List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I can tell you we rate Ashcroft as the best player in the draft.
You can tell me. I can not believe you.

That's fine. I'm not saying it's my rating as I've got no idea, I'm just saying that we believe he is number 1 right now.
What's your source?

I dont disagree on Rankine's 2024 season, I said as such.

I would have King at 1
blanket over the rest, which is kinda what i said.
Ben King? At 1?

No.

Just.

No.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where TF did that come from?
Chris Farley Idk GIF

Done. Pick 1 for Butters.
nah. 7 and 8 though.....:think:

Pick #1 alone ain’t getting Butters. Pick #1 and the pick we get for Baker (around 14) for Butters? Not sure even that would be enough…….

But I can’t see him choosing Tigers if he did want out… and you’d need 2 x top-10 picks to even get a seat at the table - he’s in the best handful of players in the comp.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

No to Butters if that's true. 24 soon, we're probably 4 years minimum off contending, and he may have knee issues later in his career.

I am not giving up pick 1 and another high pick that we need for our rebuild. Unless we're trading in Butters, King, and someone else all together NOW, no to bothering with any trades.

All those other names have been good since day 1, Rankine has come good this year, with only flashes of brilliance until now.
I was a big proponent of the idea that we should have thrown our hat in the ring for Rankine back when he was leaving the Gold Coast. In hindsight he was always going to Adelaide but I was pretty confident he was going to become one of the best players in the league as I knew a move to the midfield was inevitable.
As fans we can get stuck in the 'now' a fair bit though.

I think its two key forwards he said we're targeting. Going by SleepingGiant's info one of them could be Max King.
It is but I am not sold on him. Doesn't have the strength through the legs of a Hawkins or Lynch who are similar sized KPFs and I doubt he is going to ever be as good as a Riewoldt type. I would rather we see what we grow ourselves for 3 years then target our needs.

No to Butters if that's true. 24 soon, we're probably 4 years minimum off contending, and he may have knee issues later in his career.

I am not giving up pick 1 and another high pick that we need for our rebuild. Unless we're trading in Butters, King, and someone else all together NOW, no to bothering with any trades.
Yep need to hit the draft for a few years, even then we should be looking at a FA. 2018/19 we're strong drafts with their FA years in 26/27 which is ideal for us if we nail the next 3 drafts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back