List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'll be honest... I'd prefer pick 2 or 3. Especially this year. No spoon and every chance that anyone within the top 3 or 5 will be better than the guy at pick 1. We seem unlikely to win again though unless we beat GC in the last round.
Yeah, my thoughts entirely PC.

There doesn't appear to be a standout Harley Reid this draft, so I'd prefer to avoid the stain and stigma of a spoon and let some other club bear the burden of getting Pick #1 absolutely right.

#2 or #3 will do me fine.

There doesn't appear to be a standout Harley Reid this draft, so I'd prefer to avoid the stain and stigma of a spoon and let some other club bear the burden of getting Pick #1 absolutely right.

Agree

Agree but don't want to finish above WC. They'll bend us over on Baker. Doubt they're a pushover like Norf were

do lions have enough points for levi if we bid pick 1?

Technically they do not have enough points to match a pick inside top 6 but of course can go into deficit. They currently have 1388 points which equals 1735 after the discount.

Currently Freos 2nd pick, our 3rd and Eagles 3rd is equal to 1380 points. If Brisbane have 4 or more list spots available it would be in their interest to trade with us. The value of those picks is going to be between 1306 and 1552 (assuming Freo don’t finish lower than 11th).

The best way for us to obtain Brisbanes first is for Brisbane to finish higher on the ladder than Freo (bigger the gap the better). This will likely result in our 3 picks having more value than Brisbanes current 3 picks + if they take 4 picks to the draft we could upgrade their 3rd pick with Freos 3rd for additional points. They would also get the Gentleman’s agreement of us not bidding on Ashcroft.

Our biggest threats in the race for Brisbanes first are Collingwood (3 picks currently worth 1370 points) and Gold Coast (picks 27, 36 & 49 worth 1492).

Two of Collingwoods picks are linked to Hawthorn and Gold Coasts 2nds are their own and Brisbanes. Unfortunately it will be in our interest to lose to Collingwood, Norf, Hawthorn and Gold Coast as all losses will help increase our points available to make this trade.

what sort of contract does Phillips get? 5 years?
Trading players takes long contracts. A fringe player like Kosi got 3 years.
Want to be sure who we bring in will work. Kosi is a huge need due to the state of our injury list.
Glandular fever affected Phillips will be behind Prestia, Taranto, Hopper. We have Baker, Graham, Bolton, Dow, Kmac2 rotating through there. BOLTON being wasted up forward. Ross being wasted on a wing. MRJ & Campbell could probably play mid. MRJ was in the VFL at times.
Plus a draftee or 5. Jagga Smith hopefully.

I think Graham, Kmac and Dow will go round again. Dow played 14 games straight, before the injuries. Someone rates him. Typical D grade players of zero use elsewhere.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

they say that every year

in reality nobody knows shite

There’s no question this draft has way more quality depth than the norm as of right now. Whether that ends up being the case when reviewing the draft in 5 years then I agree, it may not be the case. But right now, it’s way deeper for quality draftees than prior years.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Trading players takes long contracts. A fringe player like Kosi got 3 years.
Want to be sure who we bring in will work. Kosi is a huge need due to the state of our injury list.
Glandular fever affected Phillips will be behind Prestia, Taranto, Hopper. We have Baker, Graham, Bolton, Dow, Kmac2 rotating through there. BOLTON being wasted up forward. Ross being wasted on a wing. MRJ & Campbell could probably play mid. MRJ was in the VFL at times.
Plus a draftee or 5. Jagga Smith hopefully.

I think Graham, Kmac and Dow will go round again. Dow played 14 games straight, before the injuries. Someone rates him. Typical D grade players of zero use elsewhere.

In all seriousness, I don't think Richmond would offer Will Phillips more than 3 years maximum. They shouldn't have to offer more than that because no other club is likely to. If he never comes good then 3 years at $350-400k wont kill us. If he comes good the club would extend him.

*yes, I'm aware Shai won't be leaving...
But if freo made the play and offered #6 #12 #15 and threw in future first 2025.. = deal done!
unfortunately it's just wishful thinking, we believe our list is just brimming with champions.

Well I did figure he had zero idea of Richmond's plans when he listed nearly the whole top 10 as players of interest.

Outside of that I couldn't care what he does 😂
you cared enough to want his life story though!

In all seriousness, I don't think Richmond would offer Will Phillips more than 3 years maximum. They shouldn't have to offer more than that because no other club is likely to. If he never comes good then 3 years at $350-400k wont kill us. If he comes good the club would extend him.
You're offering our pick 21.
No thanks. nothing against Phillips but we an have excess of 181 types
as steak knives in the Rioli trade I'd rather the next Bont.

GOLD Coast has offered midfielder Alex Godzilla Davies a new deal as the youngster assesses his options.

Davies, who has another two games to run on his three-match suspension for his high bump on Port Adelaide's Lachie Jones, is out of contract at the end of this year.

The tall and bigger-bodied midfielder has a two-year offer in front of him from the Suns but has also been on other clubs' radars after being on the fringe of Gold Coast's strong midfield.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back