Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Jack Graham

Votes: 54 38.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we get 5 for rioli, take it as that is more than fair, if GC refuse to trade 5, then 12 and 21 is still good value, we're not getting 5 plus anything else for Rioli, comeon. Please let it be 5 so we can nab a second gun mid.

Mid teens for baker please and freo's first 2 picks for Bolton. That is realistic and the best we will get. Add in Brisbanes first pick and we go to the draft with 5 or 6 first rounders.
Spot on. People trying to pillage these teams when we really need these picks almost as much as they need the players.

Wonder if Caracalla back with us will increase the likelihood of Hobbs or Tsatas joining us
Would of spent a fair bit of time with them in the VFL program this year

Dunno if I really rate either of them but still worth noting the connection

freo's first 2 picks for Bolton. That is realistic and the best we will get.
We can do better. We can say, we want pick 3: make it happen.

Spot on. People trying to pillage these teams when we really need these picks almost as much as they need the players.
If we already have 1, 5 (Rioli), 12 (Baker), 15 (Brisbane), 21, 22 (Graham), we don't really need 10 and 13 for Shai. If Blair's worth his salt he will wheel and deal to get pick 3 involved.

Wonder if Caracalla back with us will increase the likelihood of Hobbs or Tsatas joining us
Would of spent a fair bit of time with them in the VFL program this year

Dunno if I really rate either of them but still worth noting the connection
**** no.

We can do better. We can say, we want pick 3: make it happen.

If we already have 1, 5 (Rioli), 12 (Baker), 15 (Brisbane), 21, 22 (Graham), we don't really need 10 and 13 for Shai. If Blair's worth his salt he will wheel and deal to get pick 3 involved.

**** no.
I don't disagree that trying to get pick 3 instead of the first 2 Freo picks is unreasonable. It's the 5 & 12 for Rioli & all firsts for Bolton which is silly.

Sounds like Freo don't need us to contribute salary which is fine. I actually think we are better waiting for AFL to bring cap trading in next year and do separate deals with our cap space. Think we will get a better return doing that.

I don't disagree that trying to get pick 3 instead of the first 2 Freo picks is unreasonable. It's the 5 & 12 for Rioli & all firsts for Bolton which is silly.

Sounds like Freo don't need us to contribute salary which is fine. I actually think we are better waiting for AFL to bring cap trading in next year and do separate deals with our cap space. Think we will get a better return doing that.

Who cares of Freo's needs, why talk about being a charity?

It is about what Freo can give us or what West Coast can give us as well as Bolton. West Coast pick 3 is more than Freo's draft picks so they get Bolton and Bolton can improve West Coast with Harley and others and they will improve into the future for sure. I am sure they will be happy they stop Freo getting a break based on the weekends efforts.

Draft picks are only as good as the players getting drafted and pick 3 is of higher quality than the types at Freo's picks which are more dime a dozen

We are not here to eat a shit sandwich from Freo like the Ottens trade

drafting dime a dozen types are available in many years, in many years one does not trade out Bolton types

Pick 9 and 10 of Freo becomes at least 11 and 12 if not higher with bidding and that is really pushing out of the better types

Last edited:
If we get 5 for rioli, take it as that is more than fair, if GC refuse to trade 5, then 12 and 21 is still good value, we're not getting 5 plus anything else for Rioli, comeon. Please let it be 5 so we can nab a second gun mid.

Mid teens for baker please and freo's first 2 picks for Bolton. That is realistic and the best we will get. Add in Brisbanes first pick and we go to the draft with 5 or 6 first rounders.
Time will tell, but with both Rioli and Bolton under still relatively long term deals, it’s up to those clubs to entice us with an offer too good to refuse. We should demand more and see what bites we get
EDIT : Blair is not an idiot, he won’t demand something that cannot be attained and that he views as unfair. He will get the best deal he can imo.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Elijah is pushing this move, from what I hear, not a fan of Brad, Essendon and is a massive Tiger fan. We have expressed interest.

I would hope we aren’t giving a first round pick but he can certainly find it and is a lot more dynamic than what we have.

Not saying I’m in for him, but I can see the appeal.

Don't see the point in trying to bank future picks if this draft is so strong.
I agree. And you only do a future if it gets you a round better, otherwise you lose a year of development for that player. Could take a round 1 for rioli and a future rd 1 for example, or a future rd 1 for baker, or 2 round 1s and a future rd 1 for Bolton. In fact I think we don't take any future not in the first round.

I agree. And you only do a future if it gets you a round better, otherwise you lose a year of development for that player. Could take a round 1 for rioli and a future rd 1 for example, or a future rd 1 for baker, or 2 round 1s and a future rd 1 for Bolton. In fact I think we don't take any future not in the first round.
It would be our pick 21 or 22 (if received for Graham) for F1 for teams thinking they're in the hunt.

He is 28 at the start of the season, he is 27 while playing for us.

You also say he has 5 years left like its a fact, do I need to remind you of the great Dusty that apparently had years left in him playing forward and how quickly the end came, or Jack R, who didnt rely on pace.

Rioli relies on pace and its the first thing to go. Expecting 5 years of good footy has significant risk, it isnt a given.

I remember the outcry over paying pick 6 for a much younger A grade mid and you guys expect much much more for Rioli, good grief this is getting uncomfortable.

Prepare to be disappointed peeps.
With him GC are in the premiership window. What will it cost to bring GC to a premiership window?

I think Elijah is pushing this move, from what I hear, not a fan of Brad, Essendon and is a massive Tiger fan. We have expressed interest.

I would hope we aren’t giving a first round pick but he can certainly find it and is a lot more dynamic than what we have.

Not saying I’m in for him, but I can see the appeal.

Can’t kick for shit though. Be the last thing we need considering the number of hacks we already have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The one thing I really want us to start valuing is kicking efficiency.
It's something Richmond has been bereft of for what feels like a long time. Even during our flag years there was an element of chaos footy to our game.

I'd like us to turn into a really precise and incisive footy team. Whether that is realistic, I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back