List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Well, he isn't going to admit it. I hate that people always assume someone is telling the truth.
Any trade discussions are technically not allowed currently, so if he admits to it, they would get in hot water from the AFL.
Sounds weird but I trust the media more than clubs right now as clubs are not legally allowed to say anything.

Well, he isn't going to admit it. I hate that people always assume someone is telling the truth.
Any trade discussions are technically not allowed currently, so if he admits to it, they would get in hot water from the AFL.
Sounds weird but I trust the media more than clubs right now as clubs are not legally allowed to say anything.
Not suggesting he is telling the truth. Just posting what's reported

over on the W.Coast board there seems to be a few posters who believe Steely Green could be in play ( possible included with Baker or Bolton??)
don't think we would be contemplating this..yet ... you would have to listen to any offers in a rebuild.
do have a future for Steely at Richmond.
thought?

over on the W.Coast board there seems to be a few posters who believe Steely Green could be in play ( possible included with Baker or Bolton??)
don't think we would be contemplating this..yet ... you would have to listen to any offers in a rebuild.
thought?
I think Steely would be pretty close to being delisted, at best a promise of a 1 year extension after the draft given we need list spaces to take picks to the draft.

I think Steely would be pretty close to being delisted, at best a promise of a 1 year extension after the draft given we need list spaces to take picks to the draft.
Yeah definitely goners. Can't hold onto small players with no position or weapons when we've got some top end talent coming in.

Lalor won't be there at 9, we really should have more than 3 in the top 25 and can't see us repeating the mistakes of '21 and not taking a kpf at some point with those early picks...
Nah Build the future midfield first the next 2 years
Our defence is just about set
Get a gun KPF via free agency

Nah Build the future midfield first the next 2 years
Our defence is just about set
Get a gun KPF via free agency
Agree with this, especially as an elite midfield can make up for a lesser forward line.

Not suggesting he is telling the truth. Just posting what's reported
Yeah I wasn't referring to you as you didn't actually say anything. Was more of a general statement as I saw a few posts and comments.

The Sun's have denied the rumour of 2 first rounders which is fair enough. Not to say a lesser offer isn't being worked on.

Yeah definitely goners. Can't hold onto small players with no position or weapons when we've got some top end talent coming in.

Green is a better player than he appears. Not sure how good but he is clearly highly team orientated rather than a glory chaser and that is going by both watching him and reading the VFL coach reports. Don't be shocked if Richmond hold him and let Cumberland go for eg.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Sun's have denied the rumour of 2 first rounders which is fair enough. Not to say a lesser offer isn't being worked on.
Maybe but I'd wager they were just straight up lying.

Agree with this, especially as an elite midfield can make up for a lesser forward line.

Can't keep neglecting it and need to develop at least one that isn't a Hail Mary 40+ pick - can't rely "might poach Cadman or whoever in 5 years"...remember we had our own home grown in Jack before we went & got Lynch...

Can't keep neglecting it and need to develop at least one that isn't a Hail Mary 40+ pick - can't rely "might poach Cadman or whoever in 5 years"...remember we had our own home grown in Jack before we went & got Lynch...
agree, atleast we have options for a change

thought?
I did mention a few weeks ago that West Coast tabled a 2 year offer to Steely.

The camera's at the airport wasn't a coincidence either.

Yeah just like Libba Snr who was 6 inches shorter was....:$
Ave hight of players is a lot bigger now especially for the types of players that require tags generally around the 190cm mark

As a fan of Libba sr he wouldn’t even be close to getting a run in the AFL these days

Remove this Banner Ad

Back