List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see Tassie chasing Reid when his contract is up for grabs as they would receive extra money for the first few seasons to attract marquee players. They would blow everyone out of the water with a huge contract & only a short flight home to be with family.
Possibly why he's asking for a 1 year extension at massive money then he can leverage Tassie to get best deal wherever it may be. I doubt he would choose Tassie though

Seems like in the opposite camp to most when it comes to the trading of cap space for picks. I reckon it's a brilliant idea. The trade and free agency space needs more trade flexibility and being able to trade picks for cap space and also trade picks a couple of years in the future will really help shed light on how the club sees the list currently and where the focus needs to be.

Regarding Rioli, if he wants to go we have to take it. Even if he doesn't it's tough to turn down.

C4[2]Yo`DooR said in the Baker thread that he believes Baker is going, Rioli wants to stay and Graham wants to leave.

He has has good mail before. I remember he was the first to say Grigg was coming over.
He's had plenty of good info over the years.

I cant see MJ going as I don't think Dimma thought much of him. MJ looked much better this season under Yze than he ever has under Dimma.
Maybe. 2022 debut late season under Dimma was great

Under Dimma, 2023 still got selected first 6 rounds despite being way out of condition.

Stated 2024, fit and lean.

You reckon? He got so many chances under dimma even when he was out of form.
Constantly played as a small forward, when he could have been utilized in the midfield. He was struggling with the lack of supply, couldn't question his effort for a young guy. He still has improvement ahead of him & things to work on. But the potential is still there as we saw earlier this year. If you watched him play in the VFL, he was quite effective as a mid, would burst away from the middle & also apply great pressure when the other team won the footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only positive of Rioli potentially going is that his position is fairly easily replaced and cheap to replace.
Smith and Banks could step right into his spot.
It happens in the NFL all the time. Teams cut/trade senior plays all the time to free up space for a younger cheaper player.
Agree 100%

The only positive of Rioli potentially going is that his position is fairly easily replaced and cheap to replace.
Smith and Banks could step right into his spot.
It happens in the NFL all the time. Teams cut/trade senior plays all the time to free up space for a younger cheaper player.

The positive is we're about to load up with additional picks for players who won't be apart of our next premiership push before Tassie ravages the draft.

Also we're losing players that still have high trade value. I wouldn't say Rioli's value has peaked like Baker, but it's still fairly high which means good returns for us. If we waited any longer, his value will be greatly diminished.

I'm sure Rioli will have a couple good years at Gold Coast, but he will be pushing 30 before we know. Also as you mention, plays a position and role that is replaceable.

C4[2]Yo`DooR said in the Baker thread that he believes Baker is going, Rioli wants to stay and Graham wants to leave.

He has has good mail before. I remember he was the first to say Grigg was coming over.

That was 12 years ago and most of the info he has since has been shit.

I can see Tassie chasing Reid when his contract is up for grabs as they would receive extra money for the first few seasons to attract marquee players. They would blow everyone out of the water with a huge contract & only a short flight home to be with family.
Outside us getting him.id be wrapped if that happened.

M Rioli wouldnt get a game at GC, no way he would even consider it and no way would they even want him. Not at this stage anyway

Picks are great and all, but for D Rioli, I would need a certain best 22 player that fills a need thrown in.
Who do you fancy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back