Trade period / National Draft 2024

Which out of contract player should we trade?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Safe to say no one else is getting their grubby paws on pick #1

secret smell GIF

I wouldn’t be disappointed with any of FOS, Smith or Smillie. All have their attributes to improve the team. Smillie is harshly rated on here but I reckon would be very good. Must get another first rounder for a tall forward.

We need to go scorched earth on our playing list at the end of the year and completely start again. This group ain’t it.

Honest conversations also need to be had with our premiership players too, if you’re not willing to buy in here while we’re going through a lean period, then let’s see what we can get for them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn’t be disappointed with any of FOS, Smith or Smillie. All have their attributes to improve the team. Smillie is harshly rated on here but I reckon would be very good. Must get another first rounder for a tall forward.
Won't need a first rounder for a tall forward. It is a mid dominated draft with probably only 2 or 3 talls drafted in the first round. Should be plenty of tall forwards available in the 2nd round.

Won't need a first rounder for a tall forward. It is a mid dominated draft with probably only 2 or 3 talls drafted in the first round. Should be plenty of tall forwards available in the 2nd round.

You say this now. They will rise and you’ll need a first to get the best of them. They are coming.

Agree with the above. When people talk about holding Rioli/Bakes ect it makes me realise they don't understand just how bad we are going to be. Those players will make no difference so trade them for first rounders.
you got it..
we are shocking and it's not going to just improve because it's 2025.
Sell/trade what we can now, and build with quality youth.

You say this now. They will rise and you’ll need a first to get the best of them. They are coming.
Which ones do you think will?

Armstrong looked good last game, so would be the most likely to be a bolter.

I know, imagine there was a Harley Reid or Sam walsh type.
Seems there is no clear standout whatsoever

FOS is a carbon copy of Sam Walsh. So much so they are related.

Just need him on the park. He will put some distance on him and the next best by years end.

Armstrong is definitely one. Jobe Shanahan is another. Jonty Faull a chance. Whitlock twins. Others will pop up.

The key talls in this years draft remind me of the key talls in the 2017 draft in that there are no real standouts but a lot of guys who are a good size and are competitive which I personally would rather draft over the King sisters and Lukosius types who dominate as juniors but struggle against men.

That draft had Oscar Allen at 21, Balta at 25, Sam Taylor at 28, Tom DeKoning at 30, Tom McCartin at 33, Harrison Petty at 37, Charlie Ballard at 42, Jack Payne at 54, Ben Miller at 63, Zerk Thatcher at 66, Lloyd Meek at 69 and Tristian Xerri at 72.

Trade period / National Draft 2024

Back