Trade period / National Draft 2024

Which out of contract player should we trade?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has he retired yet tho? they announced his year is over, but he hasnt actually retired.

It's hard to believe that after living through the Tarrant (1 year too many) situation, they legit did it again a year later with Grimes. If the club was mainly giving him the extra year to reward his career, they should have retired him, with pay back in round 4-5. Some of the obvious calls they have fked up of late, and all the small gains we have missed from them are adding up
Should have retired before MSD they would have known he was cooked, Griggs did it to get Pickett in 19 some of our leaders are selfish and our culture sucks

Should have retired before MSD they would have known he was cooked, Griggs did it to get Pickett in 19 some of our leaders are selfish and our culture sucks
What a crap comment. Grimes is a great of our club and deserves to retire on his terms. We already had four picks and only used two. The only thing that sucks is you as a supporter !

Herald Sun reporting that rival recruiters believe we are zeroing in on Josh Smilie

Would you trade our 2025 first if it allowed us to get Smilie and FOS at 1 and 2, pie in the sky stuff but maybe north like ludowyke?

I still wonder why the club didn’t announce the Grimes retirement earlier. Everyone knew he’d struggle to play again this year and that was evident with him not being listed on the injury list for multiple weeks prior to the retirement.

We could have listed Davidson on a 6 month contract and then made the decision at the end of the year. Looks like now tho, with his constant rise we will be fighting multiple teams to get him and may have to use a higher pick than initially thought.
We had a spare spot without having to retire Grimes. 3 x ACLs (Young, Gibcus, Naismith) = 3 list spots.

Herald Sun reporting that rival recruiters believe we are zeroing in on Josh Smilie

Would you trade our 2025 first if it allowed us to get Smilie and FOS at 1 and 2, pie in the sky stuff but maybe north like ludowyke?
Based on recent mocks, its a safe guess, and that is all it is IMO.

I was wondering the same, could it be they are desperately trying to get him a farewell game and saving the announcement for that?
Wonder if they are waiting for Martin to make his decision and then possibly have a celebration in the final round when we play the Suns similar to how they did the Jack & Trent retirements.

I think we’ll have a strong enough hand in this years draft, we are much better to keep that pick up our sleeve, there’s been some very impressive under-age kids in this year’s nationals.

RICHMOND

The club’s draft rivals believe the Tigers are zeroing in on 194cm Eastern Ranges midfielder Josh Smillie. The Tigers just inherited the No.1 pick – on current ladder position – from North Melbourne and will surely keep it, given they are injury-ravaged and the Kangaroos are rising with a bullet. The Tigers would love the No.1 pick to be clear-cut and a Harley Reid type, but some recruiters still believe Smillie and Victorian mid Finn O’Sullivan are the best two kids, then a gap to the rest including Vic Metro mid Jagga Smith, Lions’ father-son prospect Levi Ashcroft and Victorian interceptor Luke Trainor.

The problem is that Smillie hasn’t exactly set the world on fire in his three under-18 games so far, with a clash to come against Vic Country on Sunday.

Smillie showed glimpses in a nine-clearance contest against Western Australia, but has 17, 22 and 20 touches in those U18 games and wouldn’t be a lock for All Australian honours.

So ideally he torches Vic Country, has an even stronger back-end to his season and makes it easy for the Tigers, who need more elite mids to help Tim Taranto and Jacob Hopper.

What is the absolute best draft haul Richmond could secure if they wanted to maximise their draft hand? Right now they have pick 1, 21, 36 (Fremantle’s second-rounder), 39 and 41 plus a heap of back-end picks.

They could secure pick 10 to 13 for Baker and two first-rounders for Rioli, albeit the Roos one, which ends up at pick 28 to 30. So they could have pick 1, 8 (the Dogs’ first-rounder for Rioli), pick 12 (for Baker), 21, 28 (the Roos-end-of-first-rounder), 36, 39, and 41.

Those picks will shuffle around with father-son and Next Generation Academy picks, but it would give them three top-15 picks, five top-30 picks and eight selections within 41.

It’s a spectacular starting point for the rejig, restump and rewire under Adem Yze, even before unrestricted free agent Jack Graham considers his future.

I have been a blunt NO on trading DRioli, but if it came down to having to let one go, its Rioli over Shai for mine. Yes, I have changed my mind, but Smith comes in and takes his spot from day1. Its much easier to replace a HB, albeit gun and spiritual leader nearly 28, than one of the most damaging mid/fwds in the game.

We would still land approx pick 10 and 22.

Baker leave for a teens pick - Freo or 2 x 2nd rounders - WC

Would give us picks 1, 10 and a teens pick. without points trading to come.

Shai is a must keep unless we get crazy overs IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kangaroos rising with a bullet LOL, lets see where they are in 3 weeks after they play Sydney, Carlton and Geelong before that clash with us.

Somethings telling me we're finishing 17th. Loser of NM and WCE will finish last IMO.
I called it month or more ago, WC would fall apart. Since then though, we dont look like winning a game so it really is a race to the bottom.

I have been a blunt NO on trading DRioli, but if it came down to having to let one go, its Rioli over Shai for mine. Yes, I have changed my mind, but Smith comes in and takes his spot from day1. Its much easier to replace a HB, albeit gun and spiritual leader nearly 28, than one of the most damaging mid/fwds in the game.

We would still land approx pick 10 and 22.

Baker leave for a teens pick - Freo or 2 x 2nd rounders - WC

Would give us picks 1, 10 and a teens pick.

Shai is a must keep unless we get crazy overs IMO.
Spot on. It just sucks big time because it's a Rioli though. Unless Port or Pies die in the ass we won't get value for Shai anyway and we need more forwards not less.

Saw that Code Sports article saying pick 20 will become 28-30. I'm only seeing 2 certainties (Ashcroft & Lombard), 1 probably (Marshall), 1 maybe ( BCampo) and 1 unlikely (Welsh) to get bid on in the first round. Worst case its 25. And it's pick 20 of the available players regardless.

Having said that, it's really going to come down to who wants to leave.

Spot on. It just sucks big time because it's a Rioli though. Unless Port or Pies die in the ass we won't get value for Shai anyway and we need more forwards not less.

Saw that Code Sports article saying pick 20 will become 28-30. I'm only seeing 2 certainties (Ashcroft & Lombard), 1 probably (Marshall), 1 maybe ( BCampo) and 1 unlikely (Welsh) to get bid on in the first round. Worst case its 25. And it's pick 20 of the available players regardless.

Having said that, it's really going to come down to who wants to leave.
yeah I will be genuinely sad if he leaves, but if one goes, I think thats our best bet.

Shais value certainly wont lessen in 12 months should things change anyway, where as Riolis will.

Yeah we don't but we will win at least one and that's going to be enough for 17th.
I agree, but maybe they will also. Norf will pants us, their midfield speed will trouble us big time.

yeah I will be genuinely sad if he left, but if one goes, I think thats our best bet.

Shais value certainly wont lessen in 12 months should things change anyway, where as Riolis will.
Yeah you could see WC willing to trade next year if they climb to say 12th/13th on the ladder.

And if we are bottom 2 again we might be inclined to trade especially if we've brought a guy like Kako in this year.

I agree, but maybe they will also. Norf will pants us, their midfield speed will trouble us big time.
Does it really matter though, if the club has two kids in the gun then 17th or 18th won't matter will it. It's only going to matter if the club has it's sights set on one kid and one kid only.

Does it really matter though, if the club has two kids in the gun then 17th or 18th won't matter will it. It's only going to matter if the club has it's sights set on one kid and one kid only.
Id rather we have the choice.

Yeah you could see WC willing to trade next year if they climb to say 12th/13th on the ladder.

And if we are bottom 2 again we might be inclined to trade especially if we've brought a guy like Kako in this year.
Not to mention Freo could get crafty and trade into next year. We want Warner to resign asap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back