Trade period / National Draft 2024

Which out of contract player should we trade?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Travaglia is the most underrated/improved of all CTL kids. Can’t understand why he’s not seen as top 5. Armstrong or Travaglia with a Rioli trade pick would make me happy. Armstrong because we need a KPF and Travaglia instant running half back with good skill, speed, disposal and a gun mark for his size. As stated by others, he’s also gunned it as midfielder. I declared he was top 5 earlier and I’ve seen nothing that has changed my mind.
Definitely a dasher but seems to lack a bit of class. Gives me Jaydyn HUNT vibes

I've heard they're pretty keen. Shows how highly he's rated.
That was initial concern I had for him but after watching closely feel like his body language is more poor rather than the effort itself. Certainly inconsistent but he a freakish talent, who in any other draft would currently be in top 10 contention. May yet still end up there with a strong end of the year.
Yeah you could be right. I did really like his game against VC. Put a lot more effort both sides of the ball. Think he may have run down FOS if memory serves me correctly. His game against Dandenong was pretty good too. Still a couple of times he just skirted around when he could just crack in and crunch a bloke.

Depends on who we are after. Pick 1,3 would be nice though.
Its a tough one, head says the freo picks, but heart says pick 1 and 3 gets us our next 2 midfield stars.

I wonder if WC would give up pick 3 to get Bolton? I'd be comfortable with Bolton and Baker for 3 and 23. Matty Clarke may not be.
I believe I could live with it.
But if they have the opportunity to bring in all of Bolton, Baker, Graham and English they might be tempted to bite the bullet.
I like this. Truth be told though, I'm not totally sure how we can arrange the English trade, but I'm open to ideas.

I wonder if WC would give up pick 3 to get Bolton? I'd be comfortable with Bolton and Baker for 3 and 23. Matty Clarke may not be.

But if they have the opportunity to bring in all of Bolton, Baker, Graham and English they might be tempted to bite the bullet.
No again batshit crazy. Thanks heck your not doing the trading. Farkin ridiculous

He'd be making out like a bandit. Bolton is comfortably worth 3 on his own and Baker is worth much more than pick 23, which is likely 25/26 come draft day.

It however makes **** all sense for WC to go down this path. Their list is ****ing horrible beyond Reid and 5 guys who will retire in the next two seasons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There are plenty of KPF’s in this draft and I’m certain we will use one of our top-30 picks on at least one of them. Assuming we have 6 x top-30 picks I’d guess 1 x KPF, 1 x KPF/Ruck, 3 x midfielders and 1 x mid/fwd.

Elite mids can easily be played off HBF (ala Scheezel, Naicos).

Let’s assume Bolton, Graham, Rioli, Baker, Dusty, Grimes, Cumbo, Pickett and Grimes are all gone, and everyone on our list is fit … here is our team Round 23 2025:

B: Broad. Miller. Gibcus
HB: Vlastuin. Balta. T Brown
C: Hugo. Hopper. Banks
HF: Mansell. Lefau. Campbell
F: MRJ. Lynch. Kosi
R: Nank. Taranto. #1 pick
I/C: Ross. McAuliffe. Smith. Green. Clarke
E: Tresize. 2nd draft pick. 3rd draft pick

It’s not ‘jump off the Westgate’ bad.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Apart from a banged up Lynch there isn't a single matchwinner/game changer/XFactor player in that entire side because they're all playing for someone else.

Be careful what you wish for.

That's not a criticism of you, that's an observation about the general theme running through Richmond BF right now.

I have heard from a good source, the following information.

My source is a person who works as list manager at another club. On the weekend he was at Shepparton to watch a game as were some Tiger people.

Bolton wants to go home and is not fussed whether it’s Freo or WC Clearly due to family reasons, Bolton has made his intentions known to the club.

Rioli wants to go to GC more specific his wife does and he has also made it known.

Interesting times regardless.
Happy wife, happy life.

If you haven't subscribed to that yet in your life your probably an out of shape, lonely bloke sinking beers and eating takeout every night and spending too much time on BF playing fantasy trader all by yourself.

Not looking at anyone.

Much. Lol

Happy wife, happy life.

If you haven't subscribed to that yet in your life your probably an out of shape, lonely bloke sinking beers and eating takeout every night and spending too much time on BF playing fantasy trader all by yourself.

Not looking at anyone.

Much. Lol
****ing harsh singling out Nostradumbass

Did we?

I remember Des English for Carlton.
Funny you should say that. My (incredibly happy) wife and I had this convo the other night. Interestingly she is English and she asked me what players over the years had names of countries. We had ten minutes of fun (which is roughly five minutes more than the fun we usually have) with me remembering names and her googering or whatever it's called to authenticate the names.

Here's a few

Des English
Barnaby French
Peter German
Heath Scotland
Andrew Ireland

There were a few more but my happy wife is calling me from the bedroom...so I must go

If we lose all of Bolton, Baker, Rioli, Martin and Graham I agree it’s an almost certain bottom-2 finish. But a hell of a lot of our players will be hitting the all important 40-50 game milestones end of 2025 and I predict there’ll be loads of optimism for the future.

We are going to parlay some of our early picks this year into 2025 so will have 2 x very strong drafts in a row.

Tigers exist to be sh*t or win flags. It’s not a bad place to be and it’s why we have 13 of the shiny cups. But it will be 8-9 years between drinks this time .. not 37!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Get it right & we could get 3 drafts worth of top end talent (1st 2 rds) onto the list over 2 drafts. The "gone for a decade" narrative our haters have will be proven incorrect. We'll have 2 drafts that an established Club has never had before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back