List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suspect we will only be willing to lose one of Baker and Dan Rioli, not both.

If you're going to lose one you may as well lose the other and commit to rebuilding, same goes for Bolton.

Dusty may leave or retire, Lynch is an unknown with his body and we have four guys contracted for next season who will miss the first half of the season with ACL injuries. Next season is nearly already a right off.

Who do you fancy?
Who i'd like and who we could get would be worlds apart.

The only gettable one I would consider is Jack Lukosius, so say Pick 7 and Jack is a better deal to me than Pick 7 and 20.

I keep reading about drafting KPP high in this draft and I'd like to know who they are? From all that I've been reading this draft is flush full of decent mids. Don't really want to waste a pick in our teens if it means we can get the same player with a late 20's or early 30's pick.

Edit: Whitlock brothers - look to be late 1st rounders.
Dim Sim is our man.

Sims’ sizzling three-goal day catches the eye

I’ll be shattered if the Rioli’s leave

They are Richmond through and through..

would have to be an epic deal to calm me down

Not sure about the Riolis being through and through? I think the club has gone way above and beyond for both over the journey.
Maurice Senior definitely wasn't through and through!!! He arrived in 82 on the biggest salary in history to that point. He was on more than triple the salary of Captain and 3 x BnF winner Geoff Raines who was pushed aside to accommodate Rioli... not great but ok. Raines and others justifiably were p1ssed off at being paid as paupers while Rioli was paid a Kings ransome. The club wouldn't give them a brass razoo so Raines, Cloke, Wood, etc justifiably left for greener pastures.

Rioli not satisfied with being the highest paid player in the entire comp for 82, 83, 84, 85 then walked out on the club ditching us for Edelstones superior offer (ultimately fell over for various reasons) he came back half way through the year after holding the club over a barrel for even more money and was gone so long he had to swap jumper no. 27, and played bloody ordinary during 86 and 87. At the end of that contract the club was on the bones of their arse and seeing he'd played ordinarily offered him a lower contract which he then rejected for more money to go to WA.

Sure he was a really good player for 3 or 4 years but eventually his arrival led to the demise of the club as all our other players noses were out of joint causing an exodus and trade war that bankrupted the Tigers and Pies. If you want to know a true Through and Through heart and soul Tiger it's Flea Weightman. One club champion who was offered almost 4 times his salary by the paper baggers and a McDonalds franchise. He fronted the club who told him they were broke and wish they could pay him more and wouldn't begrudge him leaving. Instead he stuck fat and to this day volunteers his time and efforts for the club and is an absolute legend should you ever have a yarn with.

As for MRJ it was reported over 2 months ago he was about to re-sign. He's not worth big coin and has had plenty of time on his hands to get it done. I'm betting both are at Gold Coast next year. 2 x 1st rounders for Daniel is a bonanza. I'd settle for a 3rd rounder for MRJ but beings they're flush with picks a 2nd rounder would be phenomenal. HBF are easily replaced. And MRJ's output has been minimal.

Last edited:
Better club in general.
$$$$ off field potential.

The only downer is that he will be 27 next year...can they win one in 5 years?
Freo have more of a chance in the next 5 IMO.

Arriving at 27 I am not sure the off field stuff would apply to him as much.

Surely he wants a shot a finals before he retires. Freo to me is a club that could jump fast with their list.

Not sure about the Riolis being through and through? I think the club has gone way above and beyond for both over the journey.
Maurice Senior definitely wasn't through and through!!! He arrived in 82 on the biggest salary in history to that point. He was on more than triple the salary of Captain and 3 x BnF winner Geoff Raines who was pushed aside to accommodate Rioli... not great but ok. Raises and others justifiably were p1ssed off at being paid as paupers while Rioli was paid a Kings ransome. The club wouldn't give them a brass razoo so Raines, Close, Wood, etc justifiably left for greener pastures.

Rioli not satisfied with being the highest paid player in the entire comp for 82, 83, 84, 85 then walked out on the club ditching us for Edelstones superior offer (ultimately fell over for various reasons) he came back half way through the year after holding the club over a barrel for even more money and was gone so long he had to swap jumper no. 27, and played bloody ordinary during 86 and 87. At the end of that contract the club was on the bones of their arse and seeing he'd played ordinarily offered him a lower contract which he then rejected for more money to go to WA.

Sure he was a really good player for 3 or 4 years but eventually his arrival led to the demise of the club as all our other players noses were out of joint causing an exodus and trade war that bankrupted the Tigers and Pies. If you want to know a true Through and Through heart and soul Tiger it's Flea Weightman. One club champion who was offered almost 4 times his salary by the paper baggers and a McDonalds franchise. He fronted the club who told him they were broke and wish they could pay him more and wouldn't begrudge him leaving. Instead he stuck fat and to this day volunteers his time and efforts for the club and is an absolute legend should you ever have a yarn with.

As for MRJ it was reported over 2 months ago he was about to re-sign. He's not worth big coin and has had plenty of time on his hands to get it done. I'm betting both are at Gold Coast next year. 2 x 1st rounders for Daniel is a bonanza. I'd settle for a 3rd rounder for MRJ but beings they're flush with picks a 2nd rounder would be phenomenal. HBF are easily replaced. And MRJ's output has been minimal.
Ooft would disagree there on MRJ, would want to hold onto him 💯 only just starting to reap the rewards of our investment in him, we'd lose him for unders.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who i'd like and who we could get would be worlds apart.

The only gettable one I would consider is Jack Lukosius, so say Pick 7 and Jack is a better deal to me than Pick 7 and 20.
Prefer the option if suns trade Luko to crows which is very likely for pick 4.
Suns then trade 4/7 & 20 too us for 2 & Rioli. They want too pay as little for what's his name as possible.
Then get Brisbanes 1st(6)points
Bakes to Freo(15)
Carltons 1st (17)Points
What a draft hand
4/6/7/15/17/20

Suns then trade 4/7 & 20 too us for 2 & Rioli. They want too pay as little for what's his name as possible.
Bakes to Freo(15)
Carltons 1st (17)Points
What a draft hand
4/6/7/15/17/20
I mean, if that was even remotely possible it would be pretty amazing.

Maurice Senior definitely wasn't through and through!!! He arrived in 82 on the biggest salary in history to that point. He was on more than triple the salary of Captain and 3 x BnF winner Geoff Raines who was pushed aside to accommodate Rioli... not great but ok. Raises and others justifiably were p1ssed off at being paid as paupers while Rioli was paid a Kings ransome. The club wouldn't give them a brass razoo so Raines, Close, Wood, etc justifiably left for greener pastures.

Holy shit, thanks for that.. I was born in 85 so I don’t know all about the history back then so I appreciate the back story Richo 👍

Be over the moon if we got 2 first rounders for Daniel and very disappointed if only a 3rd rounder for MRJ.. even a 2nd
I reckon he showed some elite signs before he got injured

As soft a KPF as you’ll see, huge pass from me
He's not a KPF, he's a HBF. A soft one. Dimma will punt him, probably to one of the SA clubs.

Kicks goals and is flexible. He wouldnt be your no 1, but is fine as the no 2. Pick 20 is a lottery.
He's barely a number 3. And he can't kick.

Arriving at 27 I am not sure the off field stuff would apply to him as much.

Surely he wants a shot a finals before he retires. Freo to me is a club that could jump fast with their list.
Bakes was a mad Weagles fan I think. If you were 27 and had offers to play for Richmond and Geelong would you consider their current ladder positions? Eagles can pay him more too I reckon.

Bakes to Freo(15)
Carltons 1st (17)Points
What a draft hand
4/6/7/15/17/20
Why would we do 4,7 & 20 for 2 & Rioli when they're reportedly offering 7 & 20 for Rioli.

You day drinking again?

Bakes to Freo(15)
Carltons 1st (17)Points
What a draft hand
4/6/7/15/17/20
Lol, no one's paying pick 4 for Atrosious. 24 and say thank you.

Brisbane's first will be in the teens, they'll make the semis.

Holy shit, thanks for that.. I was born in 85 so I don’t know all about the history back then so I appreciate the back story Richo 👍

Be over the moon if we got 2 first rounders for Daniel and very disappointed if only a 3rd rounder for MRJ.. even a 2nd
I reckon he showed some elite signs before he got injured
Keep Junior. He's what, 22?

He's not a KPF, he's a HBF. A soft one. Dimma will punt him, probably to one of the SA clubs.

Bakes was a mad Weagles fan I think. If you were 27 and had offers to play for Richmond and Geelong would you consider their current ladder positions? Eagles can pay him more too I reckon.
He's a great no 2 with a KPF and resting ruck. He is a proven goal kicker

I dont know how much who they supported as kids means when they make their decisions. I can only really think of Higgins, but he was a pea brain.

Was in the stands at the MCG in an eagles jumper celebrating their GF win. Mad eagles fan.

I mean, if that was even remotely possible it would be pretty amazing.
Well it wouldn't be entirely out of the question considering where we're at atm.
The nagging thing about the Rioli situation is why was there media about him visiting Dimma?
Fair enough if it was Dusty and due respect too Dan btw

He's a great no 2 with a KPF and resting ruck. He is a proven goal kicker

I dont know how much who they supported as kids means when they make their decisions. I can only really think of Higgins, but he was a pea brain.
When has Atrosious played no.2? That's Ben King's role. Casboult/Corbett/Walter have been no.1.

He's soft and he can't kick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back