Trade period / National Draft 2024

Which out of contract player should we trade?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

The key talls in this years draft remind me of the key talls in the 2017 draft in that there are no real standouts but a lot of guys who are a good size and are competitive which I personally would rather draft over the King sisters and Lukosius types who dominate as juniors but struggle against men.

That draft had Oscar Allen at 21, Balta at 25, Sam Taylor at 28, Tom DeKoning at 30, Tom McCartin at 33, Harrison Petty at 37, Charlie Ballard at 42, Jack Payne at 54, Ben Miller at 63, Zerk Thatcher at 66, Lloyd Meek at 69 and Tristian Xerri at 72.
This year's crop very much like the 2017 draft IMO. Looks as deep, with the first 2 rounds full of quality players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We need to go scorched earth on our playing list at the end of the year and completely start again. This group ain’t it.

Honest conversations also need to be had with our premiership players too, if you’re not willing to buy in here while we’re going through a lean period, then let’s see what we can get for them.
Agree we must go scorched earth on the list and this is ground zero which should have been 2 years ago .

Got to have a clear vision of what sort team we want to build for the future and it should not be based on what other sides are doing now.

Bigger stronger faster should be the theme imo .

This draft is full of small bodied mids which we don't want regardless of their talent just cannot see a midfield stacked with little piss ants being dominant.in the future

Smiley is the only option as our first pick and our biggest need which we have many .

All our key players must be strong marks and have attributes like balta Miller Lefau or just don't recruit them .

I hope no picks are wasted on slow players ever again.

Can someone give a full FOS rundown during the game pls
noobermensch will be posting a full video straight after. Expect it on your desk by 1pm

secret smell GIF

Live ladder has Gold Coast finishing 11th (pick 8) and WBD finishing 10th (pick 9).

Gold coast trade 8+9 to WC for pick 3
West Coast trade pick 8 for Baker.
Pick 8 would be a very good result for us.
I think its overs, but clubs that are in the premiership window, will pay if they think it’ll get them to the next level

Back