List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a crappy barb to throw at someone. Maybe's he's a realist... * me, we need more of that around here
You mean we're not getting Nick Daicos

Honestly, if we ended up with two players as good as Taranto and Hopper out of picks 12, 19, 30 and F1 we’d take that every day of the week.

It would be nice to keep one pick but if we give it all up for Taranto and Hopper we still come out way ahead IMO. They’re both ****en awesome (may have spent the weekend on AFL stats page watching all their touches in a game), and are just Richmond type players, run all day, never shy away from the hard stuff, love to tackle and both have real clean hands.

They’re both players I can see winning a BnF in a premiership team. They’re not game breakers like Dusty, Bolton and Cumbers ect… but more like Prestia where they’ll do their work at a high level and just beat sides thru sheer weight of effort and numbers.

The only reason I think maybe we still end up with 19 or our future first is that we must have thought we’d still have one of those picks to give to Freo for Logue

My point is it needs to be scrapped. The league is not there to meddle with players list, drafts etc.

The more pieces the AFL are allowed to touch, the more they are able to manipulate the game. There was a time when I was OK with them having these supreme powers as i trusted them JUST enough to use them wisely. After the past 2 years i have zero trust in this League to hold those powers. Be it 50's umpiringin decisions, the ARC, the draft, coach hirings, salary cap, hard caps - you name it, the AFL has meddled with it over the past 2 years for the worse.

Time for supporters to voice up and let them know. We don't want you meddling anymore until you earn back some trust. From what i have heard the amount of AFL meddling in getting Clarko to Nth was massive. And now they are being handed free picks, players etc. Its always the same s**t with this league. it stinks. No other league does this in the world that i can think of..
I get the argument that it needs to be scrapped, but tell me honestly if we were in Norths position you wouldn't want Richmond putting their hands out for a leg up.

Honestly, if we ended up with two players as good as Taranto and Hopper out of picks 12, 19, 30 and F1 we’d take that every day of the week.

It would be nice to keep one pick but if we give it all up for Taranto and Hopper we still come out way ahead IMO. They’re both *en awesome (may have spent the weekend on AFL stats page watching all their touches in a game), and are just Richmond type players, run all day, never shy away from the hard stuff, love to tackle and both have real clean hands.

They’re both players I can see winning a BnF in a premiership team. They’re not game breakers like Dusty, Bolton and Cumbers ect… but more like Prestia where they’ll do their work at a high level and just beat sides thru sheer weight of effort and numbers.

We do that when we do not win a premiership for 30 plus years.

It is called getting bent over and not using lube either

Last edited:
This league is a total joke.

The league i know that can take picks off you for breaking rules & they can give picks to you for being s**t. This league has WAY TOO MUCH onfield meddling from the league

People need to view this for what it is - North becoming spiritually bankrupt. To get this handout they have to sell their soul to the AFL.

I strongly doubt Nth remains a Victorian based club moving forward. Within a few years either side of the end of Clarko's time at Nth they will be somewhat reolcated, somewhere
You talk as though Richmond have never had a handout. It helps no one being basket cases and North (and their fans) - nor any club - want to be getting handouts, but they need it. We should be very grateful to have the fanbase that we have, but things can turn quickly and footy is pretty heart breaking when your club is on its knees. They havent been rewarded for their shitness, they need help - yes they've made mistakes, but all clubs do and will.

All I see is beaker when Loyd starts flapping his gums. He offers nothing
3878bc5f61230b243e64f8d1fdabd90d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Rance was on the money.

sesame street GIF

I get the argument that it needs to be scrapped, but tell me honestly if we were in Norths position you wouldn't want Richmond putting their hands out for a leg up.
Clubs shouldn't be getting themselves into that position anymore! The Blueprint has been set! They keep ****ing up their development, recruitment and coaching panel! Similar to Essendon! They make dumb choices and get shit results!

History is a great teacher!

Took us 30 odd years before we worked out where we went wrong because we were so stubborn

On SM-S906E using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My point is it needs to be scrapped. The league is not there to meddle with players list, drafts etc.

The more pieces the AFL are allowed to touch, the more they are able to manipulate the game. There was a time when I was OK with them having these supreme powers as i trusted them JUST enough to use them wisely. After the past 2 years i have zero trust in this League to hold those powers. Be it 50's umpiringin decisions, the ARC, the draft, coach hirings, salary cap, hard caps - you name it, the AFL has meddled with it over the past 2 years for the worse.

Time for supporters to voice up and let them know. We don't want you meddling anymore until you earn back some trust. From what i have heard the amount of AFL meddling in getting Clarko to Nth was massive. And now they are being handed free picks, players etc. Its always the same s**t with this league. it stinks. No other league does this in the world that i can think of..

How did you cope seeing Dimma with his new partner at the Brownlow? They were laughing and having a great time with the players - must have been a tough watch for you considering you were adamant Dimma had to leave Richmond due to his divorce.

Remember? The players wouldn't respect him anymore according to you. Also you said he had to leave so the AFL would stop picking on us?

So first it was Dimma had to go so the AFL would like us again but now you're saying it's time to stand up to the AFL? One moment you're happy to knife one of our greatest ever coaches to appease AFL house then within a couple of months you want to storm AFL House who you were so desperate to appease.

You've really outdone yourself here.

Last edited:
Clubs shouldn't be getting themselves into that position anymore! The Blueprint has been set! They keep ******* up their development, recruitment and coaching panel! Similar to Essendon! They make dumb choices and get s**t results!

History is a great teacher!

Took us 30 odd years before we worked out where we went wrong because we were so stubborn

On SM-S906E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Let’s be honest we’re the best blueprint in the league on how to climb the ladder (cats and swans are best for staying up). Patients, invest in recruiting and development and stick to a plan.

But rarely do the media talk about that. Instead they jizz over the quick fixes of Z Williams, D Shiel, A Saad etc… or whinge about equalisation.

Let’s be honest we’re the best blueprint in the league on how to climb the ladder (cats and swans are best for staying up). Patients, invest in recruiting and development and stick to a plan.

But rarely do the media talk about that. Instead they jizz over the quick fixes of Z Williams, D Shiel, A Saad etc… or whinge about equalisation.

Haha... what, find a Dusty. Job done. :D

How did you cope seeing Dimma with his new partner at the Brownlow? They were laughing and having a great time with the players - must have been a tough watch for you considering you were adamant Dimma had to leave Richmond due to his divorce.

Remember? The players wouldn't respect him anymore according to you. Also you said he had to leave so the AFL would stop picking on us?

So first it was Dimma had to go so the AFL would like us again but now you're saying it's time to stand up to the AFL? One moment you're happy to knife one of our greatest ever coaches to appease AFL house then within a couple of months you want to storm AFL House who you were so desperate to appease.

You've really outdone yourself here.
Excited Loop GIF

Roksman goes bang

We were. And Ben Gale said no.

Absolute Legend is Benny!
Spot on. I remember clearly Benny being asked the question in Dimma’s first year as coach when we were down the bottom and we were being compared to Fitzroy etc.

He pretty much said no way. We got ourselves in that mess and we’ll get ourselves out without free handouts and that’s exactly what we did.

John Ralph said on the Couch Pies pushing for it, we have to get Grundy's salary off the books.

Would a lovely club to go to if your a player, makes me look like a saint. When it does not suit them they railroad you
we should get grundy and make pies pay his contract

we'd back to back with grundy and nank swapping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back