Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Jack Graham

Votes: 54 38.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, I reckon Smith has shown the abilities in patches, and has the drive and ambition to make it. I’m actually pretty disappointed he’s not been given more of a run in the seniors to learn his craft at the higher level.
Next year might be sink or swim. Should get plenty of opportunity.

Next year might be sink or swim. Should get plenty of opportunity.
The thing I really like about him is he’s pretty quick and a dasher that likes to take the game on. Lost his first year through injury which makes this current season his first chance to show what he’s got.
I like the way he plays, as I said, takes the game on from what I’ve seen.

All these trade scenarios are looking at what Freo, Gold Coast and West Coast have this year and are matching rough value for Bolton, Baker and Rioli.

However our recruiters don't just look at 1x draft in isolation- they look over a number of years so I can see Bolton and/or Rioli trades including future picks so we strengthen our hand for 2025 draft pool.

With our picks, they'll talk about best available at each but we'd also know if drafts are heavy in talls one year or midfield deep and would assume we are quite calculated in what types we pick up

We will need to replace Naismith so we will only have 9. Also. Didn’t Gray and Blight already fill two spots. Even than there is no way we will find 7 good players in the draft particularly if we trade up for higher draft picks. Also we will need to create space next year for more draft picks. I don’t think we will be dumping two many extra players this year.

Good point I hadn't considered that if we retain Blight and Gray which I assume we will, then yeah that's two less picks. I'd be backing both of them with a full preseason to have a more immediate impact than a couple of very late rookie picks.

1724452668755.png

Jack Riewoldt has urged Richmond to consider a wholesale clean out of his former premiership teammates in a bid to avoid years stuck at the bottom of the ladder due to Tasmania’s impending entry to the AFL.

The Devils will become the AFL’s 19th team in 2028 and are expected to be given a host of draft allowances to help make them competitive from the outset.

Their entry will leave clubs at the start of a rebuild cycle vulnerable.

The Tigers could take as many as six first-round picks to this year’s draft should stars such as Daniel Rioli, Liam Baker, Shai Bolton and Jack Graham leave Punt Rd.

“The draft will then be diluted again with another assistance package for a team coming in. But also then, everyone’s pick goes out by one,” Riewoldt said.

“Now there’s changes to the academies and father-sons that will happen but this year and next year if you can stockpile and load up on first-round draft picks which, the players we’re talking about (trading) are worth picks that are up the top end of the draft, (Richmond) needs to make the most of what they have got.”

Richmond could snare a draft bounty if stars including [PLAYERCARD]Shai Bolton[/PLAYERCARD] leave. Picture: Will Russell/AFL Photos via Getty Images

Richmond could snare a draft bounty if stars including Shai Bolton leave. Picture: Will Russell/AFL Photos via Getty Images

Bolton is open to a move to a Western Australian club, while Baker has been strongly linked to West Coast as a free agent.

Rioli could reunite with former coach Damien Hardwick on the Gold Coast.

“The club would love to keep all of the players but if they’re expressing wants to go somewhere else, then facilitate it and get what they’re worth back and start again,” Riewoldt said on Fox Footy.

It comes as former skipper Trent Cotchin expressed his sadness at the club’s rapid decline from premier to wooden spoon in four years.

Top draft fancy Jagga Smith played recently for Richmond’s VFL team. Picture: Paul Kane/AFL Photos/via Getty Images

Top draft fancy Jagga Smith played recently for Richmond’s VFL team. Picture: Paul Kane/AFL Photos/via Getty Images

Cotchin said on Channel 7: “I kind of sit there and I go, ‘four, five, six years ago we had so many conversations about what’s that legacy we’re going to leave when our time is said and done?’

He said it would be “quite sad” for the ex-teammates he expected to lead the club’s next era to depart en masse this off-season.

“That’s where it becomes quite sad for what you had hoped would be the legacy of when you’re leaving a footy club (and) you know there’s some really brilliant people and a lot of talent there to actually carry (on) some of what you have created but then also put their own spin on it,” he said.

Cotchin said the Tigers needed to embrace the opportunity to “go hard” and “inject some new talent” at this year’s draft.

Jack and Cotch get it... embrace the opportunity richmond
they sound like when they used to wheel out royce hart and francis bourke 25 years ago

Love Riewoldts read on everything from game day analysis to big pic stuff. He’ll be a huge asset toTassie .

Cotch is trying hard, love the man, but not sure media is his thing.
He's on that dull channel 7 show that no one watches.

Fox footy shows are meh but man they shit on channel 7 😂😂

7 have a Footy show? Who knew?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 2089089

Jack Riewoldt has urged Richmond to consider a wholesale clean out of his former premiership teammates in a bid to avoid years stuck at the bottom of the ladder due to Tasmania’s impending entry to the AFL.

The Devils will become the AFL’s 19th team in 2028 and are expected to be given a host of draft allowances to help make them competitive from the outset.

Their entry will leave clubs at the start of a rebuild cycle vulnerable.

The Tigers could take as many as six first-round picks to this year’s draft should stars such as Daniel Rioli, Liam Baker, Shai Bolton and Jack Graham leave Punt Rd.

“The draft will then be diluted again with another assistance package for a team coming in. But also then, everyone’s pick goes out by one,” Riewoldt said.

“Now there’s changes to the academies and father-sons that will happen but this year and next year if you can stockpile and load up on first-round draft picks which, the players we’re talking about (trading) are worth picks that are up the top end of the draft, (Richmond) needs to make the most of what they have got.”

Richmond could snare a draft bounty if stars including Shai Bolton leave. Picture: Will Russell/AFL Photos via Getty Images

Bolton is open to a move to a Western Australian club, while Baker has been strongly linked to West Coast as a free agent.

Rioli could reunite with former coach Damien Hardwick on the Gold Coast.

“The club would love to keep all of the players but if they’re expressing wants to go somewhere else, then facilitate it and get what they’re worth back and start again,” Riewoldt said on Fox Footy.

It comes as former skipper Trent Cotchin expressed his sadness at the club’s rapid decline from premier to wooden spoon in four years.

Cotchin said on Channel 7: “I kind of sit there and I go, ‘four, five, six years ago we had so many conversations about what’s that legacy we’re going to leave when our time is said and done?’

He said it would be “quite sad” for the ex-teammates he expected to lead the club’s next era to depart en masse this off-season.

“That’s where it becomes quite sad for what you had hoped would be the legacy of when you’re leaving a footy club (and) you know there’s some really brilliant people and a lot of talent there to actually carry (on) some of what you have created but then also put their own spin on it,” he said.

Cotchin said the Tigers needed to embrace the opportunity to “go hard” and “inject some new talent” at this year’s draft.

FFS media is crap. Do your bloody homework. Baker is out of contract but is NOT a free agent. Graham is the free agent.

Well said by Richo

Richo had his way with McClueless.

Richo: Richmond fans after 3 premierships understand. When was the last time your team won a premiership? You haven't.

McCluless: I'm independent.

McClueless Feb 2024

“Carlton have to be premiership favourites. And if anyone tries to tell you down the street that they shouldn’t be, they’re not following the game right,” McClure said on his 3AW radio show.

“If they’re not winning the premiership this year, something has gone wrong.”

Love Riewoldts read on everything from game day analysis to big pic stuff. He’ll be a huge asset toTassie .

Cotch is trying hard, love the man, but not sure media is his thing.
Tassie scored with getting Jack - he's out going, confident and knows the industry
and Jack was super smart to get out of the richmond bubble
he will do big things..But he will always be our man!

Richo had his way with McClueless.

Richo: Richmond fans after 3 premierships understand. When was the last time your team won a premiership? You haven't.

McCluless: I'm independent.

McClueless Feb 2024

“Carlton have to be premiership favourites. And if anyone tries to tell you down the street that they shouldn’t be, they’re not following the game right,” McClure said on his 3AW radio show.

“If they’re not winning the premiership this year, something has gone wrong.”
Is he on twitter? If so this wouyld be replied to every tweet the campaigner posts.

I'm surprised you think Fox Footy shows are meh. I think they're good and with the new broadcast agreement they're only going to get better. I won't need to listen to the horrendous commentary on free to air anymore.
There's only one real downside to Fox Footy and that's Kelly but I can live with that.

I'm surprised you think Fox Footy shows are meh. I think they're good and with the new broadcast agreement they're only going to get better. I won't need to listen to the horrendous commentary on free to air anymore.
There's only one real downside to Fox Footy and that's Kelly but I can live with that.
Lost interest in them when it just became a means for Gerard to pump his agenda.

This guy does a 1/2 hour deep dive on our entire list including hypothetical trades for the usual suspects and then which players we should target with our draft haul. Was brilliant analysis, the half hour flew by and makes me want Baker, Dan and Graham gone even sooner lol. Bolton is gonna be a bitter pill to swallow.... only softened by 2 × 250 game club stalwarts we get as compensation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back