List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of Banter that Smillie is to be our number 1 pick - he didnt make the All AUstralian u18 team - WTF ?
We are 4 months out from the draft and plenty will happen between now and then. No way we’ve locked on a player yet, nor would we assume we have pick 1. (Which I think will end up belonging to West Coast anyway)

Neither did Rozee and he's probably the best in his draft and captain of his club.

Rozee is a fine player, but if draft was redone these players from that draft would go ahead of him:

Walsh
Rankine
B King
Blakey
Butters

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Rozee is a fine player, but if draft was redone these players from that draft would go ahead of him:

Walsh
Rankine
B King
Blakey
Butters

King definitely, the rest maybe, but you could mount an argument.

Walsh
Rankine
B King
Blakey
Butters

Clayton Oliver wasn't even selected for the Champs, let alone selected AA.

In fact, he had only played a few games for the season at this point in his top age year.

Walsh
Rankine
B King
Blakey
Butters

1. Blakey
2. Rozee
3. B King
4. Butters (massive sook so heck him)
5. Walsh is the most overrated player in the comp.
6 Rankin - too inconsistent

Where is the info coming from that we rate Ashcroft the best player in this draft? 😂

It ain’t true. He’s in the top echelon no doubt. But no, not number one.
Could be this. Force Brisbane to trade with us without tampering
The smart thing for us to do is to tell anyone and everyone that we rate Ashcroft the highest, as it increases our negotiating power with Brisbane for their pick.

Difference between pick 1 and 2 bid is another 500 points they won't have to find.

1. Blakey
2. Rozee
3. B King
4. Butters (massive sook so heck him)
5. Walsh is the most overrated player in the comp.
6 Rankin - too inconsistent

Rankine too inconsistent?

What planet are you living on? He is the 5th highest rated player in the AFL this season, and has been consistently superb. He is as good as any player from that draft and there are some brilliant players in the top 10 or so. There are arguments to say Rankine is as good as any player going around right now.

Levi Ashcroft, like his brother wont be the best player in his draft.

They are good players with incredible numbers, but I can't remember the smoke being blown up a pair as much as these two.

Levi is inferior to Will imo, simply due to shoddy disposal at times.

Sanders bettered both of them and in every stat possible, in a similar build, athletic profile, role and in exactly the same CTL side. He played underage with Will and top age with Levi. He went at Pick 6 and will be a fantastic player. But he's no Harley Reid or McKercher. Levi is no Smillie, FOS or maybe even Langford either.

Levi and Will are very comparable to Jagga Smith in game style, the narrative around Jagga is very different than those two.

That's fine. I'm not saying it's my rating as I've got no idea, I'm just saying that we believe he is number 1 right now.

All those other names have been good since day 1, Rankine hs come god this year, with only flashes of brilliance until now.

Here are the average career ratings of the top players from the 2018 draft:

Butters 12.6
Walsh 11.95
Rozee 11.17
Rankine 11.1
Rowbottom 10.73
B Smith 10.23
Blakey 10.17
Thomas 10.13
Caldwell 9.25
Quaynor 8.38
Lucosius 8.36
M King 7.58
B King 6.32

So in terms of output over his career, Rankine is right up there with the best of them. Remember too he played deep forward for a lot of the early period in his career and as you can see from the King boys, it is not easy to accumulate ratings points doing that.

Rankine is and always has been a dynamite player. He faced as many headwinds as any of these players including major injury. His last 2 seasons if played for Geelong FC, automatic All Australian. Compare them to when Stengle got selected in 2022, and Rankine was playing mainly forward in much weaker teams.

It is amazing people still don't seem to realise just how significant a player Rankine is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Butters 12.6
Walsh 11.95
Rozee 11.17
Rankine 11.1
Rowbottom 10.73
B Smith 10.23
Blakey 10.17
Thomas 10.13
Caldwell 9.25
Quaynor 8.38
Lucosius 8.36
M King 7.58
B King 6.32

So in terms of output over his career, Rankine is right up there with the best of them. Remember too he played deep forward for a lot of the early period in his career and as you can see from the King boys, it is not easy to accumulate ratings points doing that.

Rankine is and always has been a dynamite player. He faced as many headwinds as any of these players including major injury. His last 2 seasons if played for Geelong FC, automatic All Australian. Compare them to when Stengle got selected in 2022, and playing mainly forward in much weaker teams.

It is amazing people still don't seem to realise just how significant a player Rankine is.
Wonder what Thomas' harassing women rating is. Higher or lower than the playing one :$

Butters 12.6
Walsh 11.95
Rozee 11.17
Rankine 11.1
Rowbottom 10.73
B Smith 10.23
Blakey 10.17
Thomas 10.13
Caldwell 9.25
Quaynor 8.38
Lucosius 8.36
M King 7.58
B King 6.32

Rankine is and always has been a dynamite player. He faced as many headwinds as any of these players including major injury. His last 2 seasons if played for Geelong FC, automatic All Australian. Compare them to when Stengle got selected in 2022, and Rankine was playing mainly forward in much weaker teams.

Bro I am going to level with you, I hate your ranking obsession, its ****ed, ****ing ****ed.

Love you though ok

Bro I am going to level with you, I hate your ranking obsession, its ****ed, ****ing ****ed.

Love you though ok
Chimp Data

Monkey Presentation GIF

Love you though ok

You can't help it Morro. :)

Tell me what order you would put these players in and what system you use to arrive at that order.

In simple terms, Rankine is averaging 19 disposals and 2 goals per game this season. And 0.9 goal assists. His tackles and pressure acts are at a very decent level as well 3.6 and 19.8. He has a brilliant impactful all round game and uses the ball very well as well.

Whatever you think of the ratings system, it definitely does not give players credit for doing nothing so if you are near the top of the ratings you are a very productive player.

You can't help it Morro. :)

Tell me what order you would put these players in and what system you use to arrive at that order.

In simple terms, Rankine is averaging 19 disposals and 2 goals per game this season. And 0.9 goal assists. His tackles and pressure acts are at a very decent level as well 3.6 and 19.8. He has a brilliant impactful all round game and uses the ball very well as well.

Whatever you think of the ratings system, it definitely does not give players credit for doing nothing so if you are near the top of the ratings you are a very productive player.
I dont disagree on Rankine's 2024 season, I said as such.

I would have King at 1
blanket over the rest, which is kinda what i said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back