There are different ways to skin a cat, it is not like we threw a premiership away in 2024, I am sleeping well tonight

We can keep Rioli and Bolton and pick up plenty of players like Bond and top of draftees, no needle is getting moved there. It looks like some clubs want RFC to stay down for a while

It is funny, some want Rioli and Bolton and rate them as chump change so we spin around chasing hail Mary plays and picks

Obviously those pushing us towards the likes of Bond want us to finish ninth, and then ninth, and then ninth again.

It would be funny if we won a premiership in 5-7 years with Rioli and Bolton still on our list playing

Last edited:
Excuse Me Reaction GIF by One Chicago

No worries. Just for entertainment - let us know what you think the pick deals will be and we'll see who's closest.

I'll go...

Rioli - 5, 12 & 20(or something similar to 20, next year 2nd rounder etc)
Bolton - 9,10 and a future 1st
Baker - around pick 17 if WC can trade up.
This must be our starting position for each.

Baker a bit higher too.

I love Rioli, have said many times, him leaving is the one that hurts me the most and I dont want to trade him, but he is a 28 year old HBF and we are bottom of the ladder.

I will deep throat tigs2010 hairy hobbit big toes if we get al 3 of those picks 😂
He's 27.

Yeah yeah, he turns 28 next year some time, but he's 27.

He has five full years of football before he stops being 32 or under, which means he's 27.

This must be our starting position for each.

Baker a bit higher too.

He's 27.

Yeah yeah, he turns 28 next year some time, but he's 27.

He has five full years of football before he stops being 32 or under, which means he's 27.
He is 28 at the start of the season, he is 27 while playing for us.

You also say he has 5 years left like its a fact, do I need to remind you of the great Dusty that apparently had years left in him playing forward and how quickly the end came, or Jack R, who didnt rely on pace.

Rioli relies on pace and its the first thing to go. Expecting 5 years of good footy has significant risk, it isnt a given.

I remember the outcry over paying pick 6 for a much younger A grade mid and you guys expect much much more for Rioli, good grief this is getting uncomfortable.

Prepare to be disappointed peeps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back