List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
how does that effect what our players think.. loyalty ??
just a question..

What do you think may happen??? open to your thoughts cause I think I might be missing what you are suggesting
I don't know what could happen? culture, different if he ask to go to if if we ask him to go. If we asked him to go how does that effect the team?? what do you think?

I don't know what could happen? culture, different if he ask to go to if if we ask him to go. If we asked him to go how does that effect the team?? what do you think?
we do not have to ask him to go.

Dimma wants him apparently and if he goes he goes, it is his choice and he has options. The players are not cattle we lock up before slaughter, they are allowed to live their own lives

what culture are you worried about??

I would probably look at holding on to McIntosh for a few reasons including culture. I am no expert either just a perception. He is versatile and can play a few roles not displacing anyone. I am not sure many other clubs are chasing him, if I am wrong, so be it. He seems good for culture in the sense he is a little different and like Dusty helps lighten up the place. and he can help the kids privide a stronger body in support etc.. he is fit and does not get injured so his presence is more valuable to and he seems more down to earth in terms of his own projections from suggestions promoted

Last edited:

We are not getting two forest rounders for Rioli.
I don’t care who started this bullshit, but it’s just not happening.
I don't think it's that far-fetched. GC don't want more kids. They want to put some experienced heads around them similar to what GWS did with Mummy and Shaw.

Their first will get eaten by a Lombard bid anyway unless they can do a deal to trade up, and that's unlikely given they'll need future picks for their academy kids next year.

I dont think he would to be honest
I think Yze has been better for his game than Dimma, but that may just be natural development that I'm incorrectly attributing to the change of coach.

Not sure how tight they are, but it was mentioned a little while ago (I forget where) that GC wanted both Riolis.

tiger_tough Rioli leaving might get us in the ballpark of FOS and Smith/Lalor

secret smell GIF

Don't really see that message either.

think decisions are a little mor sophisticated and considered than that and frankly best interests for many parties taken into account

would not even think it is case by case, more circumstances of players and the clubs and other options to help everybodies lives.

No one has nine lives like cats so you have to make the most of it while you can otherwise others set you back
I think if we are prepared to trade out premiership players who are contracted that's exactly the message it sends and it's a good one. Dig in, get success and then get paid appropriately elsewhere if our window closes. That is the sort of thing that attracts players to buy in at a club.

Think it’s 10 and 20. He stated the latter was the pick traded on from north which is an early second rounder

I’ve said this previously and got ridiculed, but only because people have no imagination so to remind you …. GC have 7,8,20 at the moment.

I would say we will trade Rioli for picks 7 and 8, in return for us paying $1.2m of his salary from 2025-27.

Allows GC to retain the rest of their list by off-setting cost, and gets us a 2 x top-10 picks instead of one.

Then if Baker and Graham go, we have 2, 7, 8, 12 (Baker), 22, 34, 39 (Graham compo) 40, 41, and 52. If AFL don’t screw us with a new points system, we end up with:

2, 7, 8, 12, 17 (Carlton points swap), 22 and 34.

We then manoeuvre a couple of picks into 2025, to ensure we can have 2 x great drafts in a row and not put all eggs into 2024 draft.

7 and 8 for Rioli and $1.2m in cap relief for GC.
That’s how you think outside the square and get ahead of the game! 7 and 8 for a 28yo who has helped win us 3 x flags. Now that’s good business.

Ps. I’d do the same with Baker but he’s out of contract so not sure we can offer to pay some of his salary for better picks … but I’ll be disappointed if we don’t at least explore that option as well!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If Gold Coast has been anything with their list management, it's stupid

It’s not stupid for GC. It’s big overs, but D Rioli is what they desperately need, and would be seen as one of the final pieces of the puzzle to make finals and contend for a flag from 2025-2028. GC don’t need more kids - they need elite quality in specific positions of the ground, half back being one of them.

What price a flag? 2 x top-20 picks is chicken feed if Rioli makes the difference. Same way as Cats paid a huge price for Cameron … he was 28yo, but he got them a flag so the price paid was irrelevant.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

we do not have to ask him to go.

Dimma wants him apparently and if he goes he goes, it is his choice and he has options. The players are not cattle we lock up before slaughter, they are allowed to live their own lives

what culture are you worried about??

I would probably look at holding on to McIntosh for a few reasons including culture. I am no expert either just a perception. He is versatile and can play a few roles not displacing anyone. I am not sure many other clubs are chasing him, if I am wrong, so be it. He seems good for culture in the sense he is a little different and like Dusty helps lighten up the place. and he can help the kids privide a stronger body in support etc.. he is fit and does not get injured so his presence is more valuable to and he seems more down to earth in terms of his own projections from suggestions promoted
Smartest post you’ve made Magic.

tiger_tough Rioli leaving might get us in the ballpark of FOS and Smith/Lalor
Might need two top-3 picks to get FOS and Lalor.

Guys, I wouldn't count on getting Carlton's first. Both Camporeales outside the top 20 for mine.

And You Don't Trade Riolis. If GC are desperate enough to offer 7 and 20 for Daniel, they'll give us 20 for Short. I'd much rather that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Daniel does leave my guess is that Maurice would go with him.

If that situation occurred I'd be pushing for both their top 10 picks, perhaps with something going back the other way to even things up.
I really don't think it's a given. Maurice could also stand on his own two feet and GC have to actively want/accept him in that scenario.

I do see Dan leaving however

Guys, I wouldn't count on getting Carlton's first. Both Camporeales outside the top 20 for mine.

And You Don't Trade Riolis. If GC are desperate enough to offer 7 and 20 for Daniel, they'll give us 20 for Short. I'd much rather that.
Way too early to understand what any deal with GC would end up. In theory GC would want to ensure they have points to draft Lombard and could offer any combination of their picks for Rioli, points from our later picks and part of Rioli’ s salary. In theory we could take all 3 of their first rounders and give them Rioli and his salary cap relief plus points for Lombard.

What about 28 year old ones with sus angles for 2x1st rounders?

Goes against what I've said previously but I am more open to trading away our senior players following the proposed changers to the draft system that came out today. The ability to trade away cap space for picks is a incentive to tank and with contract situations (Baker), Dimma connection (Rioli) and Freo being desperate (Bolton) it might be the right time to blow it up especially given we are starting next season 4 players down with ACL injuries and Lynch is a complete unknown right now with his inability to stay fit.

With that in mind:
Trade 1 - Rioli to GC for Picks 7 and 20, exchange of later picks for points. Could pay large portion of his salary to balance things out.
Trade 2 - Bolton to Freo for picks 12, 13, 15 and future first. Could pay large portion of his salary to balance things out.
Trade 3 - Baker and Pick 12 via Freo to West Coast for pick 3.

At minimum head to draft with Pick 2, 3, 7, 13, 15, 20.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back