Trade period / National Draft 2024

Which out of contract player should we trade?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree on Reid's kicking.

I'm not convinced on Langford. Something still irks me with him. If we were to get 1, 6, 7 & 12 then give me the other 4 and I'll pack Rioli and Bolton's bags no issues. 😆

I'll even drive them. Bolton might be shitty driving to Perth via GC but tough luck.
I'm not saying pick Langford but he is a very nice kick. Agree with CP, Langford is one-paced and I'd go for Allan because of his pace (and love his aggression). But he's not as good a kick.

Stocks rising fast, as I mentioned to you last week, would love this kid especially if Riolio leaves. Start at HB then becoming a damaging mid in a couple of years.
So many good kids in this pool.

When does this kid ever play a bad game!!
Geez he plays at a consistently high level
HB or mid, he just steps up. We often see pacey HB's step into the midfield and be incredibly damaging. Saints and Dogs found a couple of jet mids off HB they just do so much more damage with ball in hand.

So is Jayden Short's.

I like him but we need pace and he don't have it.

And even moreso if we lose our 2 fastest players in Shai and Rioli, but even if not, pace is the future.

Last edited:
Welcome aboard.

Lack of pace, kicks some up and unders; lacks penetration. Very good player but think he's 10-15 myself.

His kicking could improve and is nowhere near best in class. FOS, Lalor, Lindsay, Langford, Armstrong are among the best.
What has Lalor done to be in front of Reid? I don't get the hype with this kid.

Reid was Metro's best player in 2 of the Champs games and won their MVP award in front of Smille, Smith and Ashcroft.

Lalor looks like a bit of a plodder

Prolific output in this game from Moraes who managed to bag 5 goals along with his usual high possession count playing predominantly on ball with occasional stints forward. His forward craft has matured over the course of the season, he showed his capability as a lead/mark target and was especially dangerous at forward 50 stoppages getting on the move, collecting the ball off the tap and rapidly getting boot to ball to snap at goal. I'd still like to see him improve his consistency with his field kicking, but if he can continue to deliver like this he might find his draft stocks rising again after they slid a little in recent weeks.

HB or mid, hen just steps up. We often see pacey HB;s step into the midfield and be incredibly damaging. Saints and Dogs found a couple of jet mids off HB they just do so much more damage with ball in hand.

And even moreso if we lose our 2 fastest players in Shai and Rioli, but even if not, pace is the future.
It would have been nice to see him get a run through the midfield in the Nationals, having said that he was incredible off hb metres gained over the championship would have to have been up with the best , if not no 1.
This draft is doing my head in , there’s way too many options 😂.
You’d love Travaglia and Lindsay on the list, they’d improve our kicking and run/carry massively.

What has Lalor done to be in front of Reid? I don't get the hype with this kid.

Reid was Metro's best player in 2 of the Champs games and won their MVP award in front of Smille, Smith and Ashcroft.

Lalor looks like a bit of a plodder
Lalor is a better kick. He's not a plodder, just hasn't been fully fit. Extremely strong in the contest and in the air.

Prolific output in this game from Moraes who managed to bag 5 goals along with his usual high possession count playing predominantly on ball with occasional stints forward. His forward craft has matured over the course of the season, he showed his capability as a lead/mark target and was especially dangerous at forward 50 stoppages getting on the move, collecting the ball off the tap and rapidly getting boot to ball to snap at goal. I'd still like to see him improve his consistency with his field kicking, but if he can continue to deliver like this he might find his draft stocks rising again after they slid a little in recent weeks.

27p and 5 goals, fair day out 😂

Is it worth just going all out on mids (FOS, Lalor, Hotton, Travaglia, Reid, Lindsay) this year and then draft Ludowyke next year. Can we make do with Lynch and some mix and match Key forwards for a couple of years whilst we rebuild?

If Lalor has a strong last two games for the rebels I think we've gotta take him

In the last 10 years the top 10 picks that were MID-FWDs over 185cm are Petracca, De Goey, Taranto, Rayner, E.Hollands, JHF, Humphrey, Phillipou, H.Reid. If those players are the floor then I think the ceiling is worth the risk.

Footy is definitely becoming more like the NFL, in terms of considering positional value a lot more. Good KPPs are so important, so you take them first if you can. There's barely any in the top end of this draft. The MID-FWD wins games, we of all people, know that

It's a simplistic argument but watching him he's definitely not a "plodder", he's a gun, he looks the part, a beast, strong overhead, has big moments, kicks goals

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it worth just going all out on mids (FOS, Lalor, Hotton, Travaglia, Reid, Lindsay) this year and then draft Ludowyke next year. Can we make do with Lynch and some mix and match Key forwards for a couple of years whilst we rebuild?
What if we end with pick 2 and the team with 1 take Ludowyke? What if Ludowyke does an ACL? Sharp, Greeves, Onley and Rodriguez are also very good so what if Ludowyke is more a 5-10 rated player do we reach on pick 1?

We should grab a key forward this year, whether it's Armstrong in top 10 or someone with a 20ish pick is up for debate. There will definitely be guys in our range.

It would be dangerous to ignore our KPF need again

What if we end with pick 2 and the team with 1 take Ludowyke? What if Ludowyke does an ACL? Sharp, Greeves, Onley and Rodriguez are also very good so what if Ludowyke is more a 5-10 rated player do we reach on pick 1?

We should grab a key forward this year, whether it's Armstrong in top 10 or someone with a 20ish pick is up for debate. There will definitely be guys in our range.

It would be dangerous to ignore our KPF need again
I reckon we try and get Armstrong if we end up with a pick in that range. Then take one of Faull, Whitlocks, Shanahan, Simms, etc. a bit later.

We should be able to get at least one tall forward in the door without reaching.

I reckon we try and get Armstrong if we end up with a pick in that range. Then take one of Faull, Whitlocks, Shanahan, Simms, etc. a bit later.

We should be able to get at least one tall forward in the door without reaching.
100%, I would even take 2 if it falls that way.

I agree, we should have the picks for Armstrong unless someone goes super early. Sims would be a nice fit with him. If we do all the trades that are rumoured we will likely be taking 6 or 7 players in the draft. Can get some mids and forwards with the other 4 or 5 picks. Maybe even Dodson comes into calculations.

I agree, we should have the picks for Armstrong unless someone goes super early. Sims would be a nice fit with him. If we do all the trades that are rumoured we will likely be taking 6 or 7 players in the draft. Can get some mids and forwards with the other 4 or 5 picks. Maybe even Dodson comes into calculations.
I want Faull, agressive KPF's are gold.

Reckon we’ll end up with a couple of talls with the draft hand we hold
Even if we do load up with mids early, there’ll be some good talls in the 20s, 30s

There’s the obvious talls mentioned plenty of times here but there may be a couple of sliders like O’Farrell, Mraz that have been injured. Rohr and Gerreyn from WA. Nicholls and Dodson ( if we want a ruck) from SA.

I want Faull, agressive KPF's are gold.
Agree, that's why I'm not that high on Shanahan. Kicked 4 against the worst team to ever exist but was all just lead/mark. I want to see some aggression at the ball and the man for defensive pressure.

If we can go into next year with Armstrong, Faull, Gray and Fawcett as developing key forwards we'll be well placed to find a couple of best 22 keys.

Plus we'll still have Lynch and Kosi as stopgaps as well as Lefau who could be anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back