List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yes they do.

2023 Fremantle rd 1 - likely about pick 15 in the end.

2024 Collingwood rd 1 - Likely around pick 9.

2024 Port Adelaide rd 1 - likely around say pick 12.

2025 Fremantle rd 1 - expected value w/Bolton + half wage paid = pick 17.

How much do you want to win your first flag Fremantle? There is only one Shai Bolton in the AFL and this is your only chance to get him soon enough to get 6 or so high class years out of him, without having to make player cuts.

Bolton w/50% of his current contract paid for them, we want all 4 rd 1 picks, and maybe we send back a couple of rd 2 picks. If the value of this year's picks continues to increase then maybe we just take those 3 and nothing going back.
I reckon Freo are pretty keen to get Warner, if they go all in on Shai, you know he is staying.

I reckon Freo are pretty keen to get Warner, if they go all in on Shai, you know he is staying.

Warner would cost them their 3 x 2023 rd 1 picks at least and a near $1.5m contract.

Bolton might cost similar or a bit more in picks, but we would likely pay half his salary for 4 years, so they are something like $8-900k better off for cap space by getting Bolton compared to Warner.

Bolton is a classic flag play for them. If they get Warner they lose all the key picks anyway and players start getting squeezed out before they have even won anything.

Kane also talked about how our supporters only turn up when we win even though we boast the 4th highest attendance this year and sit on 2 wins
Loves pulling things out of thin air
Top 4 in memberships, top 4 in attendance averages.

Not bad for 18th and only 2 wins. Oppo all melting over 1 bad attendance game. Give us a break flogs.

Also love Carlton fans on their moral high ground, acting like they have always been there LMAO

Carlolton Memberships over last 10 years

1721105512603.png

Last edited:

kane on sen said bolton is talking to other clubs and is meeting with richmond this week
Why do people listen to Clickbait Kane?

Warner would cost them their 3 x 2023 rd 1 picks at least and a near $1.5m contract.

Bolton might cost similar or a bit more in picks, but we would likely pay half his salary for 4 years, so they are something like $8-900k better off for cap space by getting Bolton compared to Warner.

Bolton is a classic flag play for them. If they get Warner they lose all the key picks anyway and players start getting squeezed out before they have even won anything.
Given the choice, everyone picks Warner, and I love Bolton, but Warner is the better play for them regardless.

We definitely need to let one of Baker, Rioli or Bolton go.

Baker has all the speculation but is a heart and sole type and onfield leader with his attack at the ball. Seems a big loss for a pick in the teens. If Steely keeps doing what he did this weekend though maybe we have a lookalike replacement.

Bolton nets us the biggest return. Absolutely a top 10 pick and something else to sweeten the deal. He gets people through the gates though and is hitting his prime now so it would need to be a big deal for us to consider.

Rioli is the one for me who I think can be traded out. He's one of the best HBFs in the league, run and drive with creativity- exactly what GCS need so again they'll overpay to get him in and we can also pay some wages to bump up his price given their cap squeeze. He can be replaced though and allows a top draftee to slot into a flank and get game time before moving to the mid.

The goal should be to have 3x top 15 picks and the only way we can achieve that is by letting one of them go.

Bolton has kicked 26 goals in 16-games. Next best Mansell on 14. So Bolton is on his way to nearly a 40-goal season as a small fwd / mid in the bottom team.

So i don’t think it’s much of a stretch to suggest it could easily be a 50-goal season in a better team.

This includes the fact he spends some time in midfield and gets clearances.

So with Lynch unable to get on the park, Lefau coming back from an ACL, Dusty close to the end, Cumberland a fail, Kosi a work in progress and our other small forwards not prolific goal kickers (yet), why on earth would we trade out our only reliable goalkicker who is 25yo and has loads of upside?

If Bolton goes, Dusty retires and Lynch is injured, we may have some games next year where we actually don’t make it to 10-points… for the match!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Kane also talked about how our supporters only turn up when we win even though we boast the 4th highest attendance this year and sit on 2 wins
Loves pulling things out of thin air
1721106522772.jpeg
Kano can heck off. His own club played with tarps over half the seats for his whole career

Bolton won't be getting $700k it will be more like $1m + with us paying half. So they might get him for $5-600k realistically. Warner will be wanting $1.3-$1.4m.

There is nothing unrealistic about any of that.
I dont agree any of that mate, not one part of it is realistic to me at all.

Bolton won't be getting $700k it will be more like $1m + with us paying half. So they might get him for $5-600k realistically. Warner will be wanting $1.3-$1.4m.

There is nothing unrealistic about any of that.
Agree not with the 30% increase in salary cap.

Thats why the numbers being thrown around for Josh Battle is 900k lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dont agree any of that mate, not one part of it is realistic to me at all.

So you don't believe Warner would get offered $1.3-1.4m pa to play at Dockers(or another club?)

And

You don't agree that Bolton would be paid $1m plus if he was traded to Fremantle?

And

You don't agree that Richmond would be amenable to paying part of that Bolton for salary if they could be suitably induced?

Like it is not like you are saying you don't agree with all of those things being realistic. You are saying none of them are realistic.

So what are your values for:

1 Warner contract offer pa
2 Bolton's salary to move?
3 The value of say an extra rd 1 draft pick to Richmond in the even they pay half the remainder of Bolton's contract?

What would be people think if we did a trade of

1, 21, 35 & 39 to the Suns for 7, 8, 20 & 27

Suns would get ahead of a Lombard bid and would be able to match with the points left over from their other picks.

We'd get 2 cracks at the top 10 kids and minimum of 4 picks in the first 2 rounds before any other trades were done.
I think we’re getting stiffed a bit there , prob need to throw in a player too

There is a lot of sense in us paying a big chunk of Bolton and Rioli's salary for the next 3 years if it gets us the draft picks we need.

In my dreams, I would love it if we could achieve this:

• Bolton + Baker + 21 to Fremantle in exchange for picks 9, 13 and 15.
  • Rioli + multiple late picks to the Suns in exchange for picks 7 and 8
  • Short or Graham to Port for pick 33

That would give us 1, 7, 8, 9, 13, 15, 33, 35.

We get pick 1 again the following year when we finish dead last. Martin and Lynch are both retired ($$$) and we go to the draft and free agency.

There is a lot of sense in us paying a big chunk of Bolton and Rioli's salary for the next 3 years if it gets us the draft picks we need.

In my dreams, I would love it if we could achieve this:

• Bolton + Baker + 21 to Fremantle in exchange for picks 9, 13 and 15.
  • Rioli + multiple late picks to the Suns in exchange for picks 7 and 8
  • Short or Graham to Port for pick 33

That would give us 1, 7, 8, 9, 13, 15, 33, 35.

We get pick 1 again the following year when we finish dead last. Martin and Lynch are both retired ($$$) and we go to the draft and free agency.
IF that did happen i think we would need to move some picks into next year

What would be people think if we did a trade of

1, 21, 35 & 39 to the Suns for 7, 8, 20 & 27

Suns would get ahead of a Lombard bid and would be able to match with the points left over from their other picks.

We'd get 2 cracks at the top 10 kids and minimum of 4 picks in the first 2 rounds before any other trades were done.
Haha

I said something similar and got the same response. Glad someone sees the same as me, thought i had lost the plot.

I understand that pick 1 gives you the chance to get the player you want, my concern is there just doesnt appear to be a standout so surely 2 picks inside the top 10 is better.

Some said pick 7,8 & 20 for pick 1 would be ok, i think Gold Coast would consider that overs though.

So you don't believe Warner would get offered $1.3-1.4m pa to play at Dockers(or another club?)

And

You don't agree that Bolton would be paid $1m plus if he was traded to Fremantle?

And

You don't agree that Richmond would be amenable to paying part of that Bolton for salary if they could be suitably induced?

Like it is not like you are saying you don't agree with all of those things being realistic. You are saying none of them are realistic.

So what are your values for:

1 Warner contract offer pa
2 Bolton's salary to move?
3 The value of say an extra rd 1 draft pick to Richmond in the even they pay half the remainder of Bolton's contract?

I dont believe we would pay 50% of Boltons contract, that is ludicrous, has that ever happened?

I do think Shai would be on near a mill

I dont think Warner would be on 1.3 -1.4 mill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back