Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Jack Graham

Votes: 54 38.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Michael Turner coach of Geelong Falcons was always bemused with Richmond’s recruiting program. aGeelong Dynasty was built on players from Geelong Falcons but he never got any enquiries about up and coming players from Richmond ! How important- what level of money is required to recruit the best talent for Richmond’s Recruitment Team ?

I remember him saying this.

Then we won 3 flags in 4 years…..

I remember him saying this.

Then we won 3 flags in 4 years…..
Richmond never spoke to turner because turner is chronic overrater of all Geelong falcons players

According to him All of them where going to be champions so we didn’t waste our time asking him what he thought of them

Also always gave the cats the inside running on intel so heck him

After losing an EF with still some generational players out there, the Dogs really should go again and pay up for Jacob Hopper
Interesting prospect especially when we generally consider the Doggies really do thrive in the contest and getting that midfield dominance

Libba is the one who may go under the radar to extent but is essential to giving them that first use
Without him under the packs that aspect will definitely suffer without another bull ready to step in and ready to go

After watching Hawthorn everyone should embrace the rebuild. We will have more picks than they will over the next three years so we could surge harder than them.

They’ve won an elimination final. Let’s not get ahead of ourselves. They aren’t guaranteed to win shit.

We will be down the bottom for a long time

They’ve won an elimination final. Let’s not get ahead of ourselves. They aren’t guaranteed to win shit.

As long as we don't recruit as bad as Norf. Their later picks leave a lot to be desired as do the mature players they draft. Zac Fisher, Dylan Stephens. Wtf are they doing?

As long as we don't recruit as bad as Norf. Their later picks leave a lot to be desired as do the mature players they draft. Zac Fisher, Dylan Stephens. Wtf are they doing?

We need speed and skills all over the park.

I just worry that most of the kids on our list currently won’t be long term. Big pre season coming up for a lot of them

Watched Dylan Stephens play a final for Norwood seniors in his draft year. Would have loved us to take him, looked destined to be a star.

Just shows it’s not hard to get it wrong.

I just worry that most of the kids on our list currently won’t be long term. Big pre season coming up for a lot of them
Definitely a concern. Most of them project as role players at best. I do have hope once we draft our stars these other kids will look better. We don't seem to have plucked a star out of our ass.

Watched Dylan Stephens play a final for Norwood seniors in his draft year. Would have loved us to take him, looked destined to be a star.

Just shows it’s not hard to get it wrong.
Was he always so uncontested though? Works fine at state level, AFL level it's just about terminal.

Awkward Red-Faced GIF by moodman

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Since their last finals win the Hawks had air swings on DGB (6), O’Rourke (Buddy pick), Ty ($hai), Scully, Wingard, Mitchell (ok, Brownlow), Jaeger, Patton, Hartigan, Phillips, Butler, Mohr, Cooper Stephens.
They trod on a lot of rakes on the way to overnight success.
Earliest pick - No.6.

2023 a gem though - Watson, Chol, Ginnivan, Massimo. Very Geelong tbh

Since their last finals win the Hawks had air swings on DGB (6), O’Rourke (Buddy pick), Ty ($hai), Scully, Wingard, Mitchell (ok, Brownlow), Jaeger, Patton, Hartigan, Phillips, Butler, Mohr, Cooper Stephens.
Earliest pick - No.6.

We have a chance to absolutely nail some elite talent next couple of drafts. Can we add the cheap mature talent like they have over next few years?

That's only half of it though, need a good gameplan to suit and complete buy in which the Hawks have.

Earliest pick - No.6.

That was all before Mitchell? Since he arrived, they’ve targeted specific types of players.

Will be interesting to see which way we go, it will give us an understanding of how Yze wants to play

We have a chance to absolutely nail some elite talent next couple of drafts. Can we add the cheap mature talent like they have over next few years?

That's only half of it though, need a good gameplan to suit and complete buy in which the Hawks have.
Will be a fascinating year for Yze.
Expect we’ll be the consensus spoon pick & while that may make judgement a little hard, it shouldn’t excuse scrutiny, especially if our medical room doesn’t look like a surgeon’s tent on the Somme

Buy in is massive and seems it can really give the edge to a “okay” list and give them the ability to match it with anyone

Like our dominant sides, Collingwood and now Hawthron if you can get that alchemy right it can really give a side that edge

This year aside it will be interesting to see if the Hawks can sustain in next year as well

That was all before Mitchell? Since he arrived, they’ve targeted specific types of players.

Will be interesting to see which way we go, it will give us an understanding of how Yze wants to play
Graham Wright time yeah? He’s pretty lauded. Success a thousand fathers etc, but no doubting Mitchell is a stud coach

Will be a fascinating year for Yze.
Expect we’ll be the consensus spoon pick & while that may make judgement a little hard, it shouldn’t excuse scrutiny, especially if our medical room doesn’t look like a surgeon’s tent on the Somme
Yeah think the spoon is nearly in the bag, although generational talent on the line I wouldn't bet against the Eagles.

Next year we need to see the evolution of a game plan and what we are trying to achieve. Similar to Swans game this year where we clearly had a plan and stuck to it and then the injuries hit and we looked lost at sea.

Can live with a 3 or 4 win season if we are developing the kids and the game plan is starting to show.

Yeah think the spoon is nearly in the bag, although generational talent on the line I wouldn't bet against the Eagles.

Next year we need to see the evolution of a game plan and what we are trying to achieve. Similar to Swans game this year where we clearly had a plan and stuck to it and then the injuries hit and we looked lost at sea.

Can live with a 3 or 4 win season if we are developing the kids and the game plan is starting to show.
2010 remains one of my favourite seasons

Hawthorn were also as never as bad as we were this year and likely will be next year. Since 2018 their lowest win season was 5 in 2020 (17 game season) and then Mitchell had 7 and 8 win seasons before this year. We've just had a 2 win season and now 3 of our best players are going to leave, we'll be favourites for the spoon again next year.

It's why I'm not as excited as others about having 58 first rounders. The days of the traditional rebuild are quickly evaporating. If you're shit like we are and will be, your good players leave for bags of cash, no one wants to come to you and you're stuck at the bottom for far longer than you expected.

Big Pre Season - Critical Mass - New Fitness Coach - Reduction in Soft Tissue - ACL's injuries - should we put a bid in for Hawthorns Fitness Coach ?

2010 remains one of my favourite seasons
I've said previously that I'm more excited about where we're at after 12 months under Yze than I was after 12 months under Hardwick and it's because at the moment we don't know who is going to be the next Cotchin Martin Rance & Riewoldt superstar core that the Yze team is built around.

What I do believe though is that we're going to see a very different Richmond in 2025, not just in terms of the line up, but also in the way that we play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back