Votes: 54 38.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
davies is crap dont want or need another ****ing overated list clogger

Jason Sudeikis Yes GIF by Apple TV+

Freo have played this beautifully, using Pickett as a smokescreen to reduce Bolton's value, implanting into BF posters heads that we have to accept a lower offer now or keep Bolton, well played Freo but I see you
Yep, I'm sure there's nothing sexier to a player than to have his desired destination club playing down his value to them.

Imagine hitting on a hot girl in a bar by offering to buy her a drink, and then telling her that if it's too pricey I'll spend my money on buying that other girl over there a drink instead.

I thought Green might go myself so that is a good keep IMO.

Gray a no brainer, his last game was looking like a debut incoming.

Blight is a tricky one, couldnt quite find his feet at senior level, but a level above at VFL.

Apparently was struggling with the structures at AFL level, so based on that, unless WC want him, surely he signs on.

He was horrendous against the hawks. Has no idea what he’s meant to be doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But if we lose nearly all talent right away, who is going to play? Or will all our picks be ready right away?

Losing all of Bolton, Rioli and Baker plus all the retirements. If any injuries occur to major players next year then it might the first time since University to go winless.

Few years of pain then so be it. We have done it before we can do it again.

But if we lose nearly all talent right away, who is going to play? Or will all our picks be ready right away?

Losing all of Bolton, Rioli and Baker plus all the retirements. If any injuries occur to major players next year then it might the first time since University to go winless.

We finish bottom next year doesn't matter how many wins and we get another pick 1. If Balta leaves for FA we get pick 2 as FA compo. We go cap in hand to AFL and say we need priority picks as we've been plundered and been 💩 for 3 years and will be 💩 for another few before Tassie comes then we're in the wilderness and their Big 4 marquee club will draw lousy ratings. They want us up n about or there abouts as they don't want ANZAC eve, opening game against Blues, Dreamtime to be busts that are over at 1/4 time with 45,000 instead of 90,000 crowds. They can throw us 2 or 3 end of 1st rounders like Nth got last year and Whooshka 2027 season we shock the world as all our gun kids have played 50 -100 games and we pull off the biggest FA heists with Tom Green and another 1 or 2 guns like Noah Anderson or a KPF and start our next dynasty.

Not having Baker, Rioli, Pickett, Dusty, McIntosh, Grimes means opportunities for the kids to stake their claims. Plus Lynch, Judson and Gibcus will be like new recruits next year.

Yeah but no-one remembers second last, it’s just called a bad season. It hasn’t the stigma of the wooden spoon.

In a season one remember the Premiers - to admire or envy, and one remembers the wooden spoon to laugh and ridicule.

AFL has turned supporters wanting the spoon in a bad season. Not good.

Give me a couple spoons on the trot over being 9thmond any day of the week. I'd rather get another couple Deledios/ Dustys with an easy draw than another couple Lennon/Corey Ellis's and get a tougher draw. It's not like we have to unfurl an actual wooden spoon.

It's painful trying to have a decent discussion in here about oppo players. They're always shit apparently.
Some of you are incredibly tiresome.

If we don't draft them they're crap.
If we draft them, they're still crap.
If we are about to draft them, they'll probably be crap.
If they come from another club, they're especially crap
If they come from another club and are in the top 20 players in the league, yep you guessed it, still crap.

shemans will prob hold fatracca and connie pickett at the club even though theyre unhappy

difference with us is if we dont get what we want rioli and bolton will happilly play at rfc in 2025

what a rabble melbourne are, forcing players to stay when they have a broken relationship with the club ruins culture
U could be right but there is also the other side of the equation that you don’t want the playing group thinking they can demand out anytime they like, even under contract.

We finish bottom next year doesn't matter how many wins and we get another pick 1. If Balta leaves for FA we get pick 2 as FA compo. We go cap in hand to AFL and say we need priority picks as we've been plundered and been 💩 for 3 years and will be 💩 for another few before Tassie comes then we're in the wilderness and their Big 4 marquee club will draw lousy ratings. They want us up n about or there abouts as they don't want ANZAC eve, opening game against Blues, Dreamtime to be busts that are over at 1/4 time with 45,000 instead of 90,000 crowds. They can throw us 2 or 3 end of 1st rounders like Nth got last year and Whooshka 2027 season we shock the world as all our gun kids have played 50 -100 games and we pull off the biggest FA heists with Tom Green and another 1 or 2 guns like Noah Anderson or a KPF and start our next dynasty.

Not having Baker, Rioli, Pickett, Dusty, McIntosh, Grimes means opportunities for the kids to stake their claims. Plus Lynch, Judson and Gibcus will be like new recruits next year.
You nearly had it right but forgot to mention JUH / Cadman

It's painful trying to have a decent discussion in here about oppo players. They're always shit apparently.

If they come from another club and are in the top 20 players in the league, yep you guessed it, still crap.
Can i buy you a drink

but you must keep the glasses on

If anything Trac stays.
Less than 1% chance of that. Would take a miracle. More likely to retire with an 8-figure payout than play for Melbourne again. Will walk to the club of his choice. They put him back on-field with life-threatening injuries; his contract is as good as void.

They don’t like sticking around melb the indigenous boys
They don’t like the indigenous boys sticking around, melb

Righto.
So if we got 6 (1751), 13 & 20 for Dan & 29, 39, 47 & 57 (1597 = pick 7.5) then let’s play
Then how are we getting Brisbane's first?

Better idea: just say it's 6 & 13 for Dan or go **** yourselves.

Effectively it could be Smilie, Shanahan and Dettoli for Rioli and Lombard.

We’d take that.
Guy Smiley is the Bo Callahan of this draft. I think he's a bust. None of his teammates even went to the poor guy's 21st birthday party.

Trade pick 6 to Seattle and let's get a running back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Less than 1% chance of that. Would take a miracle. More likely to retire with an 8-figure payout than play for Melbourne again. Will walk to the club of his choice. They put him back on-field with life-threatening injuries; his contract is as good as void.

They don’t like the indigenous boys sticking around, melb

Then how are we getting Brisbane's first?

Guy Smiley is the Bo Callahan of this draft. I think he's a bust. None of his teammates even went to the poor guy's 21st birthday party.

Trade pick 6 to Seattle and let's get a running back.
We get the Brisbane pick by not selecting Ashcroft at pick one. Reduces points from 3000 to 2500. if he’s selected at pick 2. Brisbane gets a 20% discount for FS selection bringing it down to 2000 points for Ashcroft. We supply 1600+ and they supply the rest and give us their pick one.

Already out of favour with their supporters. Many not happy with his game against Port.
Him Banfield and Walker been underwhelming lately. Switkowski is apparently not happy with the way things are panning out.

He’s a far better player but I’m not really keen on players. Picks only, thanks.

Last edited:

I think it has more to do with maximising the draft currency we have and utilising our current senior players.

Development of the drafted players is paramount.

When the senior players start to retire then bring in players from another team.

Give me a couple spoons on the trot over being 9thmond any day of the week. I'd rather get another couple Deledios/ Dustys with an easy draw than another couple Lennon/Corey Ellis's and get a tougher draw. It's not like we have to unfurl an actual wooden spoon.
Yes and the club now realises they can’t do a Geelong and draft tamper the falcons whilst providing out of salary cap farm deals to poach FAs. This is now the focus.

All I can say is thank god they are not in any position to influence any decision making at the club.

The rumours being about the Tassie team taking Nank and Vlas for first rounders?
That'd just be years of first rounders after first rounders after first rounders.

I guess the club is hoping/planning to have a new leadership group coming through by then and we will be forcibly shifting to the young guys to led the team. A long term plan to build a new dynasty team. And reward our old leaders with big pay days at Tassie (?). Amazing if it happens.
Tassie enter the comp in 2028. Nank and Vlas will be 34 years old by then. Can't see a Tassie team trading a first round pick for a 34 year old.

hen how are we getting Brisbane's first?

If that was a day 1 deal, we’re sitting at 1, 6, 13, 20, 21, Graham comp, 41, 66

With Baker & Shai to go.

Would be a fine start.

We should recall Gaspar - offered pick 1 (hodge), he stays, does his knee 12 rounds into 2002, cheerio.

Hey don't forget after they leave the club, they're crap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back