List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is but I am not sold on him. Doesn't have the strength through the legs of a Hawkins or Lynch who are similar sized KPFs and I doubt he is going to ever be as good as a Riewoldt type. I would rather we see what we grow ourselves for 3 years then target our needs.
He is far more agile than those 2, very different types IMO.

At his best, he is a very very good player and I think people forget how young these bros are. They played from day 1 which has clouded expectations IMO.

No to Butters if that's true. 24 soon, we're probably 4 years minimum off contending, and he may have knee issues later in his career.

I am not giving up pick 1 and another high pick that we need for our rebuild. Unless we're trading in Butters, King, and someone else all together NOW, no to bothering with any trades.

I’d do pick #1 and #14 for Butters in a heartbeat. The chance of either of those picks becoming as good as Butters is very, very remote. And Butters is exactly the type of fleet footed midfielder with great skills and decision making we need.

A midfield mix of Butters, TT, Hopper and Bolton is capable of taking us places immediately. It won’t happen, but if one of the very best players in the comp who is 23yo chooses your team you make it happen.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I’d do pick #1 and #14 for Butters in a heartbeat. The chance of either of those picks becoming as good as Butters is very, very remote. And Butters is exactly the type of fleet footed midfielder with great skills and decision making we need.

A midfield mix of Butters, TT, Hopper and Bolton is capable of taking us places immediately. It won’t happen, but if one of the very best players in the comp who is 23yo chooses your team you make it happen.

If we're going down that type we might as well keep 1 and take Jagga and get 6 xtra years out of him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is but I am not sold on him. Doesn't have the strength through the legs of a Hawkins or Lynch who are similar sized KPFs and I doubt he is going to ever be as good as a Riewoldt type. I would rather we see what we grow ourselves for 3 years then target our needs.
I think he'd be a good fit, but my concern is that the only way we could possibly get the Saints to let him go would be with pick 1 and I'm not keen to give it up.

Rozee is a fine player, but if draft was redone these players from that draft would go ahead of him:

Walsh
Rankine
B King
Blakey
Butters

1 Blakey
2 Walsh
3 Butters - major weapon
4 Rozee
5 Rankin
five players who are bloody hard to rank.

I think he'd be a good fit, but my concern is that the only way we could possibly get the Saints to let him go would be with pick 1 and I'm not keen to give it up.
I'd give up on the current regime if they trade pick 1 to top up. FA is where to get the players not trade when we are/should be rebuilding.

I'd give up on the current regime if they trade pick 1 to top up. FA is where to get the players not trade when we are/should be rebuilding.
I don't think Max King would be a top up as such. He's only just turned 24 and 200cm blokes generally take a bit longer.

But pick 1 is too much to pay for him.

Chris Farley Idk GIF

nah. 7 and 8 though.....:think:
Butters a proven A grader. Better than pick 1 raffle.

If we're going down that type we might as well keep 1 and take Jagga and get 6 xtra years out of him.
jagga is a very good prospect but not proven at AFL level. Butters is a star and talk of him going missing or being soft is bullshite.

Butters a proven A grader. Better than pick 1 raffle.
"Hey Butters. You know that team you've been indoctrinated to hate for the past six years that's dead last on the ladder? Wanna go play for 'em?"

He'd cost pick 1 and then some, IF you could convince him to come to us. Which you couldn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back