List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
need to get in some more fringe players, i dream of a day when our entire list is fringe players.
I thought you must have been our list manager because our list has been going backwards for years and we seem afraid to draft high quality talent in the draft.

2009 was when we got Dusty was it not, that was a fair while back....

I thought you must have been our list manager because our list has been going backwards for years and we seem afraid to draft high quality talent in the draft.

2009 was when we got Dusty was it not, that was a fair while back....
well said..why many can't wrap there head around trading big time this year to maximise our draft positioning over the next few years is crazy.
when the opportunity presents itself grab it with two hands

We should be selling baker to freo if he is 100% out. One of their firsts is Collingwood’s. Currently 9.

I’m open to keeping Bolton and Rioli if they want to stay. However. We may never be better placed to stockpile first round picks…

I’m no draft expert. But listening to some talk about this years draft. there isn’t a Reid type standout. Supposedly a good deep draft to have a haul of picks.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I Was talking to my Sydney connects ( I live in Sydney) and they say Josh Smillie is the real deal. He gets tagged which is rare for a under 18's player.

They said if they had pick 1.. they would hands down go Josh Smillie, The kid in one pre season will be able to give the don't argue to Harley Reid
Well I'm sold. Now let's see him have 40 & 3 this week 😍

Well I'm sold. Now let's see him have 40 & 3 this week 😍

I was talking to a mate who’s working at Hawthorn, it’s probably a massive game for Smilie this one. Kid hasn’t really got the respect outside of the industry, a lot are saying yeah but on him. This will show a lot to recruiters. The best stand up in these games. He can be the number one pick if he blitzes this game. A lot are watching. Especially us.

I was talking to a mate who’s working at Hawthorn, it’s probably a massive game for Smilie this one. Kid hasn’t really got the respect outside of the industry, a lot are saying yeah but on him. This will show a lot to recruiters. The best stand up in these games. He can be the number one pick if he blitzes this game. A lot are watching. Especially us.
He's had a golden run this year with fitness and continuity but has yet to show pick 1 quality, especially in the three Champs games he's already played.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not that I am completely against it, but I have seen multiple times mentioned that Dan Rioli is easily replaceable. How many teams are in the market for a running defender this off-season?
If we get rid of Dan Rioli we will certainly be in the market for one next year

If we get rid of Dan Rioli we will certainly be in the market for one next year

why???

We can play a different way, can we not??

This is one of the arguments for getting Josh Smillie. The game has changed. Look at the stats, in the fantasy games people struggle to get forwards that rack up stats, it is all back line and midfield.

Josh Smillie can be a POD. He can help us play a different way potentially, he can potentially give us an edge over other teams when trying to beat them and win premierships by changing the point of attack and assisting our forwards being more effective. This means potentially we can play differently and more effectively against this opposition setups in different ways. DImma wants Dan, he wants to play his system, why can we not play a different system that is more difficult to replicate even if effective. We might have a few different systems?

Smillie is clear number 1

A kid with his athletic tools, running ability, ball handling, kicking, at 195cm, very rare

Highest ceiling and highest floor of all players in the draft pool

Not sure how there can can be a debate on this

Hi reach around stoppages will be impossible to stop, just watch him understand his bodies gifts and he will dominate

And then he will learn to do the same up forward and the AFL world will look back in 5 years and convince themselves at how obvious it all was at the time lol

Bloke averages 31 disposals, 4 tackles and 2 goals a game is almost at a ruckman size

What is wrong with you people ?

Been saying it for a while,

A kid with his athletic tools, running ability, ball handling, kicking, at 195cm, very rare

Hi reach around stoppages will be impossible to stop, just watch him understand his bodies gifts and he will dominate

And then he will learn to do the same up forward and the AFL world will look back in 5 years and convince themselves at how obvious it all was at the time lol

Bloke averages 31 disposals, 4 tackles and 2 goals a game is almost at a ruckman size

So in your opinion, what are his knocks? Pace? Agility? The fact in the champs against the best he really wasn’t a factor?

He’s not the clear number one, but I agree with you, he brings a lot of traits to be that guy.

We all want the next one. The next Dusty, the next Buddy, now the rage is the next Cripps or Bont.

He’s a 194cm midfielder so naturally the comparisons are flowing. Tomorrow he could dispel all the negativity around his game. It’s a big one for him.

Given our injuries maybe it's clever to draft the player who shows they can stay on the park
Oh yes, by all means let's be 'clever' with pick 1.

No he's not.

His athletic tools and running ability are two of the biggest question marks on him. There are concerns he is a one-way runner, for starts. He's not what you'd call quick, and doesn't have a power burst over 5-10. He can't jump.

He also fumbles more than I'd want from a top-10 pick, especially below his knees. The ball is on the ground a lot. And he's not a good mark.

Pure speculation. He could be a complete bust.

He won't be playing against boys in the AFL.

I like Jagga for our pick
Don’t know anything about him or how he stacks up but he’s got a pretty sick name so that’s enough for me

Does my head in how people say a draft pick will drop further with F/s & Academy picks.Who cares we haven't got access to those players so your still getting the 13th/16th & 20th ranked player that you have access too.
Bravo Bravo Bravo

So in your opinion, what are his knocks? Pace? Agility? The fact in the champs against the best he really wasn’t a factor?

He’s not the clear number one, but I agree with you, he brings a lot of traits to be that guy.

We all want the next one. The next Dusty, the next Buddy, now the rage is the next Cripps or Bont.

He’s a 194cm midfielder so naturally the comparisons are flowing. Tomorrow he could dispel all the negativity around his game. It’s a big one for him.
weaknesses?

Not agility thats for sure

Pace ? 1st 5 steps not express, but when he gets going, hard to stop

I dont think he has weaknesses, inside outside midfielder who kicks goals, whats not to like?

Oh yes, by all means let's be 'clever' with pick 1.

No he's not.

His athletic tools and running ability are two of the biggest question marks on him. There are concerns he is a one-way runner, for starts. He's not what you'd call quick, and doesn't have a power burst over 5-10. He can't jump.

He also fumbles more than I'd want from a top-10 pick, especially below his knees. The ball is on the ground a lot. And he's not a good mark.

Pure speculation. He could be a complete bust.

He won't be playing against boys in the AFL.

All good

Wait till November, and this board will be freaking out at the idea of us not taking him.

I had some news from a family friend who is on the coaching staff at the tigers and he stated the he felt Aden E lacks in his leadership and appears to have lost the likes of Dusty who has lost interest and enjoyment of the game and is unlikely to play again this year.
you do have to wonder if we will see Dusty lace the boots up again?
thank god, we had the #300 to celebrate
still not over... till its over:disrelieved:

If we could get Noah Anderson, Mitch georgiades and Isaac cumming then I think we could rocket back up the ladder …… much easier said then done though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back