• Jack Graham

Votes: 54 38.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
season 5 what an odd thing to say GIF

I'd have him, for sure. Only 28 and we need good kicks. Would come cheap too.
Does he just block a younger player? We have 2 picks of our own in the top 20, and then 1 or 2 top 20 picks for anyone leaving, so we will have significant talent coming in, and a big chunk of players 22 and under, do we just let them play and leave the wise heads of who stays, vlastuin, hopefully lynch, short, taranto, Hopper, broad. Then it will be a more natural replacement of these guys as they retire to be replaced by draftees. This draft will reset the club and contribute to the next dynasty team immensely.

Does he just block a younger player? We have 2 picks of our own in the top 20, and then 1 or 2 top 20 picks for anyone leaving, so we will have significant talent coming in, and a big chunk of players 22 and under, do we just let them play and leave the wise heads of who stays, vlastuin, hopefully lynch, short, taranto, Hopper, broad. Then it will be a more natural replacement of these guys as they retire to be replaced by draftees. This draft will reset the club and contribute to the next dynasty team immensely.
We can't replace all of Bolton, Piclett, Baker, Graham, Dusty and Rioli with 1st years. We'll get pumped by 12+ goals every week.

Is Rachele a Toby Green type flog or Jake Stringer type flog?

I don’t want Daniel Rioli to be traded. Baker either really. I think they are too important to us. Bolton, Graham and Short can go.

Listening to Sam McClure and Richo go head to head, he’s baiting Richo, no way can he be that dumb.
Everything Richo said re rebuilding which is pretty much what JR said is an absolute no-brainer. 17 other clubs would be doing exactly the same if they were in our position.
McClure’s argument is a sure fire way of stagnating in the mid-rung of the competition. Again, surely he can’t be that dumb
Funnily enough I thinks couple of clubs are seeing what we’re about to do and thinking wtf are we doing , watch this space on wc and saints

I don’t want Daniel Rioli to be traded. Baker either really. I think they are too important to us. Bolton, Graham and Short can go.
Rioli will be toughest to lose as he’s had a Stella season and I think genuine leadership qualities, GC will need to pay a v e r y high price , 2 pics well inside top 20 ,,,hot off a bf and two brilliant games ,there’s no denying how good he is ,,,,one real gripe I’ve had tho is why he was never thrown into midfield when crying out for some contrast

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We don’t have a choice with Baker, he’s not contracted. Rioli is elite but he’s 28 and we can nab overs from the suns for him this year. Bolton we’ll get 2 first rounders min from freo while graham I hope stays unless compensation gives us a 2nd rd pick. Shorts been terrible but we need to keep some experience in the team.

We don’t have a choice with Baker, he’s not contracted. Rioli is elite but he’s 28 and we can nab overs from the suns for him this year. Bolton we’ll get 2 first rounders min from freo while graham I hope stays unless compensation gives us a 2nd rd pick. Shorts been terrible but we need to keep some experience in the team.
Well, turns out we do have a choice. We've got the first pick in the PSD remember, so he can't walk to WA that way.

Funnily enough I thinks couple of clubs are seeing what we’re about to do and thinking wtf are we doing , watch this space on wc and saints
What exactly do WC or Saints have to sell of value?

Saints - Battle has probably already decided.
They have some decent kids and a good ruck but they can't let them go.
King? Surely not.

WC - Just Harley Reid really, nothing else

I honestly think losing Bolton, Baker & Rioli all at once would be a absolute worst case scenario for the club. If we were only worth 2 wins this year, then i'm not sure we are good for 1 next year without Dusty, Grimes, Pickett, Rioli, Graham, Bolton, Baker.

I said a few months back that i think that as high of 90% of the playing list could be gone within 5 years. Got laughed at.

After 1 year that number is likely going to already be at 25%.

Last edited:
I honestly think losing Bolton, Baker & Rioli all at once would be a absolute worst case scenario for the club. If we were only worth 2 wins this year, then i'm not sure we are good for 1 next year without Dusty, Grimes, Pickett, Rioli, Graham, Bolton, Baker.

I said a few months back that i think that as high of 90% of the playing list could be gone within 5 years.

After 1 year that number is likely going to already be at 25%.

90% would require only 4-5 remaining in 5 years time from our current list. I don't think so. Hopper, Tarano are contracted until then. Then pick the eyes out of Lefau, Young, Miller, Balta, Mansell, Ross, Ryan, Ralphsmith, Blight, Bauer, Trzise, Rioli Jnr, Sonsie, Banks, Gibcus, Clarke, Campbell, Green, Smith, McAuliffe, Brown, Fawcett and others. There will be more than 5 of these guys on our list in 2029.

We can't replace all of Bolton, Piclett, Baker, Graham, Dusty and Rioli with 1st years. We'll get pumped by 12+ goals every week.
Well if your not careful that's what a rebuild does, Hawthorn tried with older hacks and got nowhere switched back to youth and look at them now. Hope we go on that path and not the North one.

The way I look at this season gone past, is that if all these players want to leave, let them go. As we are not winning any finals in the next 4-5 seasons. So we need to go hard in the drafts & free agency when we look like we are entering our window. I'm so grateful that we had our recent success & hopefully that keeps me going over the next few tough seasons ahead. I'm hoping to see an improvement in what our gameplan will start to look like next season, but not expecting to win too many games Whether Adem Yze is the right choice we will find out in the next 2-3 seasons, otherwise we will need to find a coach that has what it takes to being competitive again.

I think the idea is to replace them with 2nd, 3rd, 4th year players- expose them to see what we have, and then delist end of next year and go again with the draft, with the 2024 draftees having some development.

I think Dusty was done, lets say pick 1 replaces him, Graham we can give his role to a younger player, same as pickett who had lost his dot, rioli was pretty loose. Looked good but his man smashed us yesterday.

If Ryan has a decent preseason and put on some size he replaces naismith, and hopefully OHB improves around the ground. And Grimes body was gone , hopefully Gibcus fires next year as he is at the age.

The really big if to our improvement is if Lynch can be the big banana up forward next year. If he can then we are instantly better as koZZIE and mykelti play around him.

Bolton and baker I think is where we will be weakened, so an elusive quick forward mid, and a Mr fixit around the ground.

We really need to.hit all our top 30 draft picks and then hopefully in a year they overtake anyone not developing. At this stage in 2025 retirements could be prestia and lynch, so that gives us room to also delist anyone not working out and really start improving our list

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back