Trade Hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: 2011 Trade Predictions - Part II

I dont think sydney need any more forwards with young Reid, jessie white and goods as tall targets up forward

Reid will be a gun
Jesse White is no good and Sydney will probably try and trade him
Goodes, although a freak, isn't a permanent forward, and is 30 or 31

No reason why Sydney shouldn't trade for or draft tall forwards as right now there is only Reid. Goodes is more damaging on the ball and Lewis Johnstone hasn't shown anything.

Reid will be a gun
Jesse White is no good and Sydney will probably try and trade him
Goodes, although a freak, isn't a permanent forward, and is 30 or 31

No reason why Sydney shouldn't trade for or draft tall forwards as right now there is only Reid. Goodes is more damaging on the ball and Lewis Johnstone hasn't shown anything.

Almost agree but no. LJ hasn't shown anything cause he's been injured as has a fair portion of our talls. If anything maybe one tall the rest mids for the off season

I assume we're getting Sam for him?

For sammy we'd be asking for something more i'd feel

Chris Dawes to Sydney. Out of contract and hard for Collingwood to keep their list.

But you know what they say about the salary cap - it works really well and effectively for 9 teams, the other 8 play in the finals.

It would cost a lot to get him

Not going on anything but my own thoughts here.

Pick 14 + Edwards & Nason to the Crows
Dangerfield & Maric to Richmond.

Nason probably not necessary in the trade but id like to get rid of him.
Edwards is a good player who id be happy to keep so maybe;

Pick 14 + Bock Compo pick for
Danger and Maric.

I like how you include Nason because you want to get rid of him. Probably says sums up that he has no trade value. As for pick 14 and bock compo for dangerfield and Maric you would prob need to give up more for dangerfield as they won't Want to trade him. The compo pick for Maric is overs but doesn't compensate for pick 14 for dangerfield.

pick 14 is probably unders for danger and end of first round compo would be a big win for maric so its probably pretty close if adelaide wanted to move on danger that would be pretty decent.

i doubt adelaide would do that

a) doubtful afc would move danger on unless he wanted out

b) danger is a fan fav they think he is jesus

c) always look first for a like for like ie, would target a in the 22 young player to return ie menzel/ tapscott.

but as i said not a terrible offer.
:D
Jesus wishes he was danger...

Danyle Pearce to Collingwood for the 1st Round Pick

wPJ9f.jpg

Just thinking of a three way trade...

Gold Coast: Lose pick 4, another first round pick, gain Tippett & McLean.
Carlton: Lose Lucas & McLean, gain Gunston and a first round pick.
Crows: Lose Tippet & Gunston, gain Lucas and pick 4.

Fills all clubs needs... Just a thought :cool:

Just thinking of a three way trade...

Gold Coast: Lose pick 4, another first round pick, gain Tippett & McLean.
Carlton: Lose Lucas & McLean, gain Gunston and a first round pick.
Crows: Lose Tippet & Gunston, gain Lucas and pick 4.

Fills all clubs needs... Just a thought :cool:

Carlton would be unbelievable winners out of that one. McLean not worth a first round pick. 3rd if lucky

Brian Lake, what would you give him for him?

Nothing

Age + injuries + wages + reported attitude issues

No-one will want him

Danyle Pearce to Collingwood for the 1st Round Pick

Only if the 1st round pick is substantially upgraded from what you'd currently have.

In my opinion if Pearce was to go anywhere it will be to GWS next year for a mini-draft pick which hopefully could pick up James Aish (assuming he's eligible to participate).

I would love to see a Port team with Day at CHF, Aish in the middle and the Butcher at full forward. We can all have dreams.

Queue whining Crows fans saying that's if Port are still in the league YYYYYYYYYaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnnnn.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton would be unbelievable winners out of that one. McLean not worth a first round pick. 3rd if lucky

It fills all the clubs needs, Gold coast get big bodies, Carlton get Gunston and a first round pick, Adelaide get Lucas and pick 4 (Wingard)

It fills all the clubs needs, Gold coast get big bodies, Carlton get Gunston and a first round pick, Adelaide get Lucas and pick 4 (Wingard)

Gold Coast wouldn't give a first rounder away is all. They can turf pick 4 and a 3rd rounder and get the same result.

In my opinion if Pearce was to go anywhere it will be to GWS next year for a mini-draft pick which hopefully could pick up James Aish (assuming he's eligible to participate).

I would love to see a Port team with Day at CHF, Aish in the middle and the Butcher at full forward. We can all have dreams.

Queue whining Crows fans saying that's if Port are still in the league YYYYYYYYYaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnnnn.

would be happy to have pearce at the hawks!

would be happy to have pearce at the hawks!

I'm sure most clubs would like to have him. He would be in our most important 3 players and would only be swapped for the ability to get an elite player.

None of this we'll give you Pick 25 and Mr Potatohead

By this I'm saying he's important to Port and I'm sure everyone will say I'm overrating him but what I'm saying is the truth - he's a required player but if the price was right.

Any predictions on the winning GWS bid?

My prediction is that it won't be Freo's priority pick and two fringe players...

I'm also predicting Koby Stevens + WC first and second round to Geelong for Mitch Duncan and first and second round. Actually that's a wild guess - I'm just trying to think of who would like Stevens.

Any predictions on the winning GWS bid?

My prediction is that it won't be Freo's priority pick and two fringe players...

I'm also predicting Koby Stevens + WC first and second round to Geelong for Mitch Duncan and first and second round. Actually that's a wild guess - I'm just trying to think of who would like Stevens.

I think Carlton would be interested in stevens, that big bodied in and under player that we need. Doubt we would give up more than a 2nd rounder for him or the pick we get from trading bower to freo

Pick 4 from GC wont be offered and it would not be accepted anyway. I dont think you will go after O'meara but I can see you chasing Grundy.

Port is interested in Grundy that part is true however if they were given the first pick of the mini-draft they would pick O'Meara if he is the second coming of Judd.

Port is interested in Grundy that part is true however if they were given the first pick of the mini-draft they would pick O'Meara if he is the second coming of Judd.

Yeah if they got the first pick GWS wont want anymore first round picks they will want experienced players.

How about

Pick 14, Compo Pick, Daniel Jackson
>

Dangerfield & Maric?

Daniel Jackson is a required player, good player and will add grunt to Adelaide's side, something they would lose if they were forced to trade Dangerfield.

I'd say we are paying overs for either Jackson/Compo Pick for Maric, so add them both ALONG with our first rounder, and suddenly Adelaide are doing alright, we are pretty much giving that all up for Dangerfield because Maric could get picked up with a second round pick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

Back