Trade period / National Draft 2024

Which out of contract player should we trade?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

In the words of Lloyd Xmas “I like it a lot”

But would we be actually using 9 picks ?
No, that's why I said trade the last three into next year.

The fact that the premiership has never docked in Fremantle would help increase Bolton's trade value.

View attachment 2067866
The only problem with that is Cam Luke's a ****ing idiot. I could be leaving a party with Scarlett Johannson and if he said 'good one' I'd check her for an Adam's apple.

When the whips were cracking tonight the 195cm mid just took over. Completely unstoppable as the game wore on.
RCD?

We're splitting hairs at #1. We all have different opinions on who is the best player in the draft but one of the major positives of us potentially (and hopefully) trading in multiple high picks at the expense of some veteran tigers, is that we can build a squad without having to swing for the fences and pray to god they are a star otherwise we're cooked.

There is no way Jagga isn't a good midfielder at AFL level. He is a modern day midfielder like current stars Butters, Serong ect. Our midfield is currently getting destroyed week in and week out. He would help us immediately.

We're splitting hairs at #1. We all have different opinions on who is the best player in the draft but one of the major positives of us potentially (and hopefully) trading in multiple high picks at the expense of some veteran tigers, is that we can build a squad without having to swing for the fences and pray to god they are a star otherwise we're cooked.

There is no way Jagga isn't a good midfielder at AFL level. He is a modern day midfielder like current stars Butters, Serong ect. Our midfield is currently getting destroyed week in and week out. He would help us immediately.
We dont want help immediately we need to stay shit for 3 years then rise up

School footy finished yesterday so should see the likes of FOS, Lalor, Armstrong, Trainor, Reid and Gross playing CTL from next week. Standard will also be boosted by 2025 crop of Ludowyke, Greeves and Onley to name a few.
You must be nagging the wife to no end hey 😝

Who are you referring to?
Cripps.

Would be nice if Smillie was having a fair dinkum crack as I’m not convinced he currently is. Saw him stand in the goal square for half the last quarter yesterday didn’t move and I turned it off 😂

I don’t mean he went to FF and played there. I mean he stood in the goal square and didn’t bother moving out of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cripps.

Would be nice if Smillie was having a fair dinkum crack as I’m not convinced he currently is. Saw him stand in the goal square for half the last quarter yesterday didn’t move and I turned it off 😂

I don’t mean he went to FF and played there. I mean he stood in the goal square and didn’t bother moving out of it.
Could be that he is carrying an injury given he missed last week

A day to remember for Jobe Shanahan as he made his VFL debut and managed to mark the occasion by slotting 4 goals to help his team get up for a win. His second goal was an outstanding solo effort with a contested mark, follow by a quick and decisive play on and long running shot from outside 50s to an empty goal square. His third and fourth goals showed his lead/mark craft as well as lovely set shot goal kicking from near the 50 meter arc.

Christian Moraes 27 disposals (18k 9hb) 6 marks 4 tackles 6 I50 4 FF 5.2
Josh Smillie 10 disposals (8k 2hb) 3 marks 2 tackles 2 I50 2 R50 1FF 2 FA

Smillie playing himself out of contention for pick 1. Too much risk with him, there's a lot of obvious upside but even just the way he moves scares me. Looks more RCD than Cripps/Green

Moraes is a pretty crap kick. Set shots ok but just an ugly technique. We have enough poo kicks. Good on him though as hopefully pushes back up and someone else takes him.

Lol Smillie. The tank is on!

Best available player every time.

We have holes in our list everywhere and injecting top end talent is the best way to rebound.

There’s been a fair few sides who have won flags with average key forwards over the years.

Geelong in 07 with Mooney as their main man and even if their other flags Hawkins was still young and developing.
Melbourne didn’t and still don’t have a notable key forward from their flag.

Collingwood last year won a flag with Frampton playing KPF.

Every premiership side always has an elite midfield complimented by a great backline.

Smillie playing himself out of contention for pick 1. Too much risk with him, there's a lot of obvious upside but even just the way he moves scares me. Looks more RCD than Cripps/Green
Doesn't want to end up at Richmond 🤣

I think you can make a comparison between FOS and Wardlaw in their draft years. Both had really strong under-age campaigns then wardlaw hardly played in his draft year because of injury but still got selected at pick 3 and looks the second best player of the draft behind Sheezel. FOS has been hampered by finger and hand injuries in his draft year but was pretty strong in the first few coates talent league games before injury

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back